Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 166 of 613 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 612 613
ToddAC #1689958 09/21/06 06:06 PM
N
N
How about Oz? That's what I used for my chili.

I didn't have crackers Todd because that's wrong. We had a nice crusty bread.

Cincinnati has great chili with crackers.

When will you be having to discussion with your WW about her chance to save the marriage?

Last edited by nams; 09/21/06 06:07 PM.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
bigkahuna #1689959 09/21/06 06:10 PM
L
L
Regreted,

Sorry about the pain and angish you are feeling. I would recomend you to stay in the forum and keep reading the articles.

The separation, as painful as it is, may just be a period of time. You need to learn to comunicate in an open not defensive or judgemental way with your husband.

I have the impression that you might be misunderstanding two concepts. Please excuse me if I'm wrong.
One concept is about the right of your husband to know the true. As I understand MB concepts, there is no place for secrecy in a marriage. He's entitled to the true as you are entitled to know everything about him. There's not full recovery unless the BS knows about the affairs.

The other concept is about what is less or more betray, OS or FS... It's not a matter of deepness or quantity, really.

I feel you keep justifying your behavior based in the fact that what you showed or cam was not your full body or you had not full sex.

Your husband feelings about your behavior, are his feelings and he has a right to them and he has a need to recover from it in the time frame he needs to do it, not in the time frame you decide it's reasonable for him to do it.

I have great hopes about you. Great hopes that you will learn and recover. This is just a sad spot in your marriage and maybe the crisis that will turn everything for the better. You have to learn fast so don't make mistakes that could turn things for the worst.

You may feel that we are considering you a low human being or the worst of the worst. I don't think I do and I don't think others think that about you. Sadly your case is too comun around here. What people won't do is to sugarcoat the true for you. That's the difference between MB and other forums. It requires that you be brave about your own mistakes and that you learn from them.

Don't go, you need a place like this.

Last edited by larousse; 09/21/06 06:15 PM.
larousse #1689960 09/21/06 06:16 PM
N
N
Hi larousse! So, what happened with the expected proposal? Did you BF give you a ring from a machine?

larousse #1689961 09/21/06 06:18 PM
B
B
I don't give advice to regretted too much because her husband HITS her. I would not want to tell her the wrong thing. Personally, I would consider separation.

believer #1689962 09/21/06 06:20 PM
B
B
Nams - I had a dear friend who dated a woman for 12 years. She wanted to get married, and finally gave him a deadline. They split up.

He started dating again, and met and MARRIED the next one who came along.

Actually, I thought the first one was a better match.

believer #1689963 09/21/06 06:24 PM
N
N
My boys have discovered the X-Files so I'm off to watch a few episodes.

I'll be back to see if there's any more...excitement.

nams #1689964 09/21/06 06:24 PM
T
T
Cincinnati has great chili with crackers.

nams,

Are you familiar with the comedian Ron White? He is best known as a member of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. In one of his routines, he talks about the fact that Cincinnati bills itself as the chili capital of the world. He then says that you would think it would be Mexico City or Guadalajara. Anyway, I cannot do it justice but it is very funny.

BTW, the best chili I have ever had is in Texas.

believer #1689965 09/21/06 06:28 PM
T
T
I don't give advice to regretted too much because her husband HITS her. I would not want to tell her the wrong thing. Personally, I would consider separation.

Hi believer,

regreted has posted that her husband hits her. I am not sure what to believe from regreted anymore. She has lost much credibility.

regreted,

You should really consider staying here because you need MB more than ever. You need to be honest with MB, your BH, your family and most importantly - with yourself.

ToddAC #1689966 09/21/06 06:29 PM
B
B
I love tater salad.

ToddAC #1689967 09/21/06 06:38 PM
L
L
Nam,

I was half expecting a propousal that didn't came, lol. He made some comments about what would be an ideal situation for him, like dating for a long while.

I feel that if left to their own devices many men wouldn't want to marry, lol.

I was a rebel teen and my head was full of literary concepts, it took me almost twenty years, slow learning here, to realize that marriage was a better option to make a couple than cohabitation.

There was not ring but the man was a champ. He helped me to repair somethings in the appartment. I felt guilty about that but he saw it as a natural thing between us. He stayed in a hotel three days and the other five at my home.

We met online. Oops. I spend a lot of time online for work reasons and addiction reasons too. Lol.

Believer. I agree with your point of view but Regreted has explained that in one of those ocassions, I think the first, she hit him too. Not a justification at all. It's a complex situation indeed.

larousse #1689968 09/21/06 06:53 PM
T
T
I was half expecting a propousal that didn't came, lol. He made some comments about what would be an ideal situation for him, like dating for a long while.

larousse,

Do I also have to lecture to you about men who don't want to marry?

I feel that if left to their own devices many men wouldn't want to marry, lol.

I never wanted to marry. I was having too much fun. As it happened, I married the wrong woman.

ToddAC #1689969 09/21/06 07:11 PM
C
C
Okay, a confession: it is not true that Australian wine is bottled in Oregon and Washington. That was strictly to get a rise out of BigK. By now, we are three pages forward and he will learn soon enough.

Now, that may be true but a brand of water called Tasmanian Rain is bottled in Middle Tennessee. They capture the rainwater in Tasmania, ship it to Middle Tennessee in the bladders and bottle it (into beautiful glass bottles) and distribute it from there.

The bladders are less expensive to ship, weigh less, take up less space, and result in less breakage.

Or, that is the line from the company.

The bottles are the most beautiful bottles of water I have ever seen. As for the water, I think it tastes like clean water.

cinderella #1689970 09/21/06 07:27 PM
T
T
Cinderella,

Are you saying that the water comes from the bladders of Tasmanian Devils? Not sure how clean it would be.

xxxxx #1689971 09/21/06 08:26 PM
P
OP Offline
P
***EDIT***

Last edited by Justuss; 09/25/06 04:07 PM.
cinderella #1689972 09/21/06 08:35 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Now, that may be true but a brand of water called Tasmanian Rain is bottled in Middle Tennessee. They capture the rainwater in Tasmania, ship it to Middle Tennessee in the bladders and bottle it (into beautiful glass bottles) and distribute it from there.

The bladders are less expensive to ship, weigh less, take up less space, and result in less breakage.

I'm sorry but what a load of tripe!

Who on earth could think that one up? Why ship water to be bottled in what is probably the second highest manufacturing cost center in the world? (The USA - not Middle Tennessee)

Bladders? That one's good too. Not exactly the best way to reduce shipping costs. However, if you look up the definition of bladder, it could be most anything.

That story is a mareketing ploy to make you pay more for water coming from Tennessee. Actually the French are the best when it comes to overpriced water.

This reminds me of that Kalioke water they started making in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. They needed to distill the public water for some manufacturing process and decided to bottle the excess. They closed their original business and went into selling water. The Kalioke name was marketing genius.

BTW, if you are into stock trading, buy water. Oil may be $60 per bbl now but just wait 10 or 20 years. Water is going to be the most valuable commodity on earth.

Last edited by piojitos; 09/21/06 08:43 PM.
piojitos #1689973 09/21/06 08:38 PM
P
OP Offline
P
regreted,

Please stay around. Now you can really get the help you need from MB. Your M is not over. Your worst fears are finally over. Now is the time to really start trying to save your marriage. We all want that for you and will do what we can to help you. Your H needs you now more than ever. You also need to give him some time. You are the only person on this planet who can make things right. Take up the courage and do it.

ToddAC #1689974 09/21/06 10:53 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I never wanted to marry. I was having too much fun. As it happened, I married the wrong woman.

Doesn't your WW tell it slghtly differently?

piojitos #1689975 09/21/06 10:57 PM
L
L
Night, night,

Hello again y'all,

Todd you can lecture me any time. I even understood about the numbers. 1,2,3,5,8,13, but I forgot their name and I really don't know what is the utility of knowing about them.

How did I get the crackpot idea (thanks Kiwi for the crackpot vocabulary) that he was going to propouse... One month ago or so he said he would like to design a engagement ring for me. We are on saving mood so I said we didn't have to spend that much on that (kill me) so he asked me if there were gum machines in Mx. Once here he mentioned that everything would be much easier if we lived in the same country and that he would date me for a long while.

It's interesting that Nam is pondering a similar topic or question. I told BF a while ago that I wouldn't live with anyone unless we were married. I feel that it's a personal boundary. Being there, done that, got the scars. Lol. I don't know how seriously he takes what I said or what is he thinking right now about that. At the begining he was more enthusiastic* about getting married and now I think reality is settling and he sees the practical problems.

Hi 2much...
It seems you are doing some progresses. I hope.

larousse #1689976 09/21/06 11:00 PM
P
OP Offline
P
So larousse,

What is your plan now? I guess the good0byes didn't go exactly as either of you had planned. What is your next step?

I noticed you have started using y'all. Why don't the Mexicans use vosotros (or vos)?

lunamare #1689977 09/21/06 11:12 PM
P
OP Offline
P
are you a chemical engineer?

yes

However, 2much, just so you know, although I am Italian and write in English, I do live in a francophone ZONE - Quebec (home life is in French) - and am sensitive to French bashing...

From the script of the movie Vertical Limit:

Skip says: Don't mind her. She's French-Canadian. Some days she's Canadian. Can be quite pleasant. Today she's obviously French.

Page 166 of 613 1 2 164 165 166 167 168 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 377 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation