Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 234 of 613 1 2 232 233 234 235 236 612 613
nams #1691318 09/30/06 03:44 PM
N
N
I got censored! Didn't realize he.l was so naughty.

Funny thing about admiration. It was important to ex as well but I didn't know that. I felt I showed it but I found out in MCing my way of showing admiration was not what he needed. Maybe the WSs with a high need for admiration need it from others & in different ways because they get used to what we provided. Doesn't say very good things about them does it?

I wonder if people with a very high need for admiration will always be susceptible to As.

Last edited by nams; 09/30/06 03:46 PM.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
nams #1691319 09/30/06 03:56 PM
T
T
I don't know the song you talked about. I know you want to put up the lyrics.

Well, I don't think Pio wants me to post any more lyrics. The vast majority of the Eagles songs were written and sung by either Don Henley (Hotel California, Desperado, Dirty Laundry) and Glenn Frey (Lying Eyes, Peaceful Easy Feeling). This one is by Frey so it is more of the easy grooving kind of song. Very positive and just plain pretty. Below is a link to CMT where you can see the Eagles perform it live. I think it is from a concert in Melbourne. I assume that is Aus. and not Florida.

The Eagles "Greatest Hits" is the best selling album of all time with 29 million sold. Is that amazing or what? And Hotel California also sold a bunch of copies; I seem to recall 15 million. Think they know where their next meal is coming from?

CMT The Eagles

Aw, the heck with Pio. Here are the lyrics:

Sitting by a foggy window
Staring at the pouring rain
Falling down like lonely teardrops
Memories of love in vain
These cloudy days, make you wanna cry
It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why

I can see that you’ve been hurting, maybe I’ve been lonely too
I’ve been out here lost and searching, looking for a girl like you
Now I believe the sun is gonna shine
Don’t you be afraid to love again, put your hand in mine…

Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never let you down
I would never be untrue

I know a place we can go where true love always stay
There’s no more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

I believe in second chances
I believe in angels, too
I believe in new romances
Baby, I believe in you
These cloudy days are coming to an end
And you don’t have to be afraid to fall in love again

Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never turn away
I would never be untrue
I know a place we can go where true love always stays
There’s no more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

nams #1691320 09/30/06 03:58 PM
N
N
Uh oh! When I asked if you knew the song "Get Over It" I didn't mean to imply anything about your situation Todd. It's a song I like about people & their lack of personal responsibility. I thought maybe as a libertarian you might appreciate it too.

I also added red wine to my crock pot concoction. Smells very good.

Last edited by nams; 09/30/06 04:00 PM.

nams #1691321 09/30/06 04:14 PM
N
N
A beautiful song Todd. It's an optimistic look to the future with a melancholy nod to the past in it's feel.

nams #1691322 09/30/06 04:17 PM
T
T
I wonder if people with a very high need for admiration will always be susceptible to As.

My guess is yes. There is never a shortage of potential OP's waiting in the wings. And you know, a new and different person has an advantage over a spouse that someone is used to. Although I told my WW every day how beautiful she was and how much I loved her, to this day she doesn't not remember it. She clearly remembers OM overtures. I guess it is part of the rush of an affair.

nams #1691323 09/30/06 04:21 PM
T
T

Uh oh! When I asked if you knew the song "Get Over It" I didn't mean to imply anything about your situation Todd. It's a song I like about people & their lack of personal responsibility. I thought maybe as a libertarian you might appreciate it too.

I thought I knew all the Eagles songs but I missed this one. I looked up the lyrics and yes, like them very much. The libertarian in me is smiling.

A beautiful song Todd. It's an optimistic look to the future with a melancholy nod to the past in it's feel.

Perfect description.

ToddAC #1691324 09/30/06 04:46 PM
N
N
I think WSs also have a distorted picture of the marriage & actions of their spouse. I guess they need to in order to be a WW spouse.

I remember moments in MCing & in discussion with ex when we just couldn't have been further apart in our recollection of events.

ex didn't recall my suggesting MCing many years ago or my attempts to create emotional intimacy with him. He simply doesn't remember them therefore they don't exist.

I just spent some time watching the eagles & I REALLY like them as older men. They songs seems to have more impact coming from experience, maybe it's me inserting my experiences.

nams #1691325 09/30/06 04:47 PM
N
N
Is tonight mexican night for you Todd or was that last night?

What do you eat if you don't cook?

nams #1691326 09/30/06 05:05 PM
T
T
I think WSs also have a distorted picture of the marriage & actions of their spouse. I guess they need to in order to be a WW spouse.

I quite agree. I think it is a way of justifying the affair, i.e., "rewriting the marital history". I will never forget the first time WW gave me the historical revisionist version of our marriage. It went from she had not loved me for over twenty years to she has never loved me and married me because she felt "obligated". That one was priceless. You should have seen how much she tried to snare me. And she also came to the conclusion that I was insanely jealous. In fact, she was the insane and the jealous one. I could hardly do anything without her breathing down my neck. I was never jealous of her until I realized that she was having an affair, and I am not quite certain that would be called jealously.

I remember moments in MCing & in discussion with ex when we just couldn't have been further apart in our recollection of events.

Have you read the book, "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck? Wonderful book. In some regards, it is a rehash of Erich Fromm's "The Art of Loving". Anyway, he discusses that love is action, not a feeling. I think that is the primary distinction between a WS and a BS. WS sees love as a feeling, which, (danger Will Robinson) can be transferred from person to person and the BS sees love as a commitment.

Peck uses an example of the guy who stops by the same watering hole on the way home from work each day. He tells all the patrons how much he loves his wife and kids. They are all convinced. I know someone like that in real life and everyone thinks he is just the greatest and most devoted Father. Nonsense! If he truly loved his family, he would be at home helping with the dishes, homework, kid's baths and reading bedtime stories.

"ex didn't recall my suggesting MCing many years ago or my attempts to create emotional intimacy with him. He simply doesn't remember them therefore they don't exist."

WS all do what they must to survive their own deeds.

I just spent some time watching the eagles & I REALLY like them as older men. They songs seems to have more impact coming from experience, maybe it's me inserting my experiences.

I agree. If you view all the Eagles' videos at CMT, you will see performances from their long-haired seventies and eighties and also more recent. Incidentally, as a guitarist, you always have a favorite guitarist or two that you worship. One for me is Don Felder who was the lead guitarist for many years with the Eagles. In the video clip "Hotel California", he is the one with the double neck Gibson guitar. What really p!sses me off is not how good those guys play, but the ease with which they do it. But my favorite guitarist of all time is Duane Allman. He was killed at age 24 in a motorcylce accident. I can only imagine what tracks and licks he would have put down if he had lived.

nams #1691327 09/30/06 05:11 PM
T
T
Is tonight mexican night for you Todd or was that last night?

What do you eat if you don't cook?

That was the other night, Wednesday, I think. Well, if I go by what I have in inventory, I have the second half of my Mexican dinner. I can never eat the entire dinner. I fill up on chips and salsa before the food gets there, lol. Like a little kid, I suppose. Let's see, Nathan's hot dogs, left-over pizza or soup. For some reason, I feel like delivery tonight. That could be pizza, Italian, Chinese or a hamburger. I just learned that Jason's Deli delivers and I could get a healthy meal from there. Oh, what the heck, healthy meal it is. I can keep eating all the unhealthy stuff. Grown men left to their own devices are not very good. Anyway, let's see, a fruit bowl, turkey sandwich and carrot juice. Does that sound healthy?

ToddAC #1691328 09/30/06 05:18 PM
N
N
I admire anyone who can create music. I'm not able to but my kids are musical. Math & music are linked & I definately don't have math ability, my boys do. ex comes from a line of engineers so that's where it comes from for them.

I love the immediacy of music. That's what I see of it anyway. I'm sure it's not immediate for those who write & play but as a listener that's my experience. You get the pay off right away when you play or sing VS waiting to see a painting or piece of pottery finished.

Shall I serve angel hair pasta for or rice with the rock pot dish, hmmm

nams #1691329 09/30/06 05:31 PM
N
N
Yes, that sounds healthy. You must live in fairly big town or city to be able to have all that delivered. All I can get is Domino's, no thank you. I don't live in the sticks but it's a pretty small town. We have a Target & all the box stores a few towns over. We'll be getting a big developement soon with a few box stores. Better for the tax base anyway.

When ever I eat mexican I can't help but fill upon chips & salsa. I've neverhad carrot juice, do they add anything to it? Sounds a little...orange for my taste.

Are you still living in a temporary place or have you moved into something else?

nams #1691330 09/30/06 05:33 PM
N
N
Dilemma solved. I bought focacia bread & the boys want that. Fine easier for me.

It's not just grown men who when left to themselves don't eat well. If my middle son can't get it from a box that says cereal on it he would starve. My oldest son lives on food that's white, though he's getting better these days. My youngest waits for me to make him food but he's starting to wise up & learn to make sandwiches.

Last edited by nams; 09/30/06 05:37 PM.
nams #1691331 09/30/06 05:39 PM
N
N
Time for dinner. I might stop back in but if not enjoy the night & sleep well Todd.

nams #1691332 09/30/06 05:46 PM
T
T
Yes, that sounds healthy. You must live in fairly big town or city to be able to have all that delivered.

I live in Atlanta. It's big enough. Everyone seems to have a car that they put on the road at least half their life, lol. Most local places sell juice produced by Arden's Garden. It's a local company with some very nice juices. Apparently a great company to work for, Arden is own and run by a woman. I used to have a juicer and made my own juices. Carrot with ginger and apple is great BTW.

I am still living in the temporary spot. Under our laws, once you file (which I haven't but acting consistently with the fact that I have) all assets are frozen so I am holding off buying a place for myself. I have a new condo development in mind, only two miles from where I currently am. I really love the town I am in. The condo is in the next town over but one of the best in metro Atlanta.

Carrot juice is delicious.

nams #1691333 09/30/06 06:22 PM
T
T
Same to you. My dinner was just delivered. I just saw on the television that a batch of carrot juice is responsible for boutulism. Wish me luck! Good night.

ToddAC #1691334 09/30/06 06:42 PM
I think the mixture is 75% bleach 23% water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder what the missing ingredient is

Clearly what is missing is the pressure washer with which to expell the magical mixture! Let me know how it turns out!

2muchhrtbrk #1691335 09/30/06 06:47 PM
T
T
I think the mixture is 75% bleach 23% water

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder what the missing ingredient is

Clearly what is missing is the pressure washer with which to expell the magical mixture! Let me know how it turns out!

I figured it was the dissolved paint. I sure hope that larousse doesn't do this BTW.

2muchhrtbrk #1691336 09/30/06 06:50 PM
Todd,

PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE,
give me WW phone # so I can bust through the fog if only for a hot second to inform her of her decision to be foggy benefits the rest of the female population...a thought that I'm sure has never occurred to her through the thick fog that emenates from her pores. I would gladly thank her for giving some other lucky woman the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm sure you could have a line of women fighting to meet all of your needs. I know it's not what you want but once you get past this it is true that you would have no problem finding a tender loving woman whose #1 EN is SF and would enjoy your diversity, intelligence and love of culture. Need I go on???

2muchhrtbrk #1691337 09/30/06 06:54 PM
T
T
Todd,

PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE,
give me WW phone # so I can bust through the fog if only for a hot second to inform her of her decision to be foggy benefits the rest of the female population...a thought that I'm sure has never occurred to her through the thick fog that emenates from her pores. I would gladly thank her for giving some other lucky woman the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm sure you could have a line of women fighting to meet all of your needs. I know it's not what you want but once you get past this it is true that you would have no problem finding a tender loving woman whose #1 EN is SF and would enjoy your diversity, intelligence and love of culture. Need I go on???

LMAO. Yes, please go on. My ego could use it. Well, if you are going to scare WW, I am afraid you will have to convince her that she is going to loose OM. Hit her where it hurts.

Wait, are you saying that there are womens who number one EN is SF? Aw come on, say it isn't true....

Page 234 of 613 1 2 232 233 234 235 236 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 502 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation