Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 279 of 613 1 2 277 278 279 280 281 612 613
larousse #1692218 10/05/06 07:43 AM
F
F
And so the bashing begins. I am not Owl have had no other EA, PA and you have my pardon.

I know Pio and Todd are hurting and my heart bleeds for them. I know what to hurt is like, Hurt is hurt, I understand their hurt and that of others and I am not justifying my EA, merely explaining it. I don't want anyone to hurt like I have for ANY REASON. If it's a problem for them they can tell me to hush up and go away. Or has been suggested in the past they can block my posts. I guess the reason I came here is that I have enormous sympathy for the Betrayed Spouses and I almost relate to their pain better than I do my own. As I felt somewhat betrayed also. I was in a very odd situation and felt the feelings of a MOW, Betrayed Wife, someone whose emotional needs were not being met, not because my H was faulty, but because they were so difficult to understand. I can look at these situations and see them from almost all sides.

If you knew my specific situation, larousse, I think you would understand why I chose not to heap more distress on my H. I am sorry if my story offends you.

I totally agree that the proper way to handle an A and recovery from it is to go totally NC and also to expose to the spouse. However I cannot do this and I am making the best effort I can in light of my specific situation. Believe me, it doesn't make my recovery any easier to have to not adhere to these principles.

“Life is a long lesson in humility.” James Matthew Barrie Long time lurker.
larousse #1692219 10/05/06 07:44 AM
L
L
Hola Nam,

You may try to put 'rags' with the dog oddor on its favorite spots. Also it could be that he's getting kicked or disturbed by someone, I hope not your sons, while you are not there.

Alo Todd,

The red letters were on this site or it happens when you see other sites?
Todd I'm really worried about you, you caused the false alarms just to be restrained in handcuffs and spend the night like that, now you try to initiate Pio on the clamps colection, tsk, tsk.

Hola, hi, tko'ers, kisses and pats acordinly.

larousse #1692220 10/05/06 07:47 AM
L
L
I know Owl is a he, or was a he. He posted in a famous or infamous thread mainly of XOW. The poster I reffer to posted there a lot.

larousse #1692221 10/05/06 07:50 AM
F
F
larousse, I don't know anything about that thread and I can assure you that I am not anything but what I say I am. And the last thing I wish to do is make anyone here feel any worse than they already do. I have been to ****** and back with my simple situation which pales in comparison to most of those here so I can only imagine how awful it is for them to contend with their day to day lives.

Frankly, I so admire Pio and Todd. They are remarkable men. I have nothing but the highest respect for them.

larousse #1692222 10/05/06 07:54 AM
L
L
FC, you don't offend me at all.
It's a free world, internet, I have not blocked anyone, ever. I don't think I bash you or that was not my intention, my bashing topic is usually Spain and Mexicans, me included.

I know Pio and Todd are almost mature grown up men and can take care of themselves but I have the impression Pio was a little disturbed in a retarded effect way, (retarded effect, eh?) by TRC post.

We'll see.

larousse #1692223 10/05/06 07:56 AM
F
F
Sorry, I don't know what TRC post is??

Why do you bash Spain and Mexicans?? Are you joking or do you have a real beef?

fraidycat #1692224 10/05/06 08:01 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Well speaking for myself, I have nothing against WW's. Heck - I'm married to one!

Actually I like hearing things from the "other side". It helps me see the humanity in gemela rather than the evil which I sometimes suspect.

I have no problem with FC sharing her story. Keep in mind that she was asked - she didn't offer it.

Anyway thanks larousse for standing up for us. I have never read Owl's threads but I understand they are highly recommended reading.

Besides, I know something you don't. Anyone who has to spend that much time in FSA already has a lot of issues. Just the nature of the place.

I was asking myself if I was being somewhat hypocrtical considering the recent TDC incident. I guess the difference is that FC seems to be sincerely trying to R against very terrible odds. In the TRC case, she/they refused to stop the A but still wanted the M.

I dunno.

fraidycat #1692225 10/05/06 08:03 AM
L
L
I bash Mexicans because I know them, ask me about me !

Spain is a visceral reaction to which I have no explanation.

TRC are the initials of a poster whose id names were Tear, Regreted, Curly17 and now are Wave, Skater and other which I don't know if was ereased or not.

piojitos #1692226 10/05/06 08:04 AM
F
F
Now, listen here Pio. There are a lot worse places on Earth than FSA. Trust me on this one, I personally have lived in a couple of them. Thanks to Uncle Sam.

larousse #1692227 10/05/06 08:06 AM
L
L
Ok, Pio, I understand and I hope I was lady like otherwise Nam will make fun of me or worst will try to sit oon top of me.

Peace

fraidycat #1692228 10/05/06 08:07 AM
F
F
And Pio, thanks for your acceptance. That is part of the reason that I am here and that's to elucidate the often convoluted strange world that the WW live in. We aren't all evil. Some of us are merely naive and stupid.

fraidycat #1692229 10/05/06 08:22 AM
P
OP Offline
P
thanks for your acceptance.

I'm not sure what that means. I have to accept that people make mistakes. You seem to have admitted yours and are working to do better. My problem with my WW is not that she had an A (well, okay it is a bit if a bummer) but rather that she had an A and refuses to accept that it was a mistake. She will only say that it was an error. Kind of like missing the answer by 1 on a math final. Intention was good but there was a slight error. Besides, when she says it was an error, she never says whether the error was the A or getting caught.

If gemela had come to me and said it was wrong and she was sorry and really wanted our M, we would probably be okay now. She still refuses to give up the A AFAIK so I am not too inclined to be very accepting about it. But that's just me. Call me crazy.

Anyway, I have to get back to the golf cart. I have the front bumper off and need to make some 6" bolts (more or less). I don't really have the entire plan yet. It's coming.

piojitos #1692230 10/05/06 08:30 AM
F
F
I just meant thanks for not thinking that I was someone else or like someone else without really knowing me. It's very easy to stereotype people but nice to see that you are open minded about this.

I do not relate at all to your wife nor to Todd's. They both seem to have entered a world that I have no idea about.

What does AFAIK mean? have seen it a bunch but can't figure it out.

And for the record, those 2 girls of yours are about as cute as any I have ever seen. And you are a very good Daddy. Far and away better than most.

piojitos #1692231 10/05/06 08:31 AM
P
OP Offline
P
It's a good thing I have more than one tape measure!!!

fraidycat #1692232 10/05/06 08:33 AM
F
F
Never mind, As far as I know?? Right? Every now and then I am hit by a flash of brilliance.

piojitos #1692233 10/05/06 08:36 AM
L
L
Pio she gave up the affair, the reality of pursuing it, everything else woul fall in place.

Have you seen that in Spanish we only have equìvocacion and error. Error is stronger admission than equivocacion.

You may have been better design E. than chemistry E.

larousse #1692234 10/05/06 08:38 AM
F
F
Are you talking about me larousse? I don't know if what you are saying is in reference to me.

larousse #1692235 10/05/06 08:39 AM
L
L
and I hope you really exfoliate your feet and use the Conair kit. Nahnahnahnah

larousse #1692236 10/05/06 08:41 AM
L
L
Don't worry FC I'm an electronically operated second conscious that activates everytime Pio rewrites history and story.

C'est tout- Ou est Lune?

fraidycat #1692237 10/05/06 08:41 AM
S
S
No Big K, I am not in NC. It's a small town and we share a common interest and I have to see him and his new lady at least once a week and we are trying to reestablish an appropriate friendship.
Fraidycat, I’m a FWW who was involved in an EA and became emotionally attached to a close opposite sex friend myself. Like you, I also didn’t know what an EA was and that something like that existed, but luckily I discovered this website.

Anyway, I want to tell you that once boundaries have been crossed from friendship into more, there is no turning back and once that has happen you can never be friends with the OM ever again for 2 reasons:

1) It doesn’t work (I’ve been there and tried that).
2) Staying friends with the OM is grossly disrespectful to the BS. You lost the privilege to be friends with OM the moment actions and/or feelings have crossed boundaries into more than just friendship…even though the inappropriate feelings for the OP might have happened unwittingly and unintentionally.

Page 279 of 613 1 2 277 278 279 280 281 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation