WBF,
Thank you for replying. I believe you are brave and with each post, you are proving to yourself you really do want to be free from the addiction, as well as fears and secrets.
I believe in you.
Did you feel I was attacking you in anyway in my post? When I said about serial cheater...that hit something, I think...and I was talking about fantasy cheating, as well...where we live in safe fantasies in our heads instead of relationships...reduce SF to a physical need, emotionally free (and it is an Emotional Need); where we find our admiration, appreciation, acceptance...fill our ENs within context, not freely, from ourselves.
Trusting ourselves...to come through, to be whole, through betrayal, even through feeling erased...that's where we build trust and then we will choose to trust others...in time.
You are doing well commiting to honest replies to her questions...and yes, she's an adult and can take her hurt; what she can't take are any more lies to save her from hurt...they hurt more.
You remember that. You remember your first marriage; you've experienced this, is what I hear you saying...don't back away from being honest because you fear hurting more...the acts already do...informing is kindness; honesty is charitable...an act of love...I know you can do that.
The formula for a wayward state of mind:
Entitlement, fueled by resentment and lack of respect.
Can we talk about resentment?
Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
We create our own resentment...and it serves us...find out how it pays you...it is a false benefit and finding it helps you to live freely, in your own power...your choice to create, maintain or let it go...all yours.
Respect is knowing you are both separate and equal human beings...each whole, complete and marvelously made...capable humans...respect is very important. It is answering those questions without thinking "this will hurt her more, soften it up" because she can take the truth she's asking for...and respect yourself that you can give it, plainly, factually.
Respect is owning you have your feelings, thoughts and beliefs...you aren't the cause, control or cure of any other human being on the planet. You have influence, but others can limit your influence on them...and you demonstrated you limited hers on you by your choices.
Respect is knowing what isn't yours...anyone else's thoughts, feelings or beliefs...if they share, you can know; you are not responsible for curing another person's feelings; you are responsible for understanding your own. You can live respectfully by listening, repeating, acknowledging...knowing and being known (intimacy). You can live respectfully by knowing what you cannot control...
That's the basic formula to live a wayward-free life...and it goes to addictions (distractions), also.
Did you check out
www.recoverynation.com?
You are doing this...by posting...you can change your entire life...I believe you want to...I don't know if Un wants to...I believe she loves you more than sugar...and that's saying a lot. Leave her choice of beliefs, perspectives, perception, and thoughts to her...be respectful and allow her to disclose her truths...this isn't about who's worse, more deviant or more saintly...
You're equal humans...and I believe, you're both ready to thrive.
What would you think of living without blame in your relationship? The only permissions are the ones you give yourself?
Anything appealing in what I've said?
LA