Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1773243 11/26/06 09:05 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Background:
In 2001 I hurt my back and had to go back to school for Engineering degree which I was awarded in 2004. At the same time, my wife was pregnant with our third child, our only daughter.

Jump forward to the summer of 2003. I vacationed for 2 months at my parents beach house while my wife was at work at home. I had so much faith in our relationship that I had no issue with this. I came home and found some Astrology love match paper with OM birthdate on it (strange ocurrence I thought). Within 2 months, I had the OM wife calling to talk to my wife. They were fellow co-workers who shared books, CDs, and other interests. Her claim was they were only friends. I did not investigate any further.

This crushed me and rather than addressing it, I worked my way into withdrawal. I lost 100 lbs. , which I have now gained back, and have been on anti-depressants since.

Jump forward to now. Earlier this year I suspected an A as she was eager to rid herself of her wedding band at any fight. I found another love horoscope profile with WS and OM on the spy software I bought. I found a profession of her love on Bebo which was when she confessed. She admitted to an EA with no PA. This man is co-worker which she says moved to a different line. She still seems depressed over this OM but I don't belive I will ever know the whole truth. How can I know that any EA is over so that I can start to re-build this relationship.

Any help is appreciated

grindnfool
M-13 years
D-Day 10/26/06
Divorced 11.2007
DS-16, DD-9
B
B
You need to inform the OM's wife immediately. You need to expose this affair to human resources since they are co-workers and expose it to people of significance. They must be no contact period. I doubt that you are getting the full story. No consequences to her actions equals no motivation to change.

B
B
"I vacationed for 2 months at my parents beach house while my wife was at work at home."

What did your wife think about this?

G
OP Offline
G
"I vacationed for 2 months at my parents beach house while my wife was at work at home."

What did your wife think about this?

She was encouraging me to do it as it was my last year in college. She felt as if I deserved a break at the time. I also kept the three kids with me while there.

grindnfool
M-13 years
D-Day 10/26/06
Divorced 11.2007
DS-16, DD-9
G
OP Offline
G
Bryanp.

Thank you for the advice. I plan to contact the OM wife and have already told her mother.

grindnfool
M-13 years
D-Day 10/26/06
Divorced 11.2007
DS-16, DD-9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation