Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1821914 02/07/07 09:15 AM
M
mishes Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Good Morning To All!

DDay was in November and since I found this site and implemented plan A things have been going very well. There have been some rough spots but over all it appears as though we are healing.

Yesterdy however I hit another low. I have not cried in about two weeks but I felt this overwhelming sense of grief. There are times I think I cannot continue with this marraige after the affair but I truly love my husband. I am on an antidepressant and this helps but sometimes I am still so sad. It seems as though our lives are changing so much..in fact they have to after whats happened. Some things are for the better yet I still feel so alone and at times very unconnected to him. He has a very demanding job, and I know he has to work at home at night, it just seems as though there is never any ME time, and for that matter family time. We have an adult son who does not live at home and then we have a seventeen year old..great kid gives us no trouble but it seems he spends more and more time away from the family. He has always been so family oriented..he does have a somewhat serious girlfriend and this may be part of it but I am not sure he doesent stay away because of the hurt he feels. He knows the situation between his father and me. We do not fight in fact we never really have so the house really is not chaotic. My husband working so much at home never would have bothered me before but some how I feel as though is priorities are not where they should be. I have stopped asking about the ow and am sure he is not seeing/communicating with her, we have resumed our sex life and it is better than ever yet like I said at times I still feel so empty/drained and depressed. I work two nights a week as RN..thought about a hobby to keep myself busy but MY PRIORITY is rebuilding us...any suggestions?

DDI - November 26, 2006
DDII - May 28, 2007
Married 20 years
3 childre - m/24, m/17, f/12
mishes #1821915 02/14/07 05:10 AM
S
S
Mishes,

Did you put your money aside? If so then talk to a few PIs. It is the only way to know if WH is telling you the truth. Not knowing will creep up and devastate you without warning. So in Plan A you show him what a great wife he has AND ALSO find out what he is still doing or has done and expose it. To whom have you exposed?

Also you need to begin establish the principle of time together - how is that coming?

Linda

Me BSx2 63

1st M 13yrs WS Multiple As.

DD45 DD43 DS41 first marriage.

Him WS 56 P/A. PA + Multiple EAs from day one.

Current M. 26years

D Days 10/02, 11/02, 01/03, right up to 03/06

NC since 03/2006

Me Stage IV Breast Cancer since 36months,

Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1).Titus wife, Linda
silverpool #1821916 02/14/07 12:29 PM
M
mishes Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We are spending a lot more time together and for the most part enjoy it...we have had a lot of fun. Today is Valentines day and I have gotten some goodies together and I am sure we will have a good night. It's really not good quality time...I need to talk, I need reassurance and I suppose he gives it to me but you know inside I cannot believe the way he says h feels about me...I feel so hollow. the AD help and I can go through the motions..I am not fakeing it I am just having a hard time with all of this. I used to be able to tell him anything and now I feel like I cant...I dont trust him with my feelings..I cannot tell you how much this hurts me. I know it takes time but I feel like I am just barely getting through some of the days. It is so weird ...some days I am just fine and all seems well and then other days I wake up and feel like I do today. I lost my mother last July and found out about the affair in November...I suppose I am missing her and this does not help. I am praying but have never been too spiritual although I am working on this too. I just am getting by...although everyone thinks we are better.

DDI - November 26, 2006
DDII - May 28, 2007
Married 20 years
3 childre - m/24, m/17, f/12

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation