Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1827099 02/16/07 06:08 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My husband and I have been married for 7 years. I have not been happy for probably 6 of those 7 but because of my beliefs decided that i would stick it out. I do believe that God is the God of miricals and that at any second one could happen. About a year ago I had a ONS with a stranger. I did this because i wanted to give my husband a reason to leave. He chose to stay. Prior to that happening we tried counseling and I have been in counseling for years on my own. After the ONS we went back to counseling and read through His needs her needs. It is an amazing book and we both got a lot of information from it. Here I am a year later and still my heart is not in it. I love my husbnad, but just not in the way a wife should. I have been praying that God will change my heart but it just doesnt seem to change. I kills me because I know I am hurting my husband in the process. This morning he told me that I really dont love him, because if I did I would want to have kids with him. I dont want kids right now and dont know if I ever will..... He knew that coming in..... I am just getting to my end and dont know what to do! Please help me!

Formerly Lost in the World.... but really by Gods grace.... He has found me once again!!!!
W
W
lostintheworld

You sound alot like my X. Sorry, Just kidding.

My first impression is

"we went back to counseling and read through His needs her needs. It is an amazing book and we both got a lot of information from it"

Are BOTH of you using this information. I guess not because if you both are meeting eachothers EN's then you would both be crazy in love with eachother.

Don't just read the book. Use the book!

Don't pick the scabs or you will never heal
Marilyn Manson
F
F
Lostintheworld,

What is the root of your unhappiness?

Do you love yourself? It sounds like you have lost the joy of life. Maybe discovering what is good about life will help you to discover what is good about being married to the man you chose for a life partner.

What attracted you originally? Why did you want to marry him?

There is hope. My prayer is that you will find the healing you seek.

Fresh Start

You will only become what you are becoming right now
Though you cannot go back
and make a brand new start,
my friend.
Anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
(John Maxwell)
J
J
I think your H missed the point of HNHN...

_
_
Lost,
I've been in your shoes for nearly 33 years until recently. God worked our miracle. See "My MR. ROMANCE makes our renewed marriage seem too good to be true" in the Romantic Experiences forum of the 'Ideas Section' below the 'Infidelity Section' and email me if you want.

I, too did not want kids so I share your pain there, too.

Ace

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation