Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Post deleted by autumnmu

F
F
it doesnt sound good when you say he playfully points out your stretch marks. i would never tell my fiance anything less than how beautiful she is and how sexy i think she is, even if she had flaws i would never point them out, he sounds like hes looking for perfection but nobodys perfect . usually when things get like your situation it takes the threat of another man having interest in you or threat of losing you to make him come around

Last edited by funkman; 03/22/07 01:06 PM.
A
OP Offline
A
i know his girlfriend before me was a dancer and a yoga instructor. i mountain bike ride, hike and go to the gym when I am...well...NOT pregnant. i am still *honestly* maintaining myself during my pregnancy and the only thing that has grown on me are my belly (obviously) and my chest (which should be a good thing). Do you think he is trying to degrade me to feel better about himself. Do men do that to women or is that kind of defense mechanism only used between peers?

What do you think the rest is about? The other criticism? Food? Not offering to help me with the bed? The art? We did the Marriage Builders Eval. together a couple of months ago and then everything seemed fine. It's been a week of ******, though. His top two suggestions after our evaluation where for me to 1. keep house better/more and to 2. wear things that are distinctly feminine and I have done that and asked for his feedback - he said i was doing fine and that he thought i had improved in both areas.

It's weird because I feel like I cannot fix this alone, but I think I am the only one who is available to make the effort right now. Weirder: I don't mind doing it.

A

F
F
i dont think hes trying to make himself feel better by degrading you. sounds to me like hes the kind of man that needs an attractive wife not one below avaerage, he points these things out to you letting you know he is aware of them and kind of saying make sure this dont get out of hand or this has to be fixed when pregnancy is over. thats how i see it....
i dont know why he other criticism im sure he has a reason begind it , but i dont really know your situation. as far as you not minding doing the things he asks, i think its good, you should want to please your partner but it definetly has to come back to you or you will get tired of putting out and getting nothing back.sounds a bit controling with the picture situation. just dont ever let anyone walk over you, if its important for you to have a say in these things , let him know if he doesnt respond well then give him a hard time about it . if you dont he will start to do this with every issue. my girl can get very tuff when she feels her voice or opinion isnt being listened to and sometimes it takes that for me to realize what im doing and realize i love this woman and if it will make her happy to hang pictures the direction she wants than so be it i just want her happy .....

V
V
Funkman,

How do you fix a stretchmark?

A
OP Offline
A
vada1: i think he means "laser surgery." HAHAHAHAHAHA. HA.i was fine when he met me and my body han't changed except for, oh yeah, i am pregnant. a lot is better now. we needed some time not in each other's faces and we got that.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation