Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 7
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 7
Interesting, how in one's thoughts and desires one can fool oneself. Is there a type of soulmate EA, that is different than "regular" EAs. What if that OM is an ex partner? Someone, who shared your life many years ago? Someone, in who's arms you went to sleep for many years...10 years...12 years. Someone you know like you know yourself? Someone, with whom you share so many memories? Someone you left, but never forgot, never stopped to love?

I have read books and forums, tried to understand my H's A. We have worked through recovery. It was difficult and hard. I share my life now with my H, and I want it that way.

But my thoughts and feelings are playing tricks on me. I don't see the OM. I don't talk to him. We live on different sides of the world. There is a grey zone, where my mind says, it is ok to remember the OM. Remember his kiss, his embrace, his smile. He is a part of my past, so that must be ok, right? NO! I miss him, I love him. But I don't want to miss him. Full blown EA according to Harley. But I don't act on it. Where do you become the WW? When you don't stop the thoughts? Or when you act on them?

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 614
D
DIG Offline
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 614
I say when you act on them. I also say if you tell your H what you are feeling instead of the OM that it will help kill the fantasy and may help you H realize that his M is in trouble and you all can fix it together. It is not easy but you have to decided if it is worth it.

Last edited by DIG; 04/13/07 10:03 PM.

Me (32)
H (33)
3 DD's 9,8,2
1 DS 4
Married 4/19/99


According to Mrs. W I am now Delightful in GA. LOL \:\)
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,297
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,297
1. Your H's A has made you think back to a happy time when you were wanted. Shoot, the past is going to look great from where you are now.
2. You left the other person for probably a very good reason that isn't clear to you right now because you're not thinking straight.
3. Yes, it's an EA because it's occupying time and mind space which should be occupied by your H.
4. No, he's not your "soulmate". A fantasy and rosy memories are always going to look better than reality, especially the reality after your spouse's A.
5. I would guess you're suffering from mild depression.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0