Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1861779 04/19/07 03:33 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Just wanted to know if you can get the ws to take a polygraph test before you sign any D papers??? She lying to protect the om so I want it on record that they did have an affair.

G
G
Are you in a no-fault state? If so, there may be little point in having the affair be part of the court record. Check with your attorney. Also, I know polygraphs aren't admissable in criminal cases. I'm uncertain in civil ones.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
M
M
i don't now how you would force her take one anyway. she surely isn't going to take it voluntarily. all you can do is proceed with the information that you have. adultery is very hard to prove unless you actually have pix of them in bad together (depending on what state you are in). you can usually use like "cruel and unusual treatment" and than list the adultery under that.

but getting her to admit it.. good luck. mine still doesn't admit it and i have all the facts you could have plus the whole town knows.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

I'm not a lawyer...

If other people know about the affair, then during the discovery phase, you might could get them to state under oath that the affair existed. (Be sure your lawyer advises them all of the penalties for perjury -- scare them a little.)

Also, you wife might decide to come clean rather that put her friends thru the process.

Just an idea....

12_51 #1861783 05/06/07 12:18 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Yea gonna try to get her to tell the truth...have to be sneaky.

R
R
Polygraphs are about as useful as reading tea leaves or studying chicken bones, and in my opinion are one of the biggest farces in the criminal justice/legal field. The usefulness in a polygraph is scaring the taker so bad that they want to confess to all before, during, or after the polygraph test. Barring that, the actual results themselves are horrible. Polygraphs don't detect lies. All they do is monitor heart rates, respiration rates, and blood pressure.

M
M
you obviously have very little accurate information regarding the accuracy of these tests.
They are in fact so accurate that the federal gov't uses them to screen its "sensitive" hires. Police dpeartments... and I speak from experience here use them in two ways...hiring and also to rule out involvement in a crime should a suspect volunteer for the test. A polygraph exam measures... and very accurately I might add... a person's physiological response to lies.
You have not done your homework on this very valuable tool.

And why aren't they admissable in court??? Is it because of accuracy??? Nope... it is because in the US a person does not have to self incriminate... using a polygraph would allow for an assumption of guilt should a person fail to take it. But when was the last time you heard about a person that voluntarily took a police administered polygraph and were charged with a crime? The next time I hear about one will be the first time I am hearing about it.... and I was a cop in the city with the highest murder rate in the world... and I worked in the busiest precinct. First hand knowledge.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation