Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Okay, for people who know me from the infidelity boards I know this is nothing compared to the much bigger problem about what I've done but it is something that came up today and maybe can be handled right away if I figure out what to do. So if anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

My husband called me to have our usual talk about what's coming out of the joint checking account. Then we got to talking about his job hunt, and the fact that he thinks it's not going well and he has only three weeks left of work and no interviews in sight. I suggested that maybe he could take something at a lower salary. We had already talked about renting a house out in the boonies so it'd be cheaper and bigger and we could fit extra stuff in the 2-car garage. Rest of the convo went something like this...

H: See this is why we can never communicate.
me: Why?
H: Because what you said is insane.
me: Why is it insane?
H: How can I talk to you when what you're saying is so insane?
me: Maybe it just seems insane to you because you don't understand. So why don't you just ask me what you want to know?
H: No, it's you who doesn't understand.
me: Okay, what don't I understand?
H: I'll probably get a job far from where our stuff is and we wouldn't have enough money to move it.
me: Well we could save up over time or get rid of some more stuff.
H: And that's insane! You are making me mad.
me: I think you're making yourself mad because you choose to interpret my words that way.
H: No, you can't choose to interpret things to make you mad. YOU are making me mad because you don't understand and you're saying it's all my fault.
me: I'm not saying it's anybody's fault. You're trying to turn this around on me.
H: No, you're putting all the blame on me...

Then he says something indecipherable, and then he hangs up.

I am completely bewildered at this point as to why he was so upset. I could chalk it up to a bad day except that we seem to have these conversations every time he has a bad day, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I should do about it. Anybody have any ideas?

A
OP Offline
A
Ah, never mind. We got it sorted out. It wasn't as hard as I thought.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation