Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
I get the feeling the office knows about the affair although I have never told anyone there.

You need to talk to HR about this. Ask them point blank "what are you going to do about my H and his boss having an A?" You do this by going to meet them and you leave the same question in writing. On this letter you have cc: your attorney.

You make them make the move on this work wise.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

Sometimes waywards can be like Laxatives ..... They irritate the crap out of you.
D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I asked my H to inform OW about him moving home. OW has the reputation of being very controlling. I did not think it would go over well and perhaps if she saw it as defeat she would move on and let us be.

R
R
Ani,

What I meant was, my FWH went back and forth MANY, MANY times, more than shown in my sig line, even. He did the same thing--"Baby, I'm home," after living in his own apartment for a few months. But it was a long and gruelling six months ahead of me, while he was at home, that he fluxuated in his moods, and his affections for me. It was the most painful experience I'd ever lived through. He was home, physically, but mentally and emotionally, he was somewhere else. Thank God, he was in IC, a good one who drummed into him that the affair was nothing but a sick fantasy. That six months was a living he77 for both me and my three kids.

He moved out, again, for three days. It was in that time that he finally realized what he was doing, and how stupid it was. I'm not trying to alarm you, but he may do this again. When they are fogged out, they don't think straight. They will do anything. And it will make you crazy if you let it.

Stay strong, but remember Plan A has a time cap on it. You don't do this forever. Remembering that will help you get through it. If he doesn't turn around, Plan B him. Almost guaranteed, that will bring him home.

M
M
I have exposed the affair to a few close friends and family members. Ow is married and H knows about the affair. He continues to live in another state and comes home on the weekends. Supposedly they are working on their marriage. According to H OW is in love with him. OW director in his company. I get the feeling the office knows about the affair although I have never told anyone there. OW H works at same company and they are probably both probably more worried about their careers than they are their marriage. I've spoken to him a few times he just says he'd be surprised if anything was still going on. I don't think he really cares whats going on.

Ani...

Expose this affair to HR immediately and ask them what they plan to do about it...I would include the part about your husband feeling trapped because OW is his superior...Companies do not like the idea of being subjected to sexual harrassment lawsuits...You do not warn your husband about exposure, you simply do it...Also, expose to ALL family members and friends...Do the exposure all at once so that it has maximum impact...Will you do this Ani?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I went to my H office about two weeks ago and asked the secretary to page the OW to his office. The secretary knew me and I'm sure they wondered why I wanted to speak to her. She would not come- stated her bosses were with her and she was in a meeting. I am afraid of actually exposing the affair to his office. I am afraid he will get fired.

M
M
I went to my H office about two weeks ago and asked the secretary to page the OW to his office. The secretary knew me and I'm sure they wondered why I wanted to speak to her. She would not come- stated her bosses were with her and she was in a meeting. I am afraid of actually exposing the affair to his office. I am afraid he will get fired.

And if you don't you will be divorced...Which is the better option? If he gets fired it will be because of his actions, not yours...

Mrs. W

P.S. Courage is in the doing...

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Ani...

He knew the risks when he decided to have an affair with a married co worker and it didn't stop him...He certainly wasn't worried about how it might affect his own career, why are you worried about it?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Good Point. I was hoping not to have to expose to the office. Is there anyway of doing it without him knowing it was me?

M
M
"I am afraid of actually exposing the affair to his office. I am afraid he will get fired."

THAT WOULD BE GREAT. NC at work from now on. If you have your complaint in writing then you may have a lawsuit.

You count in this world and you need to stand up and be counted. Stand up for what you want and who you are.

BUST the A up now.

The sooner you do the sooner your life will get better.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

Sometimes waywards can be like Laxatives ..... They irritate the crap out of you.
M
M
Good Point. I was hoping not to have to expose to the office. Is there anyway of doing it without him knowing it was me?

I would want him to know it was me. What better way to show someone that you are fighting for your M? You will do what ever you have to, what ever it takes to save your H from himself.

That doesn't mean to tell him before you do it. You do it and let the chips fall where they may.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

M
M

Ani...

You want him to know it was you...You are fighting the good fight here...All in an effort to save your marriage...Exposure is HEROIC and BRAVE...It takes GUTS and you should be proud of your efforts, they are NOBLE...

Of course he will be major PO'ed, but that is OKAY-He will get over it-happens all the time around here...Your marriage can survive his anger, but it cannot and will not survive an ongoing affair!

Mrs. W

P.S. Btw, as long as there is contact, the affair is still on!

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My H hasn't had any luck on the job search now, I can only imagine what chances of employment he would have if he gets fired. We would lose our home.

D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I know if there is contact the affair is still going on. How long do I wait to see if he get out of the fog?

J
J
He won't come out of the fog until contact is cut off. It may burn out on its own in 6 months - 2 years from the reading I've done here... do you really want to wait on a "maybe"? Or do you want to take control of your situation?

Expose it, IMO.

JinGA

F/40, DD15 DS13 M 1989 DDay his EA May 1998. S Aug 2004. D Dec 05. I filed. 4/07 Post-D Plan A with 180, with hopes of R. 6/23/07 XH said no to R. 8/24/07 Went on a date with someone new, "B". 1/22/08 Still seeing B, life is good! Learning and growing each day. Ask me about Geocaching!
M
M
My H hasn't had any luck on the job search now, I can only imagine what chances of employment he would have if he gets fired. We would lose our home.

And if you don't and you get divorced, what will happen to your home? It gets sold and you will have to split up the proceeds anyway, right? Likely his job search thus far hasn't been as serious as it would be if he wasn't currently employed...Ani, let the consequences of his choices fall squarely on his shoulders where they belong...What are your other options at this point? To remain in a marriage where there is three? That is certainly your choice, it would not be what I would choose though...

Don't be his enabler, expose this affair!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
I know if there is contact the affair is still going on. How long do I wait to see if he get out of the fog?

He is ADDICTED right now Ani...It is the same as if he were lying on the floor of a crack den...What would you do then? This calls for an intervention, aka EXPOSURE...Waiting this out may very likely result in a nervous breakdown for you...

And Ani, I'm not sure if you've paid attention to my signature line or not, but I am telling you all this from the POV of a Former Wayward Spouse...I'm not speaking from inexperience...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I thought the fog was burning out when he decided to return home. The only way I can see him truely comitting to our marriage is if he really thinks he's going to lose me or he gets another job and we are able to rebuild. Back a few months ago a man was interested in me and he flipped! This is the man who left me and had an affair. Go figure!! To be honest with you all my H was more attentive to me after that than he'd been the whole year we were separated.

M
M
I thought the fog was burning out when he decided to return home. The only way I can see him truely comitting to our marriage is if he really thinks he's going to lose me or he gets another job and we are able to rebuild. Back a few months ago a man was interested in me and he flipped! This is the man who left me and had an affair. Go figure!! To be honest with you all my H was more attentive to me after that than he'd been the whole year we were separated.

Okay, I didn't want to rain on your parade, but I have to tell you that I seriously question why he chose to move back in...Part of it probably is conflict over his feelings for you, but it is HIGHLY likely that moving back in with you suited him in some other self serving way...My guesses are that the house he was renting sold or the rent went up significantly...Something happened there you can bet...Waywards are the most selfish breed of creature Ani, so don't be surprised to find out something along those lines...

Exposure is the MOST powerful weapon that a BS has in their arsenal to bust up an affair...It is what you need to do...The big question is will you do it? Don't help them keep their dirty little secret Ani...Affairs thrive in secrecy and die in the light of day...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

D
Dupree Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I didn't notice. Thanks for pointing that out. So why hasn't he asked for a divorce yet? If he isn't happy with me why does he continue to keep me in the loop? Why doesn't he just say I have no more feelings for you and move on? Help me understand what he is going through. What if his feelings for her are real and true. Can I be fighting for a man who no longer loves me?

G
G
I went to my H office about two weeks ago and asked the secretary to page the OW to his office. The secretary knew me and I'm sure they wondered why I wanted to speak to her. She would not come- stated her bosses were with her and she was in a meeting.

So, the controlling OW has bosses? That's good to know.

OTOH, why were you trying to see the OW?

I am afraid of actually exposing the affair to his office. I am afraid he will get fired.

The company may not respond at all, they may fire your husband, on the other hand they may hold her to a higher standard since your husband is her subordinate and fire *her*.

Do you know the name of the company owners/directors/bosses? If not, can you find out who they are?

I know it's scary. But if you peak out from under your fear a bit, you might see that the OW has possible vulnerabilities as well. And her job might just be her soft spot.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation