Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Post deleted by mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

S
S
Hi MLHB,

Hope you're feeling better. If not, you will be.

This all reminds me of when I was newly "out there" and I was telling a friend who had been divorced for years about this guy I knew. She said "if he's that good you might want to save it because those first ones never last".

M
OP Offline
M
Post deleted by mlhb

L
L
mlhb, First, congratulations on your music ministry! That sounds both exciting and fulfilling.

I just wanted you to know I've been reading along and identifying with a lot of what you're feeling and I had a couple of thoughts I wanted to offer. The first guy I dated, a couple of years after XH left, was codependent, too. My therapist at the time said, "The bad thing about your relationship is that you're both codependent and the good thing about your relationship is that you're both codependent." Someone in my Al-Anon group once pointed out that our shortcomings are often just our assets taken to an extreme, and codependency is a good example of that.

The other thing, which you already kind of said yourself, is that I, too, am fine and happy when I'm single, but the issues I deal with in relationships, the insecurities and fears, only come up when I'm in a relationship. The biggest one is trust of myself and others. My XH lied all the time ~ as they say in AA, you can tell an alcoholic is lying when his lips are moving! He lied and I believed him, over and over, because of my fear of knowing the truth. Since then, I've been told things that I think were probably meant sincerely at the time but that turned out not to be true and I find I'm even more untrusting than ever ~ I don't trust others, even when I think they're sincere, because I don't think they're any better than I am at discerning the truth. Maybe what I really want is a crystal ball! I'd almost rather be the overly trusting wife I was than the older and wiser, though sadly jaded divorcee I've become.

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
M
OP Offline
M
i want to thank everyone for letting me unload since my therapy session. however, i am talked and posted out. in fact i think i am going to take an MB break for awhile.

i am going to continue therapy but have asked that this thread be deleted.

i just want it to be me and my therapist.
but thank you.

mlhb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation