Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 142 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 141 142
Q
Q
Maybe we need to get Mark over here to give us both a lift eh?
If you can, PLEASE DO

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well.. the exchange was not uneventful tonight.

Well.. it was until she got out to the van and I caught a glimpse of WB sitting in the passenger seat.

I told her after the door was closed that I really didn't appreciate her bringing him after I've asked her several times.

She scrunched her face up and said I was being very inconsiderate.

I cut her off and said "No.. you are being inconsiderate.. I have asked you several times, and made it pretty clear."

She said she was just doing him a favor by picking him up from school. I just shrugged and turned around and went inside.

Sent the following email:

WW,

I apologize if you believe that I am somehow being inconsiderate by asking you to respect my morals, my character, my children, and my property when I have told you several times now that WB is not welcome at my house. While I must respect your decision to expose our children to your choices and lifestyle at the place you live, I will not implicitly or explicitly endorse adultery in front of my children and ask once again that you please respect this boundary when you come to my home.

James

TRIGGERED

PISSED

[email]D@mn[/email] I want a cigarette...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
G
G
What I'm about to say might sound callous. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about:

Try to have a sense of humor about all this.

Impossible? Seriously, try to. Your wife has the compassion of a war criminal. It's absurd. Be cooler than her.

GC

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
GC: Heh.. compassion of a war criminal.. how terribly accurate.

Ok.. here's the full exchange.. I had retracted my previous email and added to it.. here's my email and her response.

Yes.. I probably screwed the perverbial pooch here..

I'm ready to take 2X4's if they are deemed necessary.

I'd -LOVE- former waywards insight into her response.. I'm actually kind of fascinated by it.

here goes:

My email after the 'confrontation' last night:
WW,

I apologize if you believe that I am somehow being inconsiderate by asking you to respect my morals, my character, my children, and my property when I have told you several times now that WB is not welcome at my house. While I am forced to accept your decision to expose our children to your choices and lifestyle at the place you live, I will not implicitly or explicitly endorse adultery in front of my children and ask once again that you please respect this simple boundary when you come to my home.

I accept that you have free will to choose whether or not to be obedient to your faith and the covenant we made with eachother, our children, and God. Please appreciate and be considerate of your husband who has made the choice to keep his vows, and promises even through all of this, to protect and stand for your honor, and the dignity of our family.

I will continue to stand in the gap with all of those who truly know and love you, and lovingly pray for you and believe in the amazing woman who is still my wife, and the mother of my children, who I have faith is buried somewhere deep inside the woman you have become.

With love and faithfulness,
Your husband

Now I sent this about 10:00 PM... and found this had come about 1:00 AM when I woke up this morning.. she was up late constructing this one.

James,

You lost the right to call yourself my husband a long while ago when you decided that your "committment" to your band and music career was going to be put before your "committment" to me. To me you are not now nor will you ever again be my husband. You are just the father of my son. And as such, the only thing that I do owe you is to not have any conflicts with you and to try to get along with you. Not for you, but for our son. He is such a precious little boy and he deserves that. But you are making it difficult for me to try to get along with you. You feel the need to pick a fight where none was needed. You even went out of your way to do so, and that is what I found to be rude and incosiderate.

WB showing up tonight had nothing to do with you or your beliefs. He just needed a ride home from school and Ivy Tech was on my way to pick DS up while his house was on my way home from picking DS up. You had already gone inside and shut your door. What was it that possessed you to open that door back up and come outside to say what you did to me?

First, when I get there to pick DS up, he isn't ready to go and I am stuck waiting for you to get him ready. Then you decide you want to keep me outside in your driveway arguing about something that doesn't even matter. I have been sick this entire week and have been trying to get better. How considerate do you think you were being tonight? I think that it is pretty inconsiderate. When you have to come over to pick DS up from the house, he is always ready and you are not made to wait. I also do not pick fights with you out in the driveway in the dead middle of winter. Even now, you are continually showing me that you don't listen. Either that, or you just don't care. I am not a brainless barbie doll, please do not treat me like one. You write like I have no clue and need to be "walked through" something.

As for your second paragraph...you did not choose to stand by yours vows until things were over between us. You paid for the filing fee for the divorce, which shows me that you wanted out too. I have stood by all of the promises that I have made to my children and my relationship with God is just that...MY being the key word. I am assured and comfortable in my faith to know where I stand with Him and it is not your responsiblity or duty to worry about my relationship with God.

To address your last paragraph, I do not know what you are talking about. I am and have always been only one woman, myself. If you don't see that, then I guess I made the right decision in leaving. The only thing I changed within the past four years was my mind. I changed my mind on being married to someone who would rather treat me like a roomate than a wife. I changed my mind about being married to someone who insists on talking down to me like I am three years old.

Bottom line, I am tired of living my life alone while being married. I hope that it will be different next time around, but next time will never be with you. Things are looking good between WB and I, but even if we were to break up tomorrow, I would still be going through with this divorce and you still wouldn't be my husband. That is something you need to come to terms with before we will be able to get along and like I said I hope that we can. Our son deserves something better than to have his dad badmouth his mom and have his dad trying to start an argument with his mom. HE doesn't need to see things like that, yet you insist on doing it in front of him. So yeah, I do think you were being inconsiderate and I do think you were being rude.

Please do not address yourself as my husband anymore. It is no longer appropriate. I love DS and I would do anything for that little boy, but I am not going to let you railroad me and treat me like an insignificant idiot. The days of me being pushed around and told what to do are over. I am not a carpet or rug and I will no longer allow you or anyone else to just walk all over me. Please keep that in mind. I sincerely hope that we can at least get along for our son's sake, but that cannot happen until you decide that that is what you want as well.

Best wishes

WW

Now I could go line by line responding to some of these things.. but I'd like to get some untainted opinion on the source before I contaminate it with the truth.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
Wow, she is certainly interesting. I need to reread this and see what I think. It's too much babble in one handling for me and I am still realing from mine's crap.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I haven't responded to this.. and am unsure if I will or not.

It is however about as forthcoming as she's been in the last 6 months about her feelings regarding 'us'.. I almost wonder if there isn't an opportunity or a need to address some of these things.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Wow, she is certainly interesting. I need to reread this and see what I think. It's too much babble in one handling for me and I am still realing from mine's crap.

Hehe... amen to that.

You know what's funny Queenie? On the way home from work last night, I saw a Covenant Transport truck.. had a wonderful evening thanking God for that little sign of His faithfulness and encouragement to me.. but now I'm just kind of confused..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
For those just joining on this page.. I'd really like Former Wayward and vet input on her email I posted on the previous page..

Oh.. and she and DSD are getting flowers with heart charms today sent to He11house (that I ordered a few days ago) and DS is getting a stuffed bear with the card citing I Corinthians 13: 1-8, 13.

Should be an interesting day for fallout.. probably ruined my plan A.. thoughts?

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
I wouldn't respond to anything until the real vets come and talk to you.

I would imagine you are asking G-d what signs he was sending you? I have to ask you some questions.

Are you truly ready to move on without her?
What if those signs were exacty mixed signals because that's what she is in, confusion?

What would you like to say IF you were to respond and remember, there is no way I am saying responding, her letter is out of my league.

It's interesting, this is where the difference between our WW are. I think from what happened with me yesterday my WW is cake eating in his own way. And your doesn't seem to cake eat at all.

What are your thoughts on the email?

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 02/14/08 09:30 AM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Jame's..CANCEL the flowers. IMHO, it is time to face the fact that she isn't coming back and some of the things you are doing...even if they are "right" are being considered LB by her. The flowers are going to piss her off.

I would NOT respond to her email. IMHO, the only conversations that you should have with her moving forward should concern your sons welfare. Nothing else.

E
E
Jamesus-

You WW sounds EXACTY like mine. Every time I hear her say something along the lines of what yours wrote to you, I question whether the path I'm on is the right path.

However, as MEDC said, the bottom line, whether the M is recovered or not, is to make sure that you are putting the children first in the decisions that you make. If you are doing that, then you are on the right path, regardless of the end result of the M.

I'm praying for you.

God bless.

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I would imagine you are asking G-d what signs he was sending you? I have to ask you some questions.

Are you truly ready to move on without her?
What if those signs were exacty mixed signals because that's what she is in, confusion?

What would you like to say IF you were to respond and remember, there is no way I am saying responding, her letter is out of my league.

It's interesting, this is where the difference between our WW are. I think from what happened with me yesterday my WW is cake eating in his own way. And your doesn't seem to cake eat at all.

What are your thoughts on the email?

Queenie:
I'm already moving on without her. I've got a pretty full schedule these days between DD's swimming, volleyball, and the nights I have DS it keeps me pretty busy. Plus I've been staying busy with friends and I've started jamming with the band again. Which makes her first paragraph kinda funny.. my band has been more or less dead for the last 2 years.. that isn't to say I don't go out and play every so often but it certainly wasn't the commitment level of a successful regional band.. I'll get into that more though when I do actually post what I -would- reply if I were to actually send one.

I'd like to get more input from vets and former waywards before posting my retorts to it, as I don't want to color opinions before they are fully formulated.

I agree, she hasn't been cake eating this whole time, but I'm told that it's common with wayward women at least to completely check out of the marriage emotionally and fully invest themselves in the A.. I just figure that's what I'm seeing here.

As for my thoughts on the email.. I'm a little shocked at the wordiness of the response as tight lipped as she's been to this point.

Jame's..CANCEL the flowers. IMHO, it is time to face the fact that she isn't coming back and some of the things you are doing...even if they are "right" are being considered LB by her. The flowers are going to piss her off.

I would NOT respond to her email. IMHO, the only conversations that you should have with her moving forward should concern your sons welfare. Nothing else.

It's too late to unring the bell on the flowers.. they're out for delivery.

Yeah, I figure they'll piss her off.. but I think she's most pissed at the reminders that despite the 'divorce in her head' I am still her husband... which in turn casts that little bit of truth onto the relationship with WB.. and we all know the reaction of waywards when they are forced to look even for a moment at the ugliness of the A...

They get pissed... I'm not suprised, but I don't think it's a LB either. It's the truth.

I've sent no response yet.. though I have crafted something of a line by line retort.. I'll share that later once others have had the opportunity to play along.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Gadzooks, James...

Why do you insist on arguing with her? You can't win an argument with that kind of thinking. So why try?

Do NOT respond. Do not perpe2ate this foolishness.

-ol' 2long

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Jamesus-

You WW sounds EXACTY like mine. Every time I hear her say something along the lines of what yours wrote to you, I question whether the path I'm on is the right path.

However, as MEDC said, the bottom line, whether the M is recovered or not, is to make sure that you are putting the children first in the decisions that you make. If you are doing that, then you are on the right path, regardless of the end result of the M.

I'm praying for you.

God bless.

EOTS.. thank you so much for your prayers. I have been reading your sitch daily and my heart goes out to you. I haven't contributed much because.. well.. you see where I'm at eh? Figure it's pretty obvious my example isn't one to be following about now.. but if you can learn from my mistakes.. more power to you brother. Know that I'm pulling for you and praying for you as well.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
E
E
As 2long points out, it is useless to try to argue with her. That IS one thing that I have learned here. I am argumentative by nature, especially when it's something that I feel strongly about. It is EXTREMELY hard for me to listen to or read WW's fog babble and not respond, but that is what I've learned to do. I guess I just got tired of beating my head against the wall, so I stopped doing it.

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Gadzooks, James...

Why do you insist on arguing with her? You can't win an argument with that kind of thinking. So why try?

Do NOT respond. Do not perpe2ate this foolishness.

-ol' 2long

I really wasn't trying to argue with her last night or in the email, simply restate, clearly, my boundary.

I shrugged and went inside when she raised her voice.. I'll admit that I probably should have -just- emailed instead of making any comment about him being there with DS in the car.. I'm sure she'll try to spin that any which way but loose to say I'm arguing with her in front of our son.. even though I was calm and collected throughout the exchange.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok.. my 'response' as it were.

No I haven't sent it.. no.. I won't send it.. but here's my thoughts.

You lost the right to call yourself my husband a long while ago when you decided that your "committment" to your band and music career was going to be put before your "committment" to me.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can show you than to point to my continued stand, steadfast love, and faithfulness to you throughout our marriage and especially during the pain of the last 6 months that my commitment to you and our family transcends all other aspects of my life. I chose computers as my career because that was the only way to guarantee that I could provide for you and our children, and to finance the dreams and goals we established and accomplished. The band was only ever a hobby, and while I was passionate about it I have always told you that you only need to say the word and I would give it up and never look back.

To me you are not now nor will you ever again be my husband. You are just the father of my son. And as such, the only thing that I do owe you is to not have any conflicts with you and to try to get along with you. Not for you, but for our son. He is such a precious little boy and he deserves that. But you are making it difficult for me to try to get along with you. You feel the need to pick a fight where none was needed. You even went out of your way to do so, and that is what I found to be rude and incosiderate.

I never intended to pick a fight last night, only to remind you since you evidently had forgotten, or just didn't care that I have made it clear that Mario is not welcome at my home. I agree completely that heated discussions in front of our son are inappropriate, and that is why I ceased engaging you and went back inside once you raised your voice at me. I hope that we can avoid the situation altogether in the future and actually demonstrate your desire to 'get along' by respecting and being considerate of eachothers boundaries and the right to determine who is welcome or not around our children and in our own home.

WB showing up tonight had nothing to do with you or your beliefs. He just needed a ride home from school and Ivy Tech was on my way to pick DS up while his house was on my way home from picking DS up. You had already gone inside and shut your door. What was it that possessed you to open that door back up and come outside to say what you did to me?

The reasons for WB being there are not my concern. I will be happy to work something out with you where you can pick DS up later, or I'll be more than happy to keep him overnight if you need to taxi your boyfriend around town on Wednesdays. What posessed me to come outside to address you, is the overt disrespect and open disregard for me, my home, and the morals we both once sought to establish in our son. It will no longer be tolerated at my house.

First, when I get there to pick DS up, he isn't ready to go and I am stuck waiting for you to get him ready. Then you decide you want to keep me outside in your driveway arguing about something that doesn't even matter. I have been sick this entire week and have been trying to get better. How considerate do you think you were being tonight? I think that it is pretty inconsiderate. When you have to come over to pick DS up from the house, he is always ready and you are not made to wait. I also do not pick fights with you out in the driveway in the dead middle of winter.

DS was ready to go when you arrived with the exception of putting his hat and coat on, which I felt would probably have been uncomfortable to have on inside while waiting for you to arrive. I even invited you inside out of the cold so that you would not have to wait outside for even the short amount of time it would have taken to get his coat on. I'm sure you even heard me telling him that we shouldn't make you wait while he did all he could to delay leaving with you, from continuing to play with his motorbike toys to asking for his glasses, and then making issue about which ones he wanted. He has attempted several times in recent months to 'prolong' our encounters, and has said several times that he does it because 'You and mommy need to talk more'. Regardless, it certainly was nothing like what I had to go through on September 10 or November 30.

Even now, you are continually showing me that you don't listen. Either that, or you just don't care. I am not a brainless barbie doll, please do not treat me like one. You write like I have no clue and need to be "walked through" something.

I'm not sure how I'm showing you that I don't listen, I've tried several times to engage you in converstation throughout the course of this ordeal and recieved only short responses or icy silence in return. When you do email or talk to me typically it is an accusation of one form or another, so I apologize if my trying to clarify or explain myself to you in order to avoid further misunderstandings or misplaced assumptions comes across as condescending. I honestly thought that by trying to address your concerns as clearly as possible that I was showing you that I am listening and am concerned about what bothers you.

As for your second paragraph...you did not choose to stand by yours vows until things were over between us. You paid for the filing fee for the divorce, which shows me that you wanted out too. I have stood by all of the promises that I have made to my children and my relationship with God is just that...MY being the key word. I am assured and comfortable in my faith to know where I stand with Him and it is not your responsiblity or duty to worry about my relationship with God.

I'd really like to know which vows you believe I have broken in the entirety of our marriage and how. The one time we've touched on this in the past you said 'put first before all others' which I seem to remember the vow actually being 'forsaking all others, be faithful only to him/her for as long as you both shall live'. Ironic that the vow you mention speaks directly to infideltiy. As someone who loves and cares about you, and someone you yourself brought back to the faith I am deeply concerned about your relationship with God. As such I will continue to pray for you out of the depth of my love.

If the filing fee confuses you, you're welcome to pay me back for that. I feel that I've been pretty clear from the beginning that this is not what I want.

To address your last paragraph, I do not know what you are talking about. I am and have always been only one woman, myself. If you don't see that, then I guess I made the right decision in leaving. The only thing I changed within the past four years was my mind. I changed my mind on being married to someone who would rather treat me like a roomate than a wife. I changed my mind about being married to someone who insists on talking down to me like I am three years old.

The woman I married was deeply faithful, believed in honesty, valued her family, and was devoted to her children. The woman I see now has destroyed her family, shut out her children's grandparents, godparents, stepfather, aunts and uncles, has abandoned her faith, and embraced dishonesty and immoral behavior as the foundation of her life. The woman I see now would have made my wife physically ill to behold.

I'm not sure what you have ever meant with this roomate bit, roomates don't help raise children together, roomates don't sleep together, hope together, dream together, and plan futures together.

I am sorry that you seem to percieve any logical argument that doesn't fully support your destructive desires is seen as condescending and talking as if to a child. (I'd really -like- to say.. stop acting like a child and we'll grow from there to fix this one)..

Bottom line, I am tired of living my life alone while being married. I hope that it will be different next time around, but next time will never be with you. Things are looking good between WB and I, but even if we were to break up tomorrow, I would still be going through with this divorce and you still wouldn't be my husband. That is something you need to come to terms with before we will be able to get along and like I said I hope that we can. Our son deserves something better than to have his dad badmouth his mom and have his dad trying to start an argument with his mom. HE doesn't need to see things like that, yet you insist on doing it in front of him. So yeah, I do think you were being inconsiderate and I do think you were being rude.

I'm tired of living alone while being married too, so why don't you come home and let's try to be married -together- instead of married alone? Things are looking good with a guy one year younger than you who still hasn't stopped living at home with his parents? Is a convicted thief? Doesn't have a real job? Can't manage to find a ride for himself to and from school? Congrats on the upgrade.

I've never badmouthed you or attempted to argue with you in front of our children. Last night being the prime example, I simply calmly stated that I didn't appreciate him showing up here again, and you blew up yelling about being inconsiderate. I do regret however that the irony was too much for me to resist and that I had to comment on how you were the one being inconsiderate of my repeated requests.

Please do not address yourself as my husband anymore. It is no longer appropriate.

According to God, the state of Indiana, and the church it's completely appropriate. As a matter of fact, the only one who seems to have a problem with me still being your husband, is you. I'd ask WB, but it didn't seem to be much of a problem for him when he started sleeping with you so I don't imagine much has changed in that arena now.

I love DS and I would do anything for that little boy, but I am not going to let you railroad me and treat me like an insignificant idiot. The days of me being pushed around and told what to do are over. I am not a carpet or rug and I will no longer allow you or anyone else to just walk all over me. Please keep that in mind. I sincerely hope that we can at least get along for our son's sake, but that cannot happen until you decide that that is what you want as well.

I'm glad we're finally on the same page here, can this pretty please be a two way street finally?

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
Good Morning, James.

Personally, I'd send it. But I'm no MB pro.

There are a few subtle digs at WB there, but certainly not uncalled for.

What would be the harm? The potential gain?

Many waywards read correspondance with their BS over and over again.....and many of the points stick with them, even if they don't like them.

You are sticking to your boundaries....that she continues to test. As she points out, she is not a rug, but neither are you. She has wiped her feet on you more than once with the continued disrespect of bringing WB to your home.

I wish schoolbus was around to decipher this a little bit. Maybe a callout?

Fox

ETA: I don't remember.....what is your plan for Plan B?

Last edited by wildhorses74; 02/14/08 12:59 PM.
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Foxy..

Yeah.. I really wish Schoolbus or a FWW like LaLa or Mrs W or one of the others could give me some insight here.. I'm feeling a little adrift.

Honestly at this point I don't know what I'd have to lose in sending it, but realistically I know it'd be like trying to reason with a brick wall.

As for Plan B.. there is no Plan B at least until custody is decided..

I'm kinda stuck in Plan A in the middle of Plan D right now..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
T
TJD Offline
T
I would not send what was written.

I would send a 2 sentence email however. I would politely restate that she keep WB away in respect of your wishes for you and your son.

I would also say that I am working on improving myself to be the person, husband, and dad that I am proud of and have always wanted to be.

I also think you should follow your plan. Since the beginning, I believe MEDC has recommended the best plan for you. Aggressively doing what it takes to get custody of your son should be top priority and the focus of everything you do on a daily basis.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
Page 84 of 142 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 141 142

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation