Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 152 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 151 152
SeekingWife #1959896 11/05/07 07:32 PM
M
M
I have a question about this exposing....I thought the point of the exposing was to bust up the affair. You've done that now....why keep on messing with his job when you haven't even asked him to write NC letter or any of that? I am just a little confused on that....Melody?

SW, she has ALREADY exposed to the workplace. Now she is just following up to see what they intend to do, and giving them related evidence.

And she has no evidence the affair is over. She only suspects that they haven't been in contact for a few days.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

SeekingWife #1959897 11/05/07 07:35 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Seeking Wife,

Melody advised that I follow up on my letters with a phone call to HR and H's boss.

I'm just unsure as to how far I need to go with it.

I don't want to go too over-the-top but I want to make darn sure that the affair is DEAD. And dead and dead and dead.

Squashed, splattered, folded, spindled and mutilated, burned, bombed, flattened and scorched...

Pulverized until there's absolutely nothing left. And if there's any residual dust...sink it to the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.

M
M
You should try to limit your contact with OWH at this point. For 2 reasons.
1. You are both very vulnerable right now, and when you talk to each other you will start to feel like he is your kindred spirit. You have both been hurt, and you understand each other like no one else can. See where I am going with this? It is this sort of opening that can lead to an EA. I know what I am talking about here - I started down that path when I used to talk to the OWH in my own situation. He would say things like "Your WH was an idiot to leave you! You are so much nicer than my W" and I would just melt.

Charlotte, WOF has a good point of caution here. You DO NEED to stay in contact with the OWH in order to touch base and make sure the affair stays killed, but be cautious about your communications with him. You are both VERY vulnerable right now. It is a neccesity to stay in touch for now, but just tread very carefully, this could be dangerous ground.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you for bringing this up, wof5.

I was just thinking about this very thing today. So when I called him I made it short and to the point. My main reason for calling was to make sure he knew about H's A in his first M so it would reach the ears of OW.

And I sent the video in hopes that he would watch it and once he watches it, he will absolutely want her to watch it.

Oh, and when I told OWH about H's other A...he said he wasn't surprised. So I know for sure he'll tell OW.

But thank you for bringing that up. I am making sure to protect myself against anything inappropriate. If he called and wanted to go to lunch and talk I would not be able to do that.

And like you said, he's just as vulnerable as I am right now.

SITTING DUCKS!!!!!! "Quack, quack, quack!"

B
B
seekingwife, let me put it another way:

You set a mousetrap somewhere under the furniture. You hear it snap shut. You think the mouse is dead. But ... what if the trap only caught the tail of the mouse? And the mouse fainted dead away from fright, and made just one little squeaky sound?

And you walk away, satisfied that the mouse got killed. But when you go outside, the mouse regains consciousness, and says to himself "mon dieu! I am trapped in zee mouzetrap! Alas!" But the mouse does not panic.

Instead, he quietly sets about chewing off his own little tail, and scampers away to heal. Once he feels better, he timidly ventures out from his mousehole again, more careful this time.

No reckless eating out of mousetraps of that design ever again for him, non m'sieur. A sadder mouse by wiser now, allez oop!

Bellevue #1959901 11/05/07 08:06 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Would that mouse's name be Mr. Jingles, Bellevue?

Great analogy!

S
S
Would that mouse's name be Mr. Jingles, Bellevue?

Great analogy!

Sweetie, I was thinking about you today. I am SO proud of you! I don't know if I would be able to handle things that are coming your way like you do. I hope I NEVER have to but if it ever happens, I know where to go and who to talk to!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
suamico #1959903 11/05/07 10:00 PM
S
S
Just a note:

I'm checking on BestAdvisor.

There's something there that reminds me of someone else.

Haven't identified it yet. Smells of sweet? Or passion. Same thing - really - those two are the same. I wonder if BA is the same?

I'm checking and watching BA.

Sooner or later, BA will slip up and show her(him)self. There's something there, though, reminiscent of another, earlier persona.

We'll see.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
schoolbus #1959904 11/05/07 10:04 PM
M
M
agree, SB, she smells like some other recent trolls we have had around here. She smells blood over on sexymamabears thread and is over there tonight.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1959905 11/05/07 10:12 PM
M
M
BestAdvisor1,

This is a MarriageBUILDERS forum!!!

Please familiarize yourself with the MarriageBuilders concepts & principles!

JustUss

Edited by Justuss (11/05/07 09:11 AM)

just want to make sure Bumadvisor saw this admonishment the MOD added to her post on this thread today.

Exposure 101

suamico #1959906 11/05/07 10:18 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you, suamico!

(((suamico)))

MelodyLane #1959907 11/05/07 10:20 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for posting this, Melody. I couldn't find it earlier.

MelodyLane #1959908 11/05/07 10:27 PM
S
S
I've looked at MM. Not enough similarity there. I don't think they are the same person.

SB

B
B
Yes, Mr. Jingles! I'm re-reading The Green Mile, and that little mouse just won't leave my head.

Too bad my french accent stinks so bad.

Bellevue #1959910 11/06/07 01:51 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hey, Bellevue!

I'm so glad to see a friendly face! I was just going through some evidence. I didn't want to but I want to highlight anything connected to H's office where the A took place most of the time. I've found more references than I thought were there but I had skipped a lot of stuff because it was too painful to look at. No problem now. Mouse on a mission here. (except THIS mouse is the size of Godzilla!)

I re-read the Green Mile not too long ago because the movie had been on and we watched it again. So then I had to read it again. It's so moving.

Have you ever read "Blaze?" Man oh man, that is THE best Bachman book! I'm so glad he pulled it out and reworked it!!
That book stayed with me for WEEKS after I read it.

Oh, and you're accent is just fine. Much better than OW's, she was trying to teach H to speak French. (dam little French-fried floozy! sorry, but I had to let one out! I didn't get TOO rough on her. I had something much stronger in mind but it would be edited to the point of ******* ****** ******** ****** ******* ******** ******* ****** ********* ****** **** * * * * ****** ** * * ** ***** there.I feel better now.)

R
RIF Offline
R
Hey Charlotte!

I've been out this morning, but will read through your thread to see what I've missed...

You're doing great!!!!

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

Multiple A's that ended '90

Rebuilding In Faith since then...

Currently deployed to Iraq, but TEXAS is Home!
RIF #1959912 11/06/07 02:08 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi RIF!

Good to see ya'! Thanks for checking in!

I'm getting some ammunition ready for an all-out ground assault tomorrow.

Take care!

Charlotte

B
B
Don't you ever sleep Charlotte?

LOL

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #1959914 11/06/07 02:52 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Ducks never sleep.

Sure, I sleep once in a while. I slept more last night so now I'm still up.

re: ducks. I don't know how familiar you are with their habits, but our ducks almost never sleep. They are up during the day and they are up at night. They take little catnaps during the day so they can always be on guard. One will stand sentinel so the others can take a cat nap.

It's SO funny! But they are nice to have around because of their habits. If the dogs don't notice anything unusual, you can always count on the ducks to pick up the slack if someone tries to sneak into your yard.

It helps to have duck hens, though because their voices are very LOUD while the drake's voices are low and watery.

Okay, enough about ducks!

BTW: LOL when I saw your post! Now I'll be up even longer!

Last edited by Charlotte22; 11/06/07 02:53 AM.
R
RIF Offline
R
Hey Charlotte!

I've heard that geese are even better than ducks... Glad you're doing so well.

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

Multiple A's that ended '90

Rebuilding In Faith since then...

Currently deployed to Iraq, but TEXAS is Home!
Page 32 of 152 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation