Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 152 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 151 152
RIF #1961216 01/30/08 01:47 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi RIF!!!

Thanks! I'm getting better every day!!

I don't know what will happen with Mr. Gray but I get farther and farther away each day that passes.

I think that he may get yet another dose of reality when my Doberman gets Phase I of inventory this week to send to the appraiser.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gray makes noise about that since I'm obviously SUPPOSED to be wicked and vengeful since I was wronged. Yeah, whatever. I could have done a thousand things to him and his stuff before. I'm not like that.

If anything, he will b&m because I am TOUCHING his things or something stupid like that.

I don't care. My Doberman has my back so I'm not worried in the least. Besides, if I don't do this, no one else will be able to. HE couldn't even do it...if I wasn't in B and we were communicating.

D
OP Offline
D
411!!

That is so cool...earlier today I was thinking about you because you haven't been around here in a while. Then when I checked in here earlier I saw that you had posted.

I only just now had a chance to drop in here for a minute. I've been eating, sleeping, breathing & living INVENTORY!!!

It's coming along nicely. I think my Doberman is going to be very pleased with Phase I. I've been using a little trick he taught me so it's been even easier than I expected.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to be down. I'm sure there have to be some days coming. But yeah, I'm not looking for them. I'll just have to distract myself somehow if I feel one coming on. Like I did last month when my hormones were out of whack.

I'm fortunate and very, very blessed to have such a wonderful support system in people here as well as the physical realm.

My DIL is my best friend now. We are on the same wavelength a LOT, but I've noticed that with other people lately, too. I don't know if it's just me...more connected spiritually somehow to people or if something is going on for everyone but not everyone notices. I don't know. I'm just letting my fingers do the walking here.

There have been good things happening with my second cousin who is having so many problems. Things are getting better, she's been feeling better...she said she was laughing at work and she NEVER laughs at work. So I guess some good stuff must be rubbing off on her...positive vibes. My Doberman thought that might happen. Looks like he was right.

Well, in other news our dog passed away on Sunday night. I was going to take her to the vet Monday and she didn't make it. She was really bloated, we don't know why. I have to talk to our vet about it.

I thought about contacting my intermediary to see if that was something to be passed along to Mr. Gray but I guess pets don't count? I don't know. I haven't written her about it yet. He might think I'm thinking about him or something. LOL! Well, I did. He liked her a lot and she liked him. Probably better than me. The last time he saw her was the Sunday before I gave the evidence to OWH. Two days before that day. A Tuesday.

Well, I could have used his help to dig the grave, that's for sure. But I did it myself and my friend helped me put her in and fill in the grave.

She was a good dog. And old, too. She was going to be 14 this year. She didn't live with us anymore, she stayed at my g'ma's. Ever since Hurricane Rita.

Well, to make a long story short.....TOO LATE!!!! LOL! I guess I'd better skedaddle before this gets any longer!

B
B
Hi Charlotte - I was wondering how you were. Haven't seen you post much lately.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Dancing_Machine #1961219 01/30/08 03:48 AM
R
RIF Offline
R
Hey Charlotte!!!

If anything, he will b&m because I am TOUCHING his things or something stupid like that.

If it weren't so sad, this would be funny! It's too bad that WS will revert to childish behaviors in order to continue to try and get "their way"...

Good to see you around! I hope that you're sleeping well!

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

Multiple A's that ended '90

Rebuilding In Faith since then...

Currently deployed to Iraq, but TEXAS is Home!
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Big K!!!!

Good to see ya'!!!

Yeah, I've been pretty busy here. I'm probably going to regret opening my big mouth and saying I'd do the inventory but so far I'm not nuts so I guess I'll be okay. Maybe!! So far I've just brushed the tip of the iceberg!

I'm probably going to kill the camera and the battery will surely die...I can usually get through two or three sessions before it needs to be recharged.

It's been pretty interesting, though.

Take care!

Charlotte

RIF #1961221 01/30/08 12:10 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi RIF!!!

Ain't it, though? Reminds me of Bill Cosby in "Himself" when he's talking about his kids. Hilarious!

I can just see it coming. Maybe it won't, though. All I know is he's lucky it's me because I'm so careful.

And from time to time I think about that ridiculous statement oft repeated, "They're all broken!" Yeah, how stupid do you think people are, Gray? Oh yeah, he WASN'T thinking! LOL!!

I feel silly for even dignifying that with an answer the first time he brought it up at the hearing. Oh well. Live and learn!

Take care!

Charlotte

Dancing_Machine #1961222 01/30/08 03:20 PM
B
B
Charlotte,
About your dog:
We also had to put our dog down - in August. She was about 13-14. Our vet said she had a lesion behind her heart, which could be a cancer, or the spot on the xray could have been a sign of heart problems.

She became bloated and swolen and had trouble breathing, lying down, walking, going up and down a step. I took her to the vet, and he took out some of the fluid via a needle. The bloating came back though after a time.

When that happened, my son asked me to take her back to the vet again and have him remove the fluid.

At the vet's office, he said he could do that if I wanted to, but that she was suffering and he advised me to have her put down right then and there. He said this was a sign that she was dying, and that the kindest thing was to end her suffering that same day.

Also, his wife had just died within a few months before. He told me he had seen her looking just like our dog, swolen, bloated, struggling to breathe, and in pain. She died of cancer. As he talked, he told me that it is so sad that we can help animals to end their suffering, but that we cannot do anything for people. He had to watch his poor wife suffer and struggle until the end finally came.

It is so heartbreaking, when it is a loved one, a person.

I told him our son would want to say goodbye to his dog, and that we would return the next day. Our son spent the rest of the day holding her in his arms, crying and sobbing. He wanted to give her a bath, but I told him it would only stress her out. He wanted her to sleep in his bed, or in his room, but she didn't want to.

She slept in my room, and she needed to go outside several times during the night. I got up, lifted her out to the patio, and waited while she walked around the yard and came back to the patio. Then I lifted her back inside.

The next morning our son wrote a story for her, making her the heroine. WHen it came time to go to the vets, I allowed him to lie in the wayback of my station wagon with her and he read her the story on the way to the vet.

He got to have closure and to hold her after she had gone out. The vet asked if he wanted her cremated, and if he wanted her ashes in a box. He did. He has a cedar box, and he has her leash, her dishes, her mat, and a picture of her set up in his room like a shrine.

Anyway, that sure was a long post that I wrote just to address the thing about your dog becoming swolen and bloated. It is just one thing that happens when our pets get very old.

Belle, Domestic Goddess
Bellevue #1961223 01/30/08 06:32 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Wow Bellevue,

That sounds like just it. I wish I'd known sooner but I guess it wouldn't have made much difference. Before my Mom left for her trip she mentioned that our dog looked a little bit fat or a little bloated and there was so much going on and then I got sick so I never checked her. I wasn't around. I feel bad about it now but she had always been the picture of health so I didn't think she was sick.

I sometimes forget how old she was and her sisters, too. Mom has one, the other sister is my sister's dog, but she moved to my grandma's after living with us for a long time because my sister never had a satisfactory place for her to live.

My Mom's dog had a bout with cancer several years ago. She had a deadly necklace of tumors in her uterus. Our vet is super great and he removed them. We thought she might have to be put to sleep but after her surgery she just looked at us like she didn't want to leave so we took her to A&M to the hospital.

She was there for over a week and she's been cancer free since. I guess we won't have the two of them much longer since they are getting so much older, though.

We have a lot of elderly cats, too. And the horses aren't getting any younger.

Well, I'm rambling now.

Thank you very much for that information. I'm betting that it was something just like your situation. It's hard to lose a member of the family. But the love is so worth it. I thought I'd give up on pets but I just couldn't. They just grab you by the heart and that's it!!

Take care,

Charlotte

Dancing_Machine #1961224 01/31/08 12:06 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Well, I wanted to get this down before I forget about it. Last night I was having some very nice dreams. Then I had one with Mr. Gray. Well, he MIGHT have been Jonesy...I'm really not sure.

He was here but he was talking on the phone. I was mad because he kept talking and I didn't know who it was but I suspected Slag. For some reason he was carrying a microphone around, too. A desk microphone for a radio. He was talking on the phone when I was in the same room with him, though.

I remember putting on the John Cusack movie, "Better Off Dead" and waiting for him to finish.

Then he was trying to woo me. On one hand, it could have been Jonesy but on the other hand I felt like he might have been trying to trick me.

This is the second dream with this sort of feeling in it. I had one a few weeks ago.

And speak of the devil...he just now logged out of IM.

Hmmm.

Well, that was about it...there was no resolution in the dream. I woke up before I slept with him or didn't sleep with him. I wasn't leaning towards sleeping with him at that point, though. He was trying.

Dancing_Machine #1961225 01/31/08 12:43 AM
J
J
bellevue... that's heartbreaking... I'm crying right now... but what a touching goodbye.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
D
OP Offline
D
Well, I got word from my Doberman this a.m. that there is correspondence from opposing counsel. I don't know what it is yet, I'll find out later this afternoon when I get there.

D
D
I'm anxiously awaiting an update.

Me - BS DDay 1 (Multiple affairs while overseas) - Feb 2003 DDay 2 (AdultFriendFinder Profile) - April 2007 Seeing a counselor. I think we have him stumped.
Dobie #1961228 01/31/08 10:33 PM
D
OP Offline
D
LOL Dobie!!!

You always show up when I mention my Doberman. Do you have your pc set to catch that word? Or is it intuition?

LOL!!

Dancing_Machine #1961229 01/31/08 11:16 PM
D
OP Offline
D
There were two letters. One to do with taxes. The other one was a list of things Mr. Gray wants from here. It contained a lot of stuff that wasn't in the agreement.

So I said I'll agree to whatever's in the agreement and nothing more.

He doesn't give a rat's *ss about me. He just wants his STUFF. Fine. Whatever.

He can KISS MY GRITS!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and another suggestion in the letter. That the inventory stuff be moved to a climate-controlled facility.

Hello? Me and Dobie just talked about this two weeks ago!! And I had emailed him about it at least a week before that!

It's like "Brick wall? Brick wall?"

I'm not agreeing to Jack Sprat. I'm doing all of the work over here while he plays.

Whatever. I'm getting to the point of I just don't give a damn anymore. Let him rot. Let him roll in the manure with that harpy.

I'm not going to rush anything and my Doberman doesn't want to rush it, either, because Mr. Gray OWES me. So who do I agree with? My Doberman of course.

But what can I say anymore? He'll get his crap when he gets it. And no sooner. I'm not rushing anything but do I even care? It's getting to be... NO!!!!

And when it's all over I am NOT waiting around for him. Why should I?

I'm not going to cloister myself for two freakin' years. This isn't fair. I didn't ask for this. All I wanted was a little LOYALTY. Like I gave.

Dancing_Machine #1961230 02/01/08 12:37 AM
R
RIF Offline
R
(((Charlote)))

I'm getting a sense that you're love is fading fast...

You WILL be OK and you will make it through this period.

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

RIF #1961231 02/01/08 12:50 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you, RIF!

It just feels like, what's the point anymore?

I just don't know. I'm doing my own thing and enjoying my family and my new friends, though.

Dancing_Machine #1961232 02/01/08 12:59 AM
R
RIF Offline
R
Hey Charlotte,

Glad that you have a good support group of family and friends.

Your H WILL wake up from all of this one day... hopefully, it won't be too late for you.

Semper Fi,

RIF

Me, BS

Her, Forgiven

Married Dec 86

RIF #1961233 02/01/08 01:33 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi RIF,

Thank you. It sure doesn't look that way. Yeah, I hope it's not too late but it's getting there. Just around the next bend, I think.

Dancing_Machine #1961234 02/01/08 12:06 PM
R
RIF Offline
R
Hey Charlotte,

Just wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing this morning... I hope you're having a great day!

Semper Fi,

RIF

RIF #1961235 02/01/08 07:34 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi RIF!!

Thank you!! I'm doing GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!

The weekend is going to be great, DIL & I are hosting a "Goddess Day" on Sunday.

Next week is going to be great, too!!

Take care,

Charlotte

Page 98 of 152 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation