Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Someone please help me. I do not know what to do or where else to turn.

In the 2 weeks I've been back home I'm held up my end of our "compromising" and discussions. My lab is gone, every PC is out of the house, all of it. Now I need to get it all back becuase apparently it wasn't mine to get rid of. This dumbfounds me. The root to the APPARENT problem my wife and I had has been removed, I haven't opened up my laptop but twice since I've been home. Both time with her present. Yet I need to bring it all back?

The $9K bonus she got less than 10 weeks ago is supposedly gone. I say supposedly becuase I cannot get a straight answer from her about it and every time i try to bring it up, in any way... a huge sh%t storm follows about how I don't make enough $ to be asking her about "her $".

I've already...ALREADY been "warned" if I don't (basically obey) any and all things, a phone call can have me removed again.... WTF?!!??!

And she doesn't like the way I play with my son!! I should be reading to him, not rough housing.

No time to finish this right now....

What to do...what to do...

M
M
call a lawyer immediately. you have been told this numerous times. get an attorney and work on custody of your kids...you need to get out of that house NOW!

If you stay, you will wind up in jail. You have made horrendous decisions against all advice given you...bottom line, if you can't make healthy decisions, expect unhealthy consequences.

M
M
TOMK, are you recording your interaction with your W under those circumstances? I suggest you seriously consider doing so, either via journal or direct means (digital recorder).

BTW, I have one of the new Creative Zen media players. While it's great as a media player, it also makes a great recorder (it has a built-in mike), and its flat design allows you to keep it in your shirt-pocket or elsewhere without drawing attention to itself, and the 4~8GB of internal storage means it can probably record for hours and hours (until the battery gives out, most likely). If you don't have a recorder yet, you may want to consider getting one of those. Just a thought.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
P
P
My lab is gone, every PC is out of the house, all of it. Now I need to get it all back becuase apparently it wasn't mine to get rid of. This dumbfounds me.

Well it dumbfounds me too. What did you do with it? Did your wife do something with it? Where did it go?

You both sound horrendous at managing money, no disrespect. In a marriage, both spouses should be able to account for every penny spent. Ignorance is no excuse. There is so much that seems left out of your posts; I have a hard time piecing a story together. So many things don't add up.

Your wife has control issues *and* dishonesty issues. 9K shouldn't just disappear. Does she gamble? Do drugs?

And boys are supposed to roughouse with their fathers, as long as it doesn't get too rough. What should I say - I skated and played lacrosse with my kids, and I'm a mother.

What to do? Document, document, document. Drugs? Document, photograph. Get your hands on every financial document you possibly can. Search the house from top to bottom. Talk to your lawyer. You are in a very bad situation.

PK

S
S
I know you feel hopeless and helpless. NOTHING is going to change with this woman. YOU MUST take control of your own life. I know you think being in the same home with your youngest son is reason enough to put up with the things you are enduring, BUT it won't work. You are not going to win with this woman. You best bet is to seek help and get out of there. If you leave on your own, and file the proper paper work, she can't keep your son from you the way she did last time.

Please listen to these people on this board! They know what they are talking about. And I would certainly get a recording of her threatening you. She sounds pretty predictable....I doubt you will have any trouble anticipating WHEN she will go off on you.

Me-43
H-44
Married 25 years
1 child- ds9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation