Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
This issue came up in a discussion I'm having off the board and I'd love to hear what some of you guys think about this.

Is the end of the affair and the ground rules for transparency and safety for the BS something that should be POJA'd - or should these things be met by the WS for the BS...and then once safety ground rules are in place, POJA should become the rule of thumb?

My thinking, based on my experience with Steve Harley, is that first comes NC, radical honesty, transparency, etc, as the BS needs, and then POJA can be implemented, but not before.

We talk alot about negotiating the end of the affair around here..and alot about POJA in recovery...

But I am wondering if people are thinking that the BS should negotiate his or her safety with a WS?

What are your thoughts?

~ Pain is a given, misery is optional ~
R
R
My thinking, based on my experience with Steve Harley, is that first comes NC, radical honesty, transparency, etc, as the BS needs, and then POJA can be implemented, but not before.

Hi Rosie,

I asked Steve this very question when coaching with him. Steve responded similar to the above which aligns with your session with him.

B
OP Offline
B
Whew, glad my old brain cells are still working...

I was pretty sure I remembered it that way...but needed a sanity check - thank you thank you.

B
B
But I am wondering if people are thinking that the BS should negotiate his or her safety with a WS?

He11 NO. I agree with you BR.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
_
_
Hi BR,

Thanks for all the help you invested in the Enabling/Controlling thread. Not sure if you've seen how that thread's evolved to Control issues. I've posted my most recent 'event' on my Smiles & Trials 2 thread on the recovery forum. But I will condense and post the results on the Enabling/Controlling thread, too.

I think I got these steps confused, hence DH rebelled against my attempts at what he perceived to be my controlling him. (In hindsight, I think I now know why he may have been right in thinking that.)

Again, thanks! Your insights (and those of many others) have been priceless, especially for mvg and me.

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)
O
O

What are your thoughts?

Not negotiate but establish. This sounds more like a boundary issue to me. A requirement to have an R and for the M to move forward.

POJA takes 2. WS put a greater gap in the R & M. That one has a longer walk back to the R & M. If the BS decides to be patient and allow time for the Xws to catch up, that's up to the BS.

JMHO,
L.

R
R
BR - Was this just a philosophical discussion you were having?

I've always viewed transparency as a binary thing. You are either transparent or are not. There really are not a lot of terms to negotiate.

I don't see a whole lot to be POJA'd, so just curious what was being talked about.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
B
OP Offline
B
hi rprynne - i was talking with someone about their sitch off the board...

but i was tired and having a senior moment where I questioned my own sanity...

lol, i'm better now, thank goodness.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation