Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 42 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 41 42
T
T
HI ss,

First thing that comes to mind is cards and board games. Video games can be work too if you find something you can play together or take turns at. We play pinball and guitar hero. Bowling or golf game we work too because you could all get involved.

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
B
B
SerenitySoon, if money is an issue, I would suggest:

1) Taking a walk/jog at the beach, lake, park.

2) Sports. Basketball, Tennis, etc. if you have a communit court or a public court.

3) Church (tons of stuff for teens and parents)

4) Library (tons of stuff for teens and books for adults)

5) Shopping. Just one outfit for yourself and ask them for help or opinion on what's cool. This will help improve yourself at the sametime.

If you're willing to spend a little money, there are many other options.

BA

G
G
What are some things we can do that don't cost much if anything?

Camping
Hiking
Picnicking
Frisbee throwing at a local park/open area.
Roller skating
Community Theater
Community Choir/Music
Pursue family history - recording family history & stories from grandparents, aunts/uncles, or trace your family tree.
Research local museums, parks, historical attractions.
Have an all-day movie day at home and invite teens' friends (supply popcorn, sodas, cookies, etc.)
Put together a 3-D puzzle
Family board game night

Volunteering:
Food Bank
Soup Kitchen
Habitat for Humanity
Big Brother/Big Sister
"Adopt" an lonely elder
Adopt a mile

Maybe that can get some thoughts and ideas flowing.

graplin #1994748 01/06/08 08:49 PM
T
T
Hi SS,

saw your post to Queenie. Did you get out today? Are you in better spirits?

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
M
M
I'm voting for board games. We just got some new ones for Christmas and are inviting some friends over to play games one night this week.

S
OP Offline
S
Nope didn't get out today... too cold! I hate it when it stays below freezing!!!!

Better spirits though... WH came over for a few hours. We discussed bills again. I showed him what we could do to avoid bankruptcy. He liked what I came up with and even had a couple ideas of his own to add.

While here he received an email from his mom. She didn't "sound" too happy with him, I hope it sinks in. He didn't want to stay for dinner but said he'd probably be by a couple times this week to cook and eat with us. ;-) And he'll be picking up the kids after various activities as usual.

Oh and the kids HATE board games!! I'm hoping to find stuff to do away from the house. We used to do kickboxing that was fun, but it costs too much. I'll take them skating soon.

SerenitySoon
S
OP Offline
S
So I'm reading a book called The Weekend Marriage by Mira Kirshenbaum. Great book!! Too bad I didn't get it about a year ago!!!

SerenitySoon
T
T
Sound s like your making a little headway. If he come bu a couple of time, get all done up for him and see what happens. The eyes tell everyting.

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
S
OP Offline
S
we're chatting on the computer right now. he's at work.

SerenitySoon
T
T
Turn On that Charm!!! I don't know about you but sometimes I think it wold be easier if they just hatted us and told us where to go. This being all guilty and nice drive me crazy sometimes.

Last edited by toomuchtosoon; 01/08/08 07:59 AM.

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
F
F
"This being all quilty and nice drive me crazy sometimes"

Thats what I don't understand, I am on the other side of the fence...I am the WS. I don't understand why you guys have to do all the work. Isn't our job(WS) to be fixing the marriage?? we are the ones who messed up.

S
OP Offline
S
drives me crazy too... but I guess I'm thinking whatever happens between the two of us, we've still got three great kids to finish raising and the better we get along the better it is for the kids. They're all pi**ed at him but won't say anything... guess they really take after us.

SerenitySoon
S
OP Offline
S
our WS aren't sure what they want right now, so we are doing our very best to "win" them back... it's a tough fight when you are up agains their fantasies.

SerenitySoon
F
F
I get that, I do. So do you think plan A would work for someone like me..in the reverse situation?

FixingMe #1994759 01/07/08 11:12 PM
T
T
That’s what I don't understand, I am on the other side of the fence...I am the WS. I don't understand why you guys have to do all the work. Isn't our job(WS) to be fixing the marriage?? we are the ones who messed up.

Difference is Shannon is that just the fact that you are here means that the fog is lifting. Would you have thought the same way a couple of months ago? Congrats on being here, it means allot to us BS to see that WSs can come out of it. It gives up hope.

FBH 44
FWW 41
DD 16
DD 11
F
F
Thanks TMTS, I do understand the difference. The fog has been lifted for about 4 months now since I told my husband about the A. but no I couldn't see being happy with him before that so I do understand. Let me tell you though, a A is very addicting and I will pray for your both and your healing.

FixingMe #1994761 01/07/08 11:21 PM
S
OP Offline
S
ugh!! see we're chatting just fine now online everything is A ok... sometimes I think I can live like this, with him being just my friend, visiting sometimes, but then other times I'm soooo sad and want him to come home... I hate this stupid roller coaster!!

ss

F
F
I can't even imagine what you are going through. I am sorry. All I have to say is it is a complete selfish act and I have learned more from this experience then I have anything else in my life.

FixingMe #1994763 01/07/08 11:57 PM
N
N
(((((Serenity)))))

I missed you hon....and I see you have met my sister....lol.
and you can read about the "good ol' time I had on the Rollercoaster Ride" this weekend. I just want to drop in and say hey, I won't be on too much this week, and hubby took my power cord for a business trip. He asked nicely, actually almost took it back after he said it, but I felt like it would be a nice thing to do. Don't know where that fall under any EN, but oh well. Plus, it is my DD bday tomorrow....my baby is 14. So I will be getting ready for that.

Keep up the good work, and hey, my shoulder is available when you need it.

Not2fun

not2fun #1994764 01/08/08 08:28 AM
S
OP Offline
S
In a couple short weeks my son will be 16 yikes!!!

SerenitySoon
Page 8 of 42 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 41 42

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 431 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation