Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2000593 12/30/07 11:23 PM
S
OP Offline
S
mojo,

I didn't want this to get lost:

I haven't been posting a lot of advice lately because my husband has been at Guantanamo this year and, in all honesty, many threads have been really bad triggers and its put me in a "run, run, run away!' mood for our fellow BSes...and that isn't what they need to hear.

Even recovered BSs have felt like run run run away! I know I have....it's been too crazy. I don't think anyone feels particularly safe right now.

So although I am not 'contributing' as much, I'm still here with everyone in spirit and checking in when I know I won't say anything that might make a newbie BSS bolt when they should just be still.

It must be really hard to be without your husband. I'm so glad he's coming home soon. Yes....there are many triggers for BSs....not just on the board, but everywhere....the tv, the radio, a box of cheerios....it's weird how small things will set the chain of events in motion. And a place like MB can be excruciating.....a real minefield. Ask Mulan....almost everytime she posts (because her H sounds so much like mine) it can still trigger me even after five years and I have to stay away from her threads. But I think you represent alot of people.....those who just read and follow along.....only weighing in when they feel really compelled and passionate.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding....I realized what you probably meant right after I posted. I prefer not to edit because....my mistakes are reminders of what I still need to work on. Again...sorry for the misinterpretation.

star*fish #2000594 12/31/07 01:24 AM
M
M
No problem, really. I was just relieved you realized it!

He's coming home for 10 days and then back until May 3rd. We're going to meet up for a few days alone, no kids, in Nebraska where we met. Then head to Texas to reunite with the kids (well, minus our 20 year old who is moving out on his own in February). After that, we are headed to Atsugi Japan for four years! Can't wait! His job is a very high security position... high enough that our private phone calls aren't private and he lives apart from the general community due to the people he helps guards each day. I'm extremely proud of him.

My biggest hurdle has been resentment lately. Thankfully, the man he's become is helping me get through it. Yep, the threads here can be so hard to deal with... like today, a BS finds out about a secret phone. Makes me want to throttle someone, it really does.

Don't worry any more about the misunderstanding. We're good!

mojodiva #2000595 12/31/07 09:29 AM
S
S
SF, MJ,

Hope it's OK to TJ.

What you say is not very reassuring, ya know. I find the triggers are what make recovery so painful. I had hoped that they would be pretty minimal a few years from now.

Jennifer did give me a procedure to follow when I am dealing with one. But, honestly, when I am dealing with a trigger, I don't feel much like following any procedure. KWIM?

Happily married to HerPapaBear

sexymamabear #2000596 12/31/07 09:50 AM
F
F
But, honestly, when I am dealing with a trigger, I don't feel much like following any procedure. KWIM?

Sure, SMB, we all know what you mean. That's what "triggers" do. But love is a CHOICE, not a reaction. And we also CHOOSE how we respond to triggers and the real feelings that we feel when they hit.

In perhaps a "bad analogy," it's sort of like a diabetic who MUST take insulin. The shots they give themselves DO hurt, but they choose to endure the momentary pain for the benefit of the "goal," health and successful management of the underlying problem.

God bless.

ForeverHers #2000597 12/31/07 10:09 AM
S
S
FH,

My mom is diabetic, so I can understand your comparison. She is not on insulin yet. But I bang my head on the wall sometimes with her not doing what she needs to do.

So, I just need to "follow the procedure" because I KNOW it will make me feel better and be healthier.

Thanks.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

sexymamabear #2000598 12/31/07 10:32 AM
M
M
SMB:

The TRIGGERS do get better over TIME..but the key is TIME...

I had to come to ACCEPT that this has been a major trauma..requiring major healing..

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation