Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
F
FH, you are coming off as very difficult right now, and quite judgemental in spots. Might I suggest that you return to the type of posting in the more mediated manner you used with me? The FH you were when we spoke together on the boards was so different. It was a much better way to talk, and your points were well-spoken and I respected and appreciated the discussion we had. I didn't feel threatened or grow weary of the things you had to say, and it was very easy to talk with you when we did that. I enjoyed it very much, and as you know, I'm not a biblical kind of quoting person, and you were able to meet me at my level. That worked for me, and I think maybe you are at your strength there.

*********edit******

I would submit that "others" have "set the tone" and the "preferred" style of posting on MB for quite some time now and several have left or greatly reduced their participation in MB as a result, a result of an extended period of that sort of activity.

For myself, and I know it will just give*****all sorts of gleeful feelings, I think it's time to follow 2long to some quiet rock formation where we can "argue" and "discuss" origins all day long, knowing that neither one of us will likely ever change our opinions. But I like discussion with 2long because he's intelligent and not afraid to "defend" his positions. And when he tells me to leave, I'll go over to another spot on God's earth and just "be."

But, you are right about one thing concerning my current interractions ***edit*****and it's an indulgence I am no longer willing to allow myself.

Either the system authorities will step in and take some measures to calm things down and reduce the rhetoric, or they won't. Either way, I will "do my part" by removing myself from the hysteria and posting only if I feel like posting to someone, or not. The system isn't ******nor is anyone elses. It belongs to Dr. Harley. The rest of us are guests on his system, a system that was intended to provide for ALL who came seeking help and not as a haven for vigilanteism.

God bless, and thank you for your considerate post Schoolbus.

Last edited by Justuss; 01/02/08 07:46 PM.
G
G
******************edit***************

There have been people driven off who were not proven to be trolls.

When long-term, respected forum members are being called rude names and
have their motives questioned.

When new people leave saying they don't feel safe. Not unsafe because of
the trolls, but unsafe because of the alley-like attitude that some mistake
for passion.

When long-time contributing members start seeing fit to leave or curtail
their posting and point out that it is *because* of the vigilante,
self-righteous atmosphere that permeates this forum emanating from a very
few - that members are more concerned about being RIGHT than being helpful
- then it's much more involved than just a difference in delivery.

It isn't about trolls, as someone pointed out recently. IMO, it is the
over-the-top abusive, disrespectful, uncivil responses from a very few
posters who have given themselves permission to do whatever it takes to
garner a "win" which is displayed in one of two ways - the person they have
decided to target either leaves the forum or stops posting anything that
disagrees with the few.

Last edited by Justuss; 01/03/08 01:16 AM.
F
F
**edit*******.

**edit*********

Last edited by Justuss; 01/02/08 09:02 PM.
J
J
Thank you graplin.

"A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury." I choose not to stand silently and watch such injurious behavior. Mimi asked on one of the "disappeared" threads why so many were willing to stand by with inaction - I was traveling and was downloading threads to read on the road but couldn't reply. I was not purposely inactive. I wanted to stand with you. So here I am now.

Once again, about to hit the road, so all I have time to say is, I agree with graplin. Any non-response on my part is due to travel.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation