Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
For the last 3 week my wife is calling,her calling her,and going to bar after work. He can't drive, lost license, and picks him up, they drink dance whatever. I have confronted them 3 times at the bar, deny deny deny. I have not threatened divorce becasue of our 8 kids. I try to get her to go out woth me and just blows me off, does not want me anymore, except for support money kids, normal stuff. I don't lnow what ot do , we have been to counseling...just seemed to be snickering inside.. said she doesn't respect me, was going to go out with me at one point, then changed her mind and said she wasn't ready. I can't really go out with kids here until after 11PM when kids are out, even then I don't feel right. She started basck to work after 15 years at home, met ladies at work who like to party. She stayed after they left on night and danced with this guy, I fouind out...but again the lies I found out later were unreal. They have got a hold On each other.
Any thoughts...What can I do, thell her to break it off before it's too late, threaten divorce...I DON't KNOW!

B
B
I am sorry for you but it is pretty clear what is going on. She even told you she has no respect for you. She is leading a life as is she was a single woman. She goes to bars at night and hangs with this same man. She even picks him up and they dance and drink. She really does not care what you think.

I would suggest marriage counseling but she acts like she has no interest. I would think about contacting an attorney just to understand your options. No consequences to her actions equals no motivation to change.

N
N
While it not be straight MB advice, you may want to read Slick's post This is the only way you will win after you are betrayed. He brings up some very good points on how you should behave around your WW.

L
L
Hi Timr-
Sorry about your circumstances. Eight kids? Are they all yours and hers?

BS (me) 40
WW 38
DD 10
DS 7
Got "I don't love you" letter 8/05.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 939 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec
71,837 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation