Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 95 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 94 95
C
C
But when you bring up Rex Harrison I go right to thinking of Audrey Hepburn from My Fair Lady.

Forgot all about Elmer Bernstein.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 05:23 PM. Reason: that rabbit's dynamite

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Breakfast At Tiffany's

'nuff said

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 05:26 PM. Reason: shut up and go and change your armor

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
OP Offline
S

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
THE best ever "little black dress"!!

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 05:29 PM. Reason: you sold me a dead parrot!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
[font:Arial Black]YESSIREEBOB![/font]

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
I CAN'T WAIT to see how mimi handles the NEW TOYS in her POSTS.

Last edited by chrisner; 03/28/08 05:34 PM. Reason: how are things in Zululand?

S
OP Offline
S
I would love to see her get a good rant on...

Last edited by silentlucidity; 03/28/08 06:03 PM. Reason: Shut your festering gob, you tit!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
So Many new toys. It's really overload.

Last edited by sdguy038; 03/28/08 07:29 PM. Reason: A Moose once bit mi sister
M
M
Y'all are TOOO FUNNY!!

You know where my mind goes when you mention "toys"...

Last edited by mimi_here; 03/28/08 07:40 PM. Reason: for middle-aged adult eyes only

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
Oh, ours, too.

Last edited by sdguy038; 03/28/08 09:41 PM. Reason: Not only did I get scooped on the moose line, but I put it on the wrong thread. Wonder how long a reason for edit can be, anyway.
S
S
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
It's STINKIN' THINKIN'--ST (as SC so eloquently puts it).

SL I can't really take credit for this. I read it on another thread and liked it so i used it. But hey it works for me wink

Last edited by Still_Crazy; 03/29/08 07:54 AM. Reason: nothing just had to keep it going
M
mvg Offline
M
I felt like some power had been stripped from me when PWC did not respond to my changes.

That's ST!!!

Now you're on track!!!!
Then I realized I needed to make those changes, regardless of what anyone else said or did in response. Then I realized I DO have power, over myself and my environment, to an extent, and to what enters my life. Even power of my happiness became apparent.

You ARE an inspiration to BS's not only to those beginning the journey but also to those at the brick wall. WAY TO GO SL! Head held high, confident, and positive outlook.

EA4-7/07,Dday7/29,NC 7/30/07
ME 47 WH 48
Married 30 yrs.
2 DD,4 GC
Found out
Learning
C
C
SL,

I don't visit the boards that much and i post even more infrequently but I have been shadowing this thread for a long time and I just wanted to say that I wish I had a friend like you here in Florida lol.

You have a great head on that shoulder of yours and you ARE gonna get beyond this.

Some of the memorable quotes over the past few months that struck a personal chord for me:

I totally have this worry

PWC doesn't deal well with adversity. DS is going to get tougher to deal with as he grows older. Harder questions, more guidance, more trouble. HE will also grow to understand people, emotions, actions much better as he ages. In the absence of me, providing a soft place to fall, I wonder if he'll be able to have a strong relationship with his son.

I hope he can do it. I just don't have nearly as much faith as I used to. Only time will tell.

my stbxw is already on this phase... went to the beach with OM and our son couldn't get her on the phone all day today. (he threw up six times last night with the flu and wanted to talk to her)

I believe PWC will find another lady and put her first (or rather, put his needs to be with someone to make him feel better, first) and his son will take a back seat. Gosh, I so hope not. There's nothing for me to do about that, and it's in the future, so I'm not going to think on that more right now .

Dylan will thank you one day for this

I prescribe to the train of thought that if his mom is healthy and happy, he will gather experience from that which will help him along his way.

and finally this is something I posted about in that forgiveness thread... I feel the same way

I don't KNOW if forgiveness and letting go are one and the same, but the act of letting go is what I am pursuing. When I do, let go, that is, I feel better, I function better, I give better, I recieve better. Maybe that is really what *I* need to do. Again, I learned as a child that forgiveness was something asked for and given in exchange.

Isn't the Christian perspective TO forgive? I suppose I'm a little confused on that one, then.

I'm certainly not looking for PWC to change, so the alternative is ridding my life of the pain, by doing a Plan B of sorts, for life. When I imagine him REmarrying, it just fires me up. It hasn't happened, though, so I need to stop that line of thinking. I'm hoping, by the time that happens, it will only sting a little, because I will fully have embraced that those are HIS choices and have nothing to do with me, or my worth.

I'm also trying to recognize my part in all of this mess, so that I don't make the same mistakes in the future. The fact is, I chose this man. Why did I do that? It's about fixing me and acceptance of my past choices. It's about letting go the past, and embracing today.

Maybe, for me, that's the ultimate. Forgiving myself.

FBH, 39
Now a primary custody dad
New life began June 2008
W
W
What's the scoop, my friend?

Any PWC epiphanies?

How's DS doing?

How's your back/neck been doing? The extra stress can't be helping.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Ah Foxy, my lady, thanks for asking.

Well, PWC is STILL in the house. I just sent an email asking him to get to gettin. I told him that I know I cannot force him, but this situation is taking it's toll on me and it is my wish that he leave.

I know it takes time to get an apartment, but he's only going on the weekends, it seems, and then it seems lots of time taken in the interim to make a decision. I dunno what's going on. I think he's just looking for the perfect solution for him. I'm just hoping he finds a place with heat and cooling, space for our son and a roof.

I know all things will come with time, but it always seems that I'm the one making the concessions. I try to ask nicely, and feel like asking nicely means that it's OKAY to take lotsa time. UGH!

I'm pretty sure DS is catching wind that SOMETHING isn't right, since his dad sleeps on the couch every night. OY! What a mess.

DS hasn't asked any questions or shown any signs that he's struggling, but I've got my eyes opened. I'm trying to enroll him in baseball, but I'm a little late for the Boys and Girls club (urrrgh!). I've been so preoccupied with OTHER stuff, out in la la land, that I forgot, until I recieved a packet in his school stuff about camps, and then, BOING, I remembered. With DS being sick and all last week, it just skipped my mind.

The neck is on and off giving me problems, but structurally, according to the X-ray, is still aligned properly. Doc can't tell if it's fusing yet or not; too soon (only 3 months--could take well over a year). I'm in pretty good spirits, despite all this weirdness.

I have developed a weird rash on my torso, probably related to the massive stress. Weird weird weird.

I know that things won't necessarily be easier when PWC moves out. DS will have major issues, I'm sure, so there'll be a challenge there, but I'll not have to see him everyday, which could at least give me some reprieve.

This is just so disappointing, so sad, such a waste. It just all seems so stupid to me. Hopefully, I will learn someday what this was all for. I suppose there isn't neccesarily a reason for this, but it would make it so much better to know that some good could come of this. Is that even possible?

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
H
H
SL- you can't predict the future. And if I may say, don't go "borrowing" trouble. Your DS may have issues and he may not. It may be better for PWC to be gone and the stress level to go waaaaaay down. As to whether they have a relationship- you do what YOU can do, remember you CAN'T do his part. And if he doesn't do it, DS still has one happy, healthy, sane, honorable parent. Heck, Chrisner's daughter is doing waaaaay better now and can we really say he's sane???? happy, healthy, honorable, sure, but sane may be pushing it... grin

You don't know and all you can do is your best, which you are already doing. Be honest with him at the level he can understand, and love him. My children were 3 and 6 when my first H and I divorced and I moved 1200 miles away. They are ornrey, for sure, now that they're 14 and 17, but definitely well-adjusted and normal.

What do they say- worrying about something you can't control just makes you really really crazy? so stop worrying about that and just focus on what you can control- which we all know is NOT PWC.

You are wonderful, your son is wonderful, and right now I'm sure a lot of the stress is fear of the unknown. YOu will survive and THRIVE. You will.

HTH

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
S
OP Offline
S
You're right HTH, about control. I know that I can't control PWC, and have no real interest in it. I only know what's happened when PWC left previously, and it was really tough on DS. I certainly don't hope that it's hard on DS; I hope for the best.

Now that DS is a bit older, he may be able to express himself with words much better and may not take things as tough as before, because he will be heard. Hope so.

I'm on the high hormone side of things right now too, and the surge makes the emotions run a bit higher. Totally controllable, really. I vent here, and do NOT take it home. Plus, any 2x4s help me regain perspective.

The negativity tends to seep in . I think I'm going to take a couple of minutes to meditate before getting back to work.

I have absolutely no idea what the future brings, even the next minute in time and it is quite futile to spend much time on it.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
Originally Posted by howtoheal
SL- you can't predict the future. And if I may say, don't go "borrowing" trouble. Your DS may have issues and he may not. It may be better for PWC to be gone and the stress level to go waaaaaay down. As to whether they have a relationship- you do what YOU can do, remember you CAN'T do his part. And if he doesn't do it, DS still has one happy, healthy, sane, honorable parent. Heck, Chrisner's daughter is doing waaaaay better now and can we really say he's sane???? happy, healthy, honorable, sure, but sane may be pushing it... grin

You don't know and all you can do is your best, which you are already doing. Be honest with him at the level he can understand, and love him. My children were 3 and 6 when my first H and I divorced and I moved 1200 miles away. They are ornrey, for sure, now that they're 14 and 17, but definitely well-adjusted and normal.

What do they say- worrying about something you can't control just makes you really really crazy? so stop worrying about that and just focus on what you can control- which we all know is NOT PWC.

You are wonderful, your son is wonderful, and right now I'm sure a lot of the stress is fear of the unknown. YOu will survive and THRIVE. You will.

HTH

EXACTLY!!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the well placed 2x4 my friends, no more ST for me today.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Hi SL. Caught this on the Forgiveness thread:

"Edit Reason: just trying to let go, struggling today"

I am thinking of you. {{{{{SL}}}}}

Last edited by chrisner; 04/02/08 12:20 PM. Reason: you are one amazing lady

Page 38 of 95 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation