Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 149 of 339 1 2 147 148 149 150 151 338 339
M
M
Queenie,

The scriptures tell us we are to love others as we love ourselves.

How can we love others and place value on them when we do not love and value ourselves?

If we are loved by God, how can we second guess Him?

If He values us and our feelings, how can we accept less from ourselves?

How much value does He place on us? He says "See? I have engraved you on the palms of my hands..."

If He said nothing else...Dayenu!

When Adam and Eve sinned, He provided covering for them so that they might stand before Him unashamed. A substitutionary sacrifice was made so that they might be acceptable to Him.

When He promised Israel that He would go with her and lead her to the land He had promised through Abraham, He kept that promise.

When He gave the Law at Sinai, He made His people an example for all the world to see so that all would know that He was actively involved in their lives each day.

When He rescued David from his enemies, He proved that He cares for those that love Him.

When He kept the remnant safe during captivity, He proved that He had a plan just as He promised through Jeremiah.

When He began to bring His people home after centuries of dispersion, He was actively showing his care for them though the world despised them and hated them.

And He showed us exactly how he forgives each of us in spite of our own selfish ways and the fact that we have chased after other "gods" and made our own selfish desires more important than Him in our lives when He told us of how Hosea redeemed his wife in spite of her adulterous ways.

If He had done nothing else at all, Dayenu!

He has shown us His love, how can we not love ourselves?

Mark

L
L

:...and more importantly, you really need to TAKE CARE of yourself....because, as you can tell, affairs are a tough gig to overcome!
This BY FAR is the HARDEST thing in all of this. Either I haven't come to a point where I care about myself yet or I just simply still don't believe I am worth it. But I am working on it and continue to act as if.

Queenie...we set the standard of how we want to be treated .... with respect and care? ....then we need to treat ourselves (and learn to treat others!) with respect and care... show the way....and plan B anyone, never mind WSs, that will not treat us so...

...we cannot DEMAND/CONTROL anyone to ACT in any particular way.... we can only REMOVE ourselves from being part of a DANCE we don't want to dance (plan B in a nutshell!)

...simple to say, hard to do...

so...continue to ACT as IF....and keep doing what you are doing....and one day....without even realizing it.....you will get to...ACT, period.

(((((((((((((((QUEENIE))))))))))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Q
OP Offline
Q
Mark,

He has shown us His love, how can we not love ourselves?
I hadn't thought of it like that.

Dayenu

Mimi,

I'm learning to do this. Progress not perfection.

Luna,

You are so right. I never even knew that I was being treated badly. It's all I have ever known. From a little girl on up. And so becoming aware of it has been a hard thing for me to even notice. You can't change what you don't recognize.

But it's something I am asking G-d for guidance and help in working on.

One day, I will be that person who will accept respect as the given and have it as a part of my life always. That will be my norm.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
ONE DAY is TODAY, I told ya...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by mimi_here
ONE DAY is TODAY, I told ya...

Today I am teaching myself to have respect around me at all times, and learning to walk away from situations where it is not present.

Today I am a person who treats herself with LOVE, DIGNITY, and GRACE...

Today I am a woman of G-d who deserves nothing but the best and will work everyday to achieve that.

Today I treat myself with love and respect for who I am because G-d loves me just the way I am. Even though I am still evolving. smile

BETTER?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Even though I am still evolving.

YOU ARE EVOLVED into WHO YOU ARE TODAY!!

I think you are wanting to hang onto to some OLD STUFF..LET GO!!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by mimi_here
Even though I am still evolving.

YOU ARE EVOLVED into WHO YOU ARE TODAY!!

I think you are wanting to hang onto to some OLD STUFF..LET GO!!

I WIN... I do NOT want to HOLD onto ANYTHING... I want the PAST to be the PAST and move to my NEW LIFE....

I am EVOLVED INTO WHO I AM TODAY. Actually that REALLY IS THE TRUTH. I HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO BECOME THE GODDESS I AM TODAY AND I AM DARN PROUD OF HER. AND LIKE HER....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
I HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO BECOME THE GODDESS I AM TODAY AND I AM DARN PROUD OF HER. AND LIKE HER....

Now get to know her... grin

Mark

A
A
Queenie;

I need to talk to somebody today, I am very low, I feel very bad.
I know one day you told me that if I needed to e-mail you to do it, that it was ok with you, but you never posted your e-mail address.
Please...I do not know what to do...

Angie. cry

Q
OP Offline
Q
broessle@tahomasd.us

I'm right here, email away.

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 04/21/08 06:12 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Quote:I HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO BECOME THE GODDESS I AM TODAY AND I AM DARN PROUD OF HER. AND LIKE HER....

Now get to know her...

I AM... I just didn't realize it.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Hi Queenie-

I've been around but it's a busy life with YS and all the kids still here. But, it makes things cozy for those April snows...(I thought it was supposed to be April showers)grin

I was so proud of you for wearing your green dress. You definitely have found the goddess within.

I also want to let you know that I so appreciate how transparent you have been on your journey. You may never know how many lurkers you have helped just by sharing your story.

Hang in there-God has the best ahead.

"I know the plans I have for you" say the Lord God, "plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer. 29:11

How was your Passover?

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi there Miss JT,

I miss you so much. I am not sure I have been any more transparent than anyone else, but thank you. As much as I have FAITH in G-d, if I can be of service to him on here, then I have to be grateful for that.

Passover was pretty nice. I'm glad that I took my YS. It's important that I keep up our traditions so they know that it was a part of us and not just convenient. But that was my son, so I have to be thankful he stood up.

Thanks for the compliment on the dress. It's funny, most people all they commented on was my tan and where did I get it. When I coped that it was fake and bake they had nothing but criticism. I just stood my ground, so I liked it and left it at that and walked away. It's amazing to me how I must have given permission to disrespect me or feel like there "concern" is ok.

This weather is something else for sure. Hopefully it isn't a forecast of summer to come. I am looking forward to the apt and a pool to sit by.

I know G-d has plans for me. I just have to keep on walking until he's ready to unveil them. smile

It just easier some days.

I'm glad your life is busy. It helps the healing process and passing time. How are you doing? How is your health? Almost done with WASL. Yahoo... Then onto next year's stuff.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Hi there!!!

I just got home like two hours ago!!! Sorry I couldn't call you!!! can it be tomorrow? are you available???

I went to my first IC...and the international bridges are so busy that it has become a real hastle to cross them!!!

Just thought I drop by so say Hi!!!

Thank you for your willingness to help!! You are awesome.

(((((((((Queenie)))))

Angie

P
P
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
Thanks for the compliment on the dress. It's funny, most people all they commented on was my tan and where did I get it. When I coped that it was fake and bake they had nothing but criticism. I just stood my ground, so I liked it and left it at that and walked away. It's amazing to me how I must have given permission to disrespect me or feel like there "concern" is ok.

Queenie next time just respond with "where do you THINK I got it?" (with a wink and a smile while walking away) or even say "that's a pretty rude question, don't you think?" (with a wink and a smile while walking away). You don't OWE anyone an explanation. It's NOTB.

I don't think you gave anyone permission to disrespect you, some people are just idiots. It really doesn't matter what they think -- it's what YOU think and believe about yourself.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
I don't think you gave anyone permission to disrespect you, some people are just idiots. It really doesn't matter what they think -- it's what YOU think and believe about yourself.

Today I think I am a good person who I am getting to know better and better. One who I like and one who I am proud of.

I believe that I deserve the best that G-d wants to bless me with and am willing to serve him in anyway I can.

smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT YOU, TODAY!!

Q
OP Offline
Q
why thank you Mimi.....

smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
I'm really just working through this thing. So bear with me.

For so long I couldn't like myself for my behaviors, blah.. blah.. blah.

Now I do like who I am today, but I wasn't able to admit that because I am not who I want to be. And so to admit that would say that I have become.

It dawned on me at my throne smile That who I am today is someone who likes herself, but that she isn't satisfied and continues to evolve and change herself as G-d needs her to.

I kept thinking that I had to end up as this person and then I could love myself. But I have to learn to accept myself who I am today and love myself today. Where I end up tomorrow doesn't matter because if I love myself today, then I am walking in G-ds plan for me.

Does this make sense at all?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Now I've got YOU talking like Dr. Seuss.. crazy

Page 149 of 339 1 2 147 148 149 150 151 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation