Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
I was like everybody else. Searching sites looking for answers. Most of what I found was "how to cheat" sites, "send me $50 and I'll send you a book that will make her come home" sites, and the "we are betrayed, lets all cry about it" sites. I was reading a forum on one of these sites and somebody asked another person if they wanted to try and save the marriage, recommended this place, and that's where I headed and never left. It was probably one of the veterans here, but I couldn't tell you who or what site I was on.

The first thing that caught my attention was all of the free material on the site, simply unheard of on other sites, which I read a few times over. Then I checked out the forum for a week or so before I decided to jump in.

This place saved my life and I will be eternally grateful

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
Q
Q
This place saved my life and I will be eternally grateful
I ditto this....

And one way to show my gratitude is to learn everything I can and serve G-d by being there for those who come after me and giving to them the way everyone gave to me and does so each day.

This place is a sad place to have to come to, but once here it is the most amazing support system that has impacted my life in ways I can't even understand yet.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
I Googled, I came, I saw, I read, I posted, I networked, I conquered.....

WE recovered.

Thanks, MB.

SB

M
M
Amen to that, SB. smile MB is, far and away the BEST marriage recovery board I have found on the internet.

I suppose if I actively looked for the negative, I could find it anywhere. I am glad I was able to overlook the flaws and see the absolute GOOD here. The result has been a wonderful marriage and amazing sense of fulfillment helping others gain the same thing. God Bless Bill Harley. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

_
_
Originally Posted by Aphaeresis
What drew me here? Well, not a what, but a who - Larry. (Hi, Larry!) He found me on another site, suggested this one, and along with other people helped pull me out of my fog.

Hi Aphaeresis. . .

You were not a tough sell. Given that you have brains, you saw the holes in your own logic and were ready to take a look at alternatives to the way you were thinking.

Sometimes I wonder how the "Another site" is doing, but not enough to wander over there. The owner of the site is using her brains to offer up counterfeit and red herring positions with nothing that helps people live with themselves in common decency.

I am so glad you came here and learned and adapted to your own situation from those better positioned to offer truth telling as a standard.

Larry

E
ezb Offline
E
My W leaving me is what drew me here. I have woken up to a nightmare and I can only hope and pray I can save my marriage now before her love bank is not the only one empty.

Going into recovery now so I can be a better person for my children and for me.
L
L
Rather like someone else posted, I googled affairs, seperation, how to keep spouse etc, and over and over agaim MB came up. It didnt ask for money for some books and cd's. It had so much free info I could look at and let slowly sink in. Yes I think after initially finding out about the A, BS have a mini fog that takes a few days to move thru.
I stay here because I am supported, people are positive, and I can see some progress, where as the other site I looked at, I never saw progress, although I did buy the book smile
I find being able to go back to the info on this site over and over again helpful, because sometimes I dont really understand, or I am not able to let sink in what I read the first time.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation