Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 151 of 339 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 338 339
L
L
Hey Queenie...hope you're having a good day!

I notice that when WH left, the chaos in our life stopped. But I seem to be trying to put chaos/drama into my life again and I need to STOP THIS BEHAVIOR. My old patterns are way more comfortable, but they aren't good for me or who I want to be.

GREAT realization...and one I share along with many others here, no doubt.

Funny thing is, I grew up w/ way too much drama...and it was one of the things that attracted me to WW...boy, would I not make THAT mistake again, now that I'm so much older and wiser... wink

Mimi, interesting stuff on ACOA...my wife is one, and has read Gravitz's "Recover: A guide for Adult Children of Alcoholics"...any other suggestions? ...end of t/j.

Sunny skies over here on the Island... Isn't Spring starting to smell great?!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by mimi_here
A little more BRAIN DAMAGE won't hurt ya...

I am thinking you might be right. I'm just not into physical pain. And I can't take anything worthwhile to soften the blow.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
L2F,

Sunny skies over here on the Island... Isn't Spring starting to smell great?!
Ah that would be a negatory on this side of the water.

It's cold, cloudy, and threatening either rain, snow or hail.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
Okay Queenie, it's been almost 24 hours since you posted. What's up? You okay?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Princess,

Yeah, I'm good. There was a sighting of WH last night at game which tweaked me, but I am purposefully not talking about it to give it brain power. I think I am failing abit as I keep thinking about it.

My OS has his senior night tonight and then a game and at halftime his tiger team is doing an exhibition game. I remember last year being with WH and talking about how we get to enjoy this time together next year and here it is. It's a special night and my son only has one parent. I just hurt for him.

I did talk to my sponsor about my need to stir up stuff for drama and agreed to write about it.

Thanks for asking....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Well change that. My DD just called and WH called her. WH plans to be there tonight.

I just want to throw up. How do I handle this in Plan B?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
I would go and hold my head up high and enjoy myself!

M
M
Scope things out so that you can see him FIRST and he can't see you...

If that's not possible, surround yourself with lots of people..

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ENGAGE WITH HIM AT ALL!!

((((QUEENIE))))

My son was a Senior, too, during THAT YEAR...YUCK...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Q
OP Offline
Q
OH GOODNESS,

Hopefully you will be proud of me and what I did. smile

First I went to tanning, then went home and changed my shirt to a beautiful blue that is very unique. It gathers around the front top and has and uneven bottom that gives a more slimming appearance.

Fortunately I saw him walk up before me because I had been walking around the track. I walked onto the field and we were in alpha order, so I got to be the last. Remembering that Plan A and Plan B were about me, I went running across the field, took off my vest, so that my new body was revealed, ran back into line and laughed and talked and had a blast. NOT ONCE looking up at him straight on. My son and I met at the middle of the field, we gave each other a HUGE hug and then held hands as we walked down the field to get our pictures taken. Smiling and laughing the whole time. I looked awesome.. Good color, major tan, my hair down incredible and my make up perfect.

OS when waiting to meet with me, was over on the opposite side, laughing and having a blast. He hadn't seen his dad yet. So, then we took a parents and group shot and I beamed and laughed and had a blast. Then I walked over to the table, got my vest, ran acrosse the field to get the scorebook, not once looking up at him. And then a friend walked with me around the track over to the other side. The whole time we were laughing and having fun. Sincerely actually.

Game time, I got to keep score. Oh yes, right before the game started OS noticed he was there and turned to me and looked at me in disgust. I just acknowledged what he realized, got up and walked over to OS and gave him a huge hug and told him how proud and how much I loved him. And at half time he left. I peeked a few looks, but I was having a blast being animated, happy and living in my new life.

At halftime, my son's tiger team were on the field playing, but WH had left before so he didn't get to experience OS as a mentoring person. His loss. Truly.

Miss Mimi,

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ENGAGE WITH HIM AT ALL!!
NOT ONE WORD, NOT ONE LOOK. NOT ANYTHING THAT WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE HIS PRESENCE.

I have to admit, I did look at him when I could, but it was from across the field and my head was always at an angle so it wasn't obvious.

I did notice one person came over and walked in front of him, sat down and then got up. It was a friend of mine. WH said hi, so he answered back and then said, you haven't been to too many games and WH just agreed. Friend had no interest in talking to him, got up and left. I did ask friend how he looked and he said bad.

Programs were handed out. OS's best friend's mom was passing them out, standing right by WH and looked right passed him, didn't say one word and WH spoke to get one.

So, all in all, did I do a good job? I looked outstanding and I knew it. I understand that as soon as the season is over, there are to be no more sightings. But this gave me the opportunity to ignore WH and show him I am moving on and it almost felt like it.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
BRAVA!!! Great job, Queenie!

Equally as important, your DSs also enjoyed the event as much as you did.

I did ask friend how he looked and he said bad

No doubt he looked as bad as you looked good! I know that plan B is all about you, but still, a little vengeance can't hurt, eh? wink

Hoooray for Queenie!!!

If God is a DJ, life is a dance floor, you get what you're given, it's all how you use it... Pink
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks L2F,

I was hoping it wasn't considered vengence, but more like this is what you are missing and be careful. You could lose it forever.

I have to be honest, when I left work after learning he was going to be there, I put my faith in G-d and prayed to him for guidance on how to act like he wanted me to and be the woman he wanted me to and give me the strength to walk through it the way he wanted me to.

And he DID. Other than my heart beating too fast, there wasn't any sadness in my heart because I just believe that one day this has to end and he will come home. And whatever G-d needs me to walk through I will because I have FAITH that my M will be restored one day.

One day....hopefully soon. smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
N
N
(((((((Queenie)))))))

THAT was MAGNIFICENT....I am so incrediably proud of you. You are truly a ray of light in the gloominess of your families struggles. You are showing your sons how strong a woman you are. Be proud.

And I am so glad you had fun too....and the stuff about venegence??? Don't worry about it...I have long thought that the best revenge is to be the best you can be, and let them see how much they are missing....

Know what my WS said to me tonight??? That he and BOW had gotten to the point that they knew that if they were going to end up together, they would only have each other....how sad is that???? I didn't reply or anything...mostly I was just letting him talk....(it wasn't a bad talk or about what it is I am not doing...he was just trying to get his feelings out and I was letting him....), but I couldn't help but think that having to depend on ONE person for everything, is it worth it??? ok...I will stop trying to understand the wayward brain again....

Anyway, stand tall my friend....and I am sure WS took much notice of you tonight....because it sounds like the whole place surely did.....

Get some sleep love.....I need to do the same thing....just having a rough "moment" right now and this was just the thing to pick my spirits back up......

not2fun

A
A
Hey!!

Good girl!!! God should be very proud of you.
I am happy that you do not feel sad, that says a lot about you.

And whatever G-d needs me to walk through I will because I have FAITH that my M will be restored one day.

One day....hopefully soon.

I really believe in my heart that God is going to do it. Not only because you have decided to honor him by honoring your M, but because of your obedience.
You have become an obedient person. Not only have you obeyed God but I noticed that you are obedient to the wise advices from Mimi.
That is very hard to do for a lot of us!! frown
I wish I could really obey God like you!!

You are truly an inspiration!!
Keep it up!!

A...

J
J
*Stands and applauds*

Queenie.. you are a MAGNIFICENT woman.

I'm so proud just to know you, and a little envious of your little successes.

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ will Himself restore, establish, and strengthen you." 1 Peter 5:10

Sounds like God's pouring in the strength for you girl. You are truly blessed, as are the rest of us to have crossed your path.

J

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
P
P
Awesome job Queenie! I'm sure the light shining in you was blinding to WH. You rawk!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
and I am sure WS took much notice of you tonight....because it sounds like the whole place surely did.....
Honestly, I don't know whether he did or didn't. I wasn't looking at him. wink

I know that I enjoyed myself.

How did you sleep last night? I woke up a few times, but nothing bad.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thank you Princess, James and Angie,

You have become an obedient person. Not only have you obeyed God but I noticed that you are obedient to the wise advices from Mimi.

I have to be honest, Mimi's piece by piece instructions in Plan A are what brought me to this point of Plan B. She has what I want and I'm not about to not listen to her words of wisdom. I think they call it duplication is Amway. My best thinking got me here.

G-d is giving me a new lease on life and uses those on here to instruct me. I'm not about to think I know better. I'm just not always sure I am completely getting what she says. Like the engaging part.

Eh Mimi? Did I engage or not last night?

I'm so proud just to know you, and a little envious of your little successes.
Because you and I are willing to walk through what G-d is having us do, any success I have is also yours and everyone elses. We are short changing the process, but learning and growing as he WANTS us to.

Last night I truly prayed for G-d to fill me with strength and be the person he wanted me to be. I only hope it pleased him.

I am the blessed one to have found this website, and it's been my blessings to have you in my life, not the other way around. However, I am so grateful for who I am today, and if I can help someone, then that's a blessing as well.

smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
I thought I had already told you how WONDERFULLY you did, you FABULOUS GODDESS, YOU!!

The teacher forgets to commend her "A" students... blush

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I thought I had already told you how WONDERFULLY you did, you FABULOUS GODDESS, YOU!!

The teacher forgets to commend her "A" students... blush

No ma'am you didn't and I waited for you. smile

Thank you. I really was hoping that I did ok. In the future, is complete darkness with WH not getting a look at me at all, or what I did really ok and to do it if I keep getting the chance?

An "A". Oh thank you....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
COMPLETE darkness is BEST but I knew you wouldn't want to miss this SENIOR EVENT!

Mortarman recommended for me to HIDE from my WH when we had to be at the same event.

Page 151 of 339 1 2 149 150 151 152 153 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation