Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 154 of 339 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
There is nothing to apologize for. I just wanted to make sure you knew how much I missed you.

I understand about being on here and remember the pain of the A. Somedays I want to just scream and kick at how people react in this, but then I remember that it's there walk and they are doing the best they can.

I think I am just so jealous of those whose marriages are recovering and they don't want to do the work or whatever they need to do to take care of themself. It just floors me.

I think that's when I go to the why me or why not me mode and I have to NOT go there.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
All I can say Queenie is that things seem to be getting better with time, and I'm sure you're feeling that too in your own life.

I'm trusting God in ways I've never allowed myself before. I'm more devoted to my faith and making the best out of my life now than perhaps I've ever been. That is a lasting blessing that I will take away from this experience whatever the outcome.

I am blessed.. and so are you.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
OP Offline
Q
I'm trusting God in ways I've never allowed myself before. I'm more devoted to my faith and making the best out of my life now than perhaps I've ever been. That is a lasting blessing that I will take away from this experience whatever the outcome.

I am blessed.. and so are you.
Yes I am.

I too am so grateful for my relationship with G-d and how he has protected me and watched over me.

Tell me how you are doing it though? It helps to remind me.

By the way, if you have a chance, pop over to redberries and see what is being written. Tell me what you think about her staying in Plan A?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
I'm doing it the exact same way you are Queenie.

It's no big secret. Prayer, Fasting, Trust, Faith, Hope.. and the inevitability of having to live -my- life every day, with or without her in it.

One day at a time is how I'm doing it hon.. it's how we're all doing it.

In the confrontation between the river and the rock, the river always wins... not through strength, but by perseverance.

God is like this in our lives.. wearing down the walls we build to keep Him out.. I've got faith he will work in WW's life as he loves her so very much, as I do.. and probably even more than I do.. but will it be in time to save the M? Only God knows the answer to that question.

I keep asking Him to remove the obstacles in our lives that are keeping us from being able to come together and be the people He wants us to be.. whether that is man and wife, or friendly coparents.. I -will- rejoice either way in the fulfillment of God's will for my life.

As for advising people in or out of Plan A.. I really am not a good person to ask. I've made a pretty elegant failure out of my Plan A, and am really at a point where I can ONLY Plan A.. but at this point it starts looking like appeasement all over again.

For me.. I'm keeping enough distance to keep me sane. If Red isn't legally bound into anything at this point.. I HIGHLY recommend Plan B... but regardless of how many people she has telling her to hit that point.. she won't go there until she is ready... and shouldn't.

Last edited by Jamesus; 04/30/08 01:49 PM. Reason: Added stuff about Plan A and RedBerry

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
M
M
Queenie:

Don't let me come back here and find out that you've been doing some of that STINKIN THINKIN...

You're a TREASURE...

Don't compare yourself to others...

YOU ARE YOU...

This is your life..your journey..

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Q
OP Offline
Q
{{{{{{{{James}}}}}}}}}

I -will- rejoice either way in the fulfillment of God's will for my life.
I keep praying for this as well. And praying to do his will and not mine.

Please don't stay too far away, your strength helps to ground me back to G-d and it's so important for me.

Don't let me come back here and find out that you've been doing some of that STINKIN THINKIN...
YES MA'M

Don't compare yourself to others...
YES MA'M

YOU ARE YOU...

This is your life..your journey..
And G-d's will to lead me where he wants me to go. I gave up that control. I just want to please him and see where it takes me.

I love you Mimi. I am going to miss you SO MUCH. Take care of yourself and have the most amazing, magnificent, incredible trip and know that your GODDESSES will be thinking of you and your well deserved happiness.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Never fear Queenie.. like a bad penny I'll keep turning up wink

New church sign on the way into work this morning: Don't give up! Remember, even Moses was once a 'basket' case.

Had me laughing for a good block and a half.. God's good to us.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C
James, that was a very cute quote! I'm going to remember that one.

Queenie, hope DS is doing OK, and you too. Did you get your $ from WH? He's probably hurting a little on the financial side right now. Too bad....

I love you and you are the greatest. Talk soon.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Never fear Queenie.. like a bad penny I'll keep turning up wink

New church sign on the way into work this morning: Don't give up! Remember, even Moses was once a 'basket' case.

Had me laughing for a good block and a half.. God's good to us.

Good morning,

You are right, G-d is good. I think I am going to start praying for my eyes to be open to his words to me. I keep asking for signs, but I am wondering if they are right in front of me and I am not getting it.

I made a comment in my meeting on Sunday night, that G-d had this brick he wanted to hit me with and was throwing it at me full force, no need for me to hide or get out of the way, just stand there and take it because it was coming. And hit by the brick it was.

Like you, I get this sitch is really about our relationships between G-d and ourselves. How it plays out, well is still and always will be in G-ds hands. But you and I are back in G-ds fold and learning the lessons that we need to as they come up. Sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. But still learning. I can only think that G-d is proud of us for that.

Hey Chai,

No, WH still hasn't deposited S. Since I am in Plan B, I am working very hard at not going to the reasons why he isn't paying. I think it would get my caught up in his drama and I am working hard at not doing that.

So, I have no clue. However, it is affecting me and I am just cleaning my side of the street by contacting the A and letting him handle it.

How are you doing?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
You are right, G-d is good. I think I am going to start praying for my eyes to be open to his words to me. I keep asking for signs, but I am wondering if they are right in front of me and I am not getting it.

I dunno Queenie.. God's sometimes pretty blunt.. at least with me He has been.

Church signs have been the main thing for me.. at auspicious moments I've had ones such as:

'So you've been looking for a sign? Here's one!' - God (Showed up along the side of the road WHILE I was praying for a sign telling me that it wasn't yet time to give up)

"Do your best and let God do the rest."

"God wants us to BE STILL so that He can untangle the knot."

"If you pray and never receive your miracle. STAY TUNED, God has something even better planned for you."

There've been more but these are ones that really stand out to me in the recent past.

PLUS.. for those keeping track with the email devotionals we receive. In the last 9 months I've had 4 Covenant Transport trucks show up.. always on my 'down' days.. like little reassurances.

Other things have happened too.. the songs that are on the clock radio every morning when I wake up even have been little communique's from God... If you believe that God WANTS to have a relationship with you.. you've got to also believe that he'll use the best means possible to execute His end of the conversation.. we've just got to be tuned in.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
OP Offline
Q
I like the signs you get.

I can't say I am not getting them, just I am maybe not paying enough attention.

I might even pray for G-d to be a little more blunt with me as I am not getting the signs if they are there. Hmmm... Can't wait to see what he has in store for me on this.

"God wants us to BE STILL so that He can untangle the knot."
I absolutely love this one.

This might seem crazy, but a lot of my signs come to me as I am just sorta doing something and a thought will pop into my head. It's happened a few times now. Or when I write and my writing go to a different level.

Yes, those emails we get everyday. It amazes me how what the subject is about is something that I am working through and it helps to reinforce.

I still get frustrated b/c so many of my "real" world friends think I just need to divorce and move on. But then I read those daily emails and it says to NEVER give up. Just let G-d untangle the knot. Which I am doing.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Plan B clarification...

If I find someone out about WH that just sets me off and stuns me around his selfishness, because I am in Plan B, I can't talk about it on here?

Or should I post about it, see if anyone can offer a solution and then let it go?

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 05/01/08 12:51 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Ok, I lied, I can't stand it and it's frustrating me. So here goes. Why, why should I ever be surprised at WH for what he does. But it still stimply amazes me.

I found out today that he called out insurance agent and asked to be reinstated. He hasn't had car insurance since January. Well, IA told him it would cost a lot of money. WH said no problem, that he had 500.00 in cash on his person. mad mad

I'm still waiting for his check to be deposited. IA knows my A and mentioned that since there is no client confidentiality clause he was going to mention the conversation to the A. But here I sit wondering what's going on and it's eating at me.

I'm praying for G-d to remove the need to know and leave it with him, but I'm failing write now.

Can I get a little reminder on this is NORMAL WH SICK BEHAVIOR - as Mimi would say GARDEN VARIETY.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
Queenie, what is your attorney saying about this? You have a LSA, right? Is the support Court-ordered? If it is, why isn't your attorney filing a contempt motion? If it's not, then why isn't your attorney taking it to a judge to get an order?

I think it's fine if you post stuff here that you find out, especially when it effects your livelihood. As long as you don't use it as a reason to keep your thoughts on WH.

Approach it like this.

Fact: WH hasn't paid support.
Fact: WH has money.
Action: Post here in case someone can advise what action to take.
Action: Call attorney and get him on the stick.
Action: Give it to G-d and trust that He will provide.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Oh and WH's behavior? It IS garden-variety WH stuff. More of the same. They just never learn while they're in that state. Once you deal with what YOU can control and NEED to control, letitgo. Just letitgo.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 05/01/08 02:08 PM.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi PM,

I am posting just to get it out and see if there is anything I could be missing on what to do. Not to stay in the drama of things. In fact, I would totally prefer not to be involved in this at all.

I have to admit there is a part of me that hopes, this is his attempt to get me to break Plan B, but I won't. Not even for money. I am too committed to staying the course and letting G-d have the knot.

There is not permanent LSA. WH was served with papers. As I immediately went into Plan B, I have no clue if he has an A or not. I know that when he last spoke with my A, he said he was working on getting his own. I thought possibly he was going to take this money for that purpose. Don't know and to keep thinking about it is in the drama and not being in a dark Plan B.

I was leaving it in the A hands to see what he was going to do. Should I follow up with a call to him to see how he is handling it?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
I was leaving it in the A hands to see what he was going to do. Should I follow up with a call to him to see how he is handling it?

Absolutely, because sometimes attorneys just put things on the back burner if they don't hear from a client too often (unless there are court deadlines looming). Communication with your attorney is necessary because it effects your's and your children's financial well-being. Otherwise, what's the point of having the agreement in the first place if it's not going to be enforced? Yanno?

Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

Absolutely, because sometimes attorneys just put things on the back burner if they don't hear from a client too often (unless there are court deadlines looming). Communication with your attorney is necessary because it effects your's and your children's financial well-being. Otherwise, what's the point of having the agreement in the first place if it's not going to be enforced? Yanno?

Yanno is right.....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Well interesting turn of events for my house.

The deal fell through and it's not closing next week like I thought. It happened on April 11th, and I am just hearing about it today.

So the contractor is coming up with money to get it out of foreclosure. Lucky me. smile

I'm not sure what to think about this one, but just let it be and see what G-d has in store for me.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Mark,

Shabbat Shalom

wink

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 154 of 339 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation