Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 155 of 339 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 338 339
M
M
Shalom Aleichem, Queenie.

Mark

Q
OP Offline
Q
Mark, besides Psalms, where would be a good place to go look for comforting words of faith and hope.

I'm having a little trouble right now and need to fill myself up?

thanks,

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Queenie - I suggest you keep a journal. Do you do that? I do, and it is amazing how much it changes you. I write about my life, my feelings, and write to G_d. I know, strange. Then I watch for signs that He is listening. I know he is, but sometimes I need signs, especially in my darkest hours. It is interesting what happens. My pastor always says that spirituality is kind of like a dimmer switch. As you spend more time in your spiritual life, the light gets brighter.

J
J
Hi Queenie (JT waving from the tulip fields)

Just wanted to send you some encouragement and give you these verses from Lamentations 3:19-24

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind and there I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him."

smile

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thank you JT,

I bet those tulips are awesome. Maybe one year we can see them together, and hopefully we can connect soon. How is life for you? Are you taking care of yourself?

Believer,

I actually have a journal and I do write, but not nearly enough. I will try and make it more a priority and just see what's what. Thank you for the reminder. What do you mean it's amazing how much it changes you?

I went to Friday night services for the first time since December. I didn't realize it was Yom Hashoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day. My friend went with me and she had a nice time. I'm glad I went. It was nice to be in my temple celebrating Shabbat and having that Jewish connection. I miss it.

I know this is a waiting game or time in my life. And that's what I am struggling with... So I'll write about that I think.

How are you doing B. How is that family member doing?

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 05/03/08 01:22 AM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Hi Queenie,

Hope you are doing well. Looks like the board is slow today. I'll be here if you need to shout out.

You are doing an amazing Plan B. I think that you and I may be in our Plan B's for a while, so get comfortable and enjoy the ride. It just has to go up at this point.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Hi Queenie,

Hope you are doing well. Looks like the board is slow today. I'll be here if you need to shout out.

You are doing an amazing Plan B. I think that you and I may be in our Plan B's for a while, so get comfortable and enjoy the ride. It just has to go up at this point.

Yeah, it looks like we are in for a long haul. How are we going to make it. On the one hand, I just want to give up and call it quits. WH holding back on the money just dumbfounds me on his selfishness and lack of concern for his kids.

But then G-d fills me with strength and to make a decision to not allow faith in my heart for my M to be restored goes against every thing I believe and TRUST in G-d.

I wish I could be put on ice, the pain put away and not feel while life goes on. Then be awakened if he comes home. Today was one of those days, that I just made it through because of my promise to Mimi and my kids.

I so admire you Chai to be able to walk through this alone and hold onto the love you have for your H. What an amazing person you are.

I couldn't have done it.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
I was at the tulip fields this time last year. Absolutely beautiful. My mom is doing okay, no sun, so that is disappointing.

Hang in there, Queenie. Continue making a nice life, and put hubby on the back burner. He probably would pay the money, but is having financial problems. That is excellent.

The journaling just shows you how much you are changing. Sometimes I go back and read and it doesn't even seem like I'm the one who wrote that stuff.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Ah, the tulips. I am defintely going to have to see those one year. Hear that JT? Maybe even you Believer could come up and we can have a trip all together.

I'm glad your mom is doing ok. I keep praying for her. Yeah, hopefully the sun will make an appearance again soon. This is the hardest time of year, because you are so ready for it, but nothing.

I'm hanging in there B, putting hubby on the back burner as best as possible and making alife for me and the kids. I would almost agree with you about the financial problems, however he is carrying around the money trying to get insurance. So why wouldn't he just take care of his kid first? I'm lost on this.

I'll make a point to journal more and have that for the future. I do know that sometimes I feel like G-d is reaching me through there, so thanks for the reminder.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Yes, that would be lots of fun. I went last year with my sister and a friend. It makes me sad now, because my mom, who loves flowers couldn't come because she was taking care of my dad. I offered to watch him, but she wouldn't agree.

But I did buy her a whole bunch of beautiful bulbs and they came up this year.

When we went last year, we took a loaf of sour dough bread, some brie and fruit and had a little picnic in the rain. It was very nice.

Q
OP Offline
Q
I bet your mom loves looking at those flowers and remembering how you love her.

Let's make it a date... Hear that JT....

I love Brie, I am all over that.....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
How are your kids doing? My step son (24)came over today with his wife and two sons. It was so nice to see them. He was the one that was always closest to me. But since the affair bomb was dropped in the midst of our family, things have not been the same.

While you are praying, please pray for my sis. My mom has decided not to get anymore treatment, and my sister is hysterically crying all of the time. She is a year younger than me and a high powered attorney, but still my baby sister. She is NOT taking it well at all.

Q
OP Offline
Q
All of them are suffering as you probably know. Two worse than the MS.

My DD is still in a horrible relationship that is part abusive on both sides. I hope and pray she figures it out before it's too late, but I can't control it. I just love on her, let her grip and ask if her she is juse venting or wants some guidance.

My YS has brought his 4 failing classes up to only 2. There is still a chance he won't move up to the high school. He is the one who misses his dad the most. He is also the one who contacts him or emails him regularly, at least did.

My OS, well in many ways he is thriving, happy and enjoying his senior year despite all that has gone on. His dad absolutely has nothing to do with him whatsoever except to just show up at the stadium for senior night, but he hasnt' see or talked to him since MLK's Bday.

Last night though, he made a comment about the D. I matter of fact told him I was NOT getting a D, that his dad would have to be the one to file for that. And that I still loved his dad very much and wanted him to come home. It was weird, he didn't say anything, just nodded his head. In the past he usually had said well I'll be gone when that happens. Don't know if that meant anything, but I wasn't about to ask him right after a game. smile

You bet I will pray for your sister. I'm sorry she is having such a hard time. But it is and unfortunately something that we almost always go through at some point in our life. If there is anything I can do for your family along side praying, please let me know.

The last two night have been horrible for sleeping. My body is hurting and the nightmares. Is it b/c the 1 yr anniv. of D-day is right around the corner?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Sorry things are not going well for your kids. I hope daughter unloads her boyfriend. But the more you say about the relationship, the more she will probably defend him.

Your younger son is a worry too, especially his grades. My two boys are smart, but hated school, and it was a HUGE struggle to get them through highschool. My step kids struggled with school, but finally made it. They ALL graduated, and now my stepson has gone back to college. So glad all those days are over.

But you are showing them a good example, and kids usually learn way more by watching what parents DO rather than what we say.

Q
OP Offline
Q
You are so right, the less said about the BF, the better. I just love on here, ask clarifying questions and keep my opinions to myself.

I'll let her come to me.

I am very worried about YS, but hopefully the desire to drive will encourage him to do better. But its in his ballcourt.

I can't fix this or control it from happening, but just keep standing, love on them, creating a life (even though I don't want to) and praying that their dad comes home one day soon.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie, I know you asked for inspirational scriptures and I'm trying to find one that was healing for me. I know exactly what it says, just can't find it. I posted it as a thread - probably one of the few I've started on GQII or IR in a year....

J
J
Hi Queenie-

Next tulip season it's a date. Any MB's in the area, meet at JT's place near Tulip Town!

I've been out most of the day-and had to drive to Issaquah to pick up OS. He's home for the summer from WSU.

It's great to have him home.

Of course, he took my car to go visit his girlfriend who goes to WWU. Go figure grin

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Cinder,

Thanks for the comment, if you ever come across it, send it my way please. I sure can use them all the time.

How are you doing?

Hey JT,

It's a date, next year, PNW, tulip time. Anyone who wants to is invited.

I can hear how excited you are to have your son home. What are you going to do with him?

I was up in Lynnwood for a business meeting today, we might have passed each other on the road.

What a pretty day it was, eh?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
my scripture 'du jour' in fact of the month is 1 Peter 5:10

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thnak you, lildoggie....

I appreciate this very much.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 155 of 339 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation