Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
from Mimi on another, now locked, thread :
OT to FH:

You changed my opinion of you, too..from what I know about you on this forum..and your current comments confirm that opinion.

I understood that. And your current comments also confirm my opinion regarding you. I do not "concede" the "higher moral ground" to you as I believe you are wrong. That is MY opinion and I leave it to all others to form their own opinions. WE have a difference of opinions.

As far as I'm concerned you are calling ME a RACIST. That's what I find to be most offensive...but that's alright

Mimi, with all due respect and sensitivity, please quote for me ANY post where I called YOU a racist. What you objected to and got offended by was a statement from me that used the word "most." You did not accept my amendment to "many," "a lot," etc., you simply went off on me and accused me of being a Racist.

That's NOT factual, and that's why, as your opinion, it doesn't bother me.

..Despite your FACTUAL ACCOUNT, I know that I'm not and MOST people that I KNOW AND LOVE ARE NOT RACIST and I've lived a relatively long life of 53 years. That's all that matters to ME..not what you have said about MY PEOPLE.

Mimi, one more time, I have never accused YOU of being a racist, not any of the "people that you know." But it is a fact that the "race card" does get played often, especially if something a white person says isn't "liked" by some members of the black population or the white population (see the Chicago priest as an example).

"YOUR PEOPLE," meaning all black people I assume, assumes an identification with all of that group of Americans, and by extension, claims a unanimity of "thought." We KNOW that isn't true because there ARE Blacks who are staunch members of all political parties and we know that there are Black believers and unbelievers.

Furthermore, we KNOW that in the current election cycle, some 90-95 percent of Blacks who did vote, voted as a block for Obama. IF you want me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept the premise that 90-95% of Blacks are supporting Obama with their vote because of his record, his experience, his being 90-95% better than Hillary Clinton or John McCain or any of the prior Democrat candidates before it became a 2 person race between him and Hillary, and NOT supporting Obama BECAUSE he is Black, then your premise of their voting NOT based on RACE would be true.

Personally, I would find it hard to believe that ANY "voting block" votes "strictly on the issues" or even knows, in depth, a candidates position on the issues. Most vote because they "like" something the candidate has said. Even given that, NO candidate ever gets 90-95% of any vote. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that Obama is getting that sort of vote based on RACE, not on qualifications to be the next leader of the free world. If 90-95% of "White Americans" voted for a White candidate simply because the candidate WAS white, that WOULD be racist, don't you think? But the refrain we hear most of the time is that "Blacks CAN'T be racist." That's not true and we KNOW it, because racism is an individual choice, not inherent in any "group."

What's TRUE about ME as a person.... that y'all don't get but that's OK... is that I'm not AT ALL into POLITICS...My H often BEGS me to look at the news commentaries while I'm sitting right here at the computer..I told Marshmallow that from the beginning...There's a good chance that I might not even vote.

Mimi, I don't really care WHY you might choose to vote or not. But I would ask you to think about the great privilege it is to vote and what it cost so many in the past to secure the right to vote.

For me, there is not one candidate running for President that I "like." But I WILL vote. I will "hold my nose" and vote on the basis of "the best of the worst," because ONE of them WILL be the next President. And sometimes we DO the "unpleasant" simply because it "must" be done. Around MB, all BS's know the truth of that statement.

And TRULY I don't believe in ABORTION.

So there..if it matters at all..

That's why I said NEVER MIND...

I never said you did believe in abortion. Those comments were directed to another member who was advocating for abortion, and I have always opposed that sort of "reasoning."

What does it matter what you think of me or what I think of you?

What does that have to do with fighting infidelity?

That's my PRIMARY REASON for coming to this website...

Not a thing, Mimi. Unless you want to include respect, openness of thoughts, honesty of thoughts, experiences, and data despite "feelings." It doesn't even matter what we "think of" a Wayward Spouse. It matters only what is "right and wrong," "truth and falsehood," "helping or hurting," debating-discussing-arguing IDEAS and practical applications.

It has to do, in my humble opinion, with standing for TRUTH even if no one else agrees with you or if they want to try to marginalize you by calling you names.

In that vein of what you think of me or what I think of you, the old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" would seem to apply.

I would like to "bury the hatchet" with you on this racism thing, but I can only do so on my end. YOU are not a racist. Racism does still exist in the country and it's not exclusively "white."
The rest I leave in your hands.

God bless.

M
M
No. We cannot talk further. I have nothing else to say to you about this. I REALLY don't think you and I have the CAPACITY to COMPREHEND each other. Our opinions and viewpoints are sooo ANATHETICAL. I think, and I own that this is MY OPINION, it would serve you better to print this out and speak with some of your African-American FRIENDS, IRL, about this. Hopefully, there are some folks that you can speak to VERY INTIMATELY, face-to-face about your viewpoints. Be direct with them about how you have described "MOST" African-American people.

I do WISH YOU WELL in your life.

ETA: "MY PEOPLE" (to clarify that you had made an ASSUMPTION) include PEOPLE of ALL RACES. One of my great grandfathers was Native American, one of my great grandmothers was white, and the others were, of course, a mixture because none of us African-Americans are of ONE RACE...

I love this nation because we are ALL ONE!!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here
No. We cannot talk further. I have nothing else to say to you about this. I REALLY don't think you and I have the CAPACITY to COMPREHEND each other. Our opinions and viewpoints are sooo ANATHETICAL. I think, and I own that this is MY OPINION, it would serve you better to print this out and speak with some of your African-American FRIENDS, IRL, about this. Hopefully, there are some folks that you can speak to VERY INTIMATELY, face-to-face about your viewpoints. Be direct with them about how you have described "MOST" African-American people.

I do WISH YOU WELL in your life.

ETA: "MY PEOPLE" (to clarify that you had made an ASSUMPTION) include PEOPLE of ALL RACES. One of my great grandfathers was Native American, one of my great grandmothers was white, and the others were, of course, a mixture because none of us African-Americans are of ONE RACE...

I love this nation because we are ALL ONE!!

FH, I have been down this road with Mimi before. Trust me...she doesn't see it....and is very, very touchy on the subject. Race has been a fair topic for her in the past so long as we are referencing any race but AA. Of course, this is all coming from what Barak would describe as a "typical white person" so what do I know.

M
M
Race has been a fair topic for her in the past so long as we are referencing any race but AA.

This is an outright LIE.

I have other ways to describe you.

It has nothing to do with your race.

And, as expected, you totally misunderstood everything I said to FH and so will he.

You guys are so CLUELESS about ME...LOL...

Some people just don't get..don't get it...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
This is an outright LIE.

Mimi, it is a fact and you know it. You and I were on the same side in the discussion and when I called you on your hypocrisy regarding race discussions, you said that you decided this wasn't the place for these discussions. But, YOU DID, engage in those discussions. And you know it.

Clueless...I don't think so.

M
M
Have a great life, MEDC.

I truly wish you well. I mean you no harm.

You don't get me and I don't have the interest or even the ability to try to explain myself to you. It is EXTREMELY COMPLICATED, IMO...

MY LIFE history regarding THIS and many other subjects is VERY DIFFERENT than lots of other folks. I guess many can say the same but MINE is NONTRADITIONAL/OUTSIDE THE NORM in MANY WAYS...raised in an UPPERCLASS SEGRATED COMMUNITY in the SOUTH...went to boarding school, highly educated, mixed race ancestry and on and on...

It's not that I don't want to talk about RACE. I'll talk about most ANYTHING...but we're not getting anywhere but into further disagreement...

You and FH don't get ME..at least..I can't speak for other folks..

What's the use of us going back and forth?

IMO, that's arguing and I DON'T DO THAT!!

Well, I don't LIKE doing it!

OK?

S
S
This thread was moved to this forum to give the opportunity to resolve this conflict. If resolution is truly impossible, I will honor a request to lock this thread. But if it deteriorates further, it's likely to get locked anyway. Other members are free to help with the resolution, but are not free to create more conflict.

M
M
It's fine with me for you to lock it.

I don't think resolution is possible.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation