Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 36 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 35 36
D
D
Really? That's too bad. My classes are 40 bucks a month for 1 class a week. My teacher trained in Egypt. She's cool-groovy. Private lessons are more expensive, though. Like ballroom-I take those privately with O.M. LOL! Sorry, just couldn't resist using his initials because they are OM!

H
H
I take belly dancing classes too and have a blast! I paid $95 for a 7 week series of classes. If you get FITNESS TV on your cable system, they have a show called: SHIMMY. They begin with relaxation and stretches and progress to easy moves that they show over and over for clarification. Actually, I like the program better because I can rewind and they don't go as fast as my instructor tends to do.

L
OP Offline
L
I have been up since 3:15 a.m. Horrible nightmares every night. This one was a doozy. I woke up just shaking. I dreamt my parents sided with WS and OW. I couldn't get my mom or dad to talk to me. They locked me out of their house and I was having a major meltdown. It was horrible.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007
***Recovering and growing wiser and stronger.***
I was divorced 10/08/2008.

L
OP Offline
L
If one more of my friends tells me I need to join eHarmony or Match I am gonna lose it. I keep telling everybody that I don't want to date, I'm still married. And even when I'm not married I don't want to date. They don't understand. It's frustrating.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

D
D
Originally Posted by Hearts_ache
I take belly dancing classes too and have a blast! I paid $95 for a 7 week series of classes. If you get FITNESS TV on your cable system, they have a show called: SHIMMY. They begin with relaxation and stretches and progress to easy moves that they show over and over for clarification. Actually, I like the program better because I can rewind and they don't go as fast as my instructor tends to do.

Yay!! Another belly dancer!! Isn't it great? Thanks for the heads up about that show, HA, I'm going to keep an eye out for it!

Sorry for the t/j, Sunshine!

D
D
Originally Posted by LAsunshinegirl
If one more of my friends tells me I need to join eHarmony or Match I am gonna lose it. I keep telling everybody that I don't want to date, I'm still married. And even when I'm not married I don't want to date. They don't understand. It's frustrating.

Yeah. There are some people who don't get it. Even so, they should know that you need time to heal before dating. I think they want you to find someone else and be happy is all. I can understand that to a point.

I was talking to my Bro the other day via IM and I mentioned the dating thing. He said around there when people consider themselves married the main requirement is that they are in the same country!! (He's in S.F., CA)

I guess that's how it is for the majority of people, really. They just take it as a sign of the times and marriage isn't all that important. Just move on to the next one.

Or: you're separated. Hey! Spouse is dating! You should too! Why not? What's good for the goose...etc.

That kind of thing. I haven't had people bugging me about dating, though. I guess they know better than to mess with a Czech-German Taurus!! LOL!!

Well, I hope I made my point. If I didn't, please ask and I will try again! LOL!

Have a great day!

Charlotte

L
OP Offline
L
Today went from bad to good. My atty called and told me that the court date has been set back to AUGUST instead of first part of July. Thank you God! And then I get a bunch of paperwork from my old company and they say they owe me $$,$$$ which was part of my retirement. Check the box and mail back & they will mail my $$,$$$ to me. Thank you God.

I have prayed constantly that I wouldn't have to worry about money and that I wouldn't have to see WS anytime soon. My prayers were answered. I feel that a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I have some breathing room now. And atty explained what he was doing and what he hoped to accomplish for me. Again, I will continue to pray for good things to happen.

This is one of the best days I've had since d-day.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

M
M
God is good LA, God is good!

Keep putting your trust in Him and leaving your life in His hands and you will not go wrong.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

T
T
Sunshine girl, that is great about the money. Financial stress can add a big load to a girl's shoulders! I'm glad it will give you some breathing space. YOu can use some of the money to make sure that when that court date finally does come around, you look your absolute super duper best (hair, make-up, nails etc).

FWIW, I;m a Polish Irish Saggitarian. Perhaps Charlotte can tell me the implications of that!

L
OP Offline
L
One of my first thoughts was that I had more time to lose more weight. Get more toned. I'm looking for a nice dress too.

My Native American-Irish-French-Virgo self wants to look her best.

I feel lighter, more calm and I hope this feeling stays around.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

O
O
LA, I come here often to look for updates to your story. I have been reading for almost a year but have never posted. I wanted to tell you to be careful with how you use your retirement money. If you spend it and you do not put it back into some kind of retirement, you could end up paying penalties and taxes on the money you spent. I would consult a tax advisor before using the money.

L
OP Offline
L
Yeah, I know they are gonna take 20% in taxes. But right now, I need the cash.

I was at the mall today and a guy said HI to me. He had sea green eyes and short dark brown hair. He was cute. Made me feel good that somebody noticed me.

Today I really cleaned house. I rearranged some things and tomorrow I'm going to organize this computer desk. It looks horrible.

My friend who is going to go with me to the divorce trial is buying us plane tickets. We won't have to drive. We will fly in and then get on a plane and fly the heck outta there.

My appetite is gone again. One day I want to eat and then I'll go days without wanting to eat. Weird...

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
Hee....I had a fun afternoon. I start a temp job on Monday. I got my new military ID. And while at Kinko's makin' copies this guy comes up to me and chats me up. What is it about Kinko's? It's the new singles bar? He works as a Kung-Fu instructor and he talked me into 2 free 1 hr lessons. I go on Friday. It should be fun. I'll get to hit something. Anger management at it's finest! LOL...

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

D
D
Ooh! Chattin' up the Kung Fu master, eh? Shall we call you Grasshopper now? grin

L
OP Offline
L
Grasshopper is better than cricket. LOL...

Now I have to figure out what to do about this speeding ticket I got on 6/4/08.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

S
S
Did you tell me abput the speeding ticket? I can't remember I am soooo tired.....Hey you never wrote me back today...did you get my email? My long day at work was so boring without you....hahahaha.

L
OP Offline
L
I start my new temp job tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. I am so excited. Having a job during the day will sure make things better.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
The temp job may turn permanent. So much of what they are doing is what I did at my last job, but from a different angle. I can look at the file and tell them how to work around things or who to call to get something done quicker. I think they are impressed. I'm impressed that I haven't forgotten all of my contacts. Working has made me feel so much better. I know 3 or 4 months ago I never would've been able to handle it, but now I'm feeling so much better.

I'm babysitting on Saturday. I have a date with a 3 year old. smile

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

L
OP Offline
L
I highly recommend dating 3 year olds. Much more fun. You get to play, "Crash the cars", watch endless episodes of Spongebob and Dora the Explorer and eat potato chips for dinner. Then you get to feed your chicken nuggets to the dog and cat. Finally they start to wind down around 9 p.m. and you can coax them into pj's and watching Spider-Man on tv for the millionth time. When the stick their thumb in their mouth and start asking for Mommy, you know they are about out for the night. By then your feet and legs are begging for rest. I wish I had his energy. They are so fast even with short stubby legs.

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007

C
C
I so agree! I'd spend time with a 3 year old over a man any day. Or time with a kitten or puppy. wink

Page 31 of 36 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation