Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Tyk Offline
T
You stall, you implement and continue Plan A.

If the settlement she is offering is good enough, then you have to consider it, if its not, then you continue your fight for your marriage. Even if it is, you decide what is most important to you.

Tyk #2069439 06/06/08 12:55 PM
E
OP Offline
E
The settlement we are agreeing to is good. However, I’d much rather have my wife and life restored. When you say stall, how do I do that? She’s moving ahead so what do I do to stall it? I know I can stall calling realtors but what about her pursuing the divorce?

T
Tyk Offline
T
You tell your attorney to stall in every way possible. Stall every deadline to the end, file every extension possible. You stall in providing whatever information is required of you. A competent lawyer will know how to do this. I think you tell your lawyer:
"look, I don't want a divorce, I need you to buy me as much time as legally possible while still protecting me to the best of your ability. If there's a choice between time and protection, you tell me the risks and I will make the decision."

Tyk #2069459 06/06/08 01:36 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks, I understand. I suppose then in parallel that I continue plan-A which is being nice and avoiding all love busters but not stop her from doing things like moving out of our room to another or separating finances, etc.?

T
Tyk Offline
T
You would continue Plan A, yes. I would let her move to another room as well, but would express that it isn't what you want. I would separate the finances. That is part of bringing reality to the situation, and is also prudent for you given that she is filing for divorce. If she complains about it, just tell her you're only doing it because its what she said she wants, that you don't want it, that you want to remain married and find a way for you to both be happy.

Plan A doesn't mean denying reality. It is about making the changes in yourself that need to be made, not fighting with or lovebusting your wife, and seeking to interfere with the A any way possible.

You cannot stop your W from filing for divorce, but you are under no obligation to make it easy for her if it is not what you want. If she wants a quick and easy divorce, make her give you a deal you simply cannot refuse. Don't ask for that, because then in her mind it will be "all about the money" to you.

Tyk #2069508 06/06/08 02:50 PM
E
OP Offline
E
My next concern is by doing this will she resume her affair since she only agreed to stop until the marriage dissolved and house was sold and we went our separate ways. Any thoughts on how to handle that? Also, should I encourage her to put our rings back on?

T
Tyk Offline
T
You speak the truth about what you want and what you will tolerate. She will do whatever she wants. If you'd like her to wear the ring, ask her to. If she refuses, state your dissapointment and let it go. If she continues contact with OM, continue to attack the A however you can. Realize that Plan A behavior is designed to attack the A, as it creates conflict within the WS. It is hard to justify destroying someone that is being nice to you. Doesn't mean she won't do it anyway, of course. Continue to attack the A to the best of your ability.

Tyk #2072499 06/12/08 01:20 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I asked and she was completely unwilling- so I said okay. She’s continuing to tell me she wants out so I’m trying my hardest with plan-a but I don’t feel like there’s any progress being made. She’s unwilling to endure MC any further and I found out that she had no intentions or motivation to repair when we started MC. We only had a couple of sessions before the affair was exposed and she said she wanted a divorce. I suppose I keep my path forward and accept what happens. I really don’t know what else I can do.

T
Tyk Offline
T
What have you done to put pressure on the A? Who have you exposed to? What do you know about OM?

Tyk #2072588 06/12/08 02:49 PM
B
B
The affair needs to be exposed at their work. Write a letter to HR and let them know about the affair and ask what they plan to do about it.

Also her parents, grandparents, family and any close friends need to know about it. Let them know you want to save your marriage and would like their support.

Find out if the OM is married and inform his wife what hubby is up to.

Only then, when the affair is exposed, do you have a chance to save your marriage.

T
Tyk Offline
T
Actually, it is only when the A is over that you have a chance. Exposure is a tool used to end As.

EM I worry that you are wallowing in inaction when you should be ACTING. Your W is pushing D. If you don't want a D, you better get off your [censored] and do what you can while you have a chance.

Your WW is no different than any other. She's doing and saying the same things as all our WSs did. Given that, doesn't it make sense that the result of your acting will be similar to the result many of us experienced when we began to execute the MB plans? Act now, in your own best interests, even though you fear the outcome. Which would you prefer? Doing nothing, and getting divorced, or doing everything you can and perhaps still getting divorced?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation