Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29
M
M
thank you!

i am for the former mlhb.. not sure if i ever posted on your thread or not...

nice to be here.

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

S
OP Offline
S
Ah, yes, we have spoken! LOL...that's what I get for not staying current with everyone!

I'm in the process this morning of setting up a photo album to share some of my artwork! I will post the link when I'm complete! Hoping you all enjoy it! Part of the recovery process, LOL, you know getting to know yourself and focusing on it!

OKay, here's the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/Strivn4better

Last edited by Strivn4Better; 06/14/08 09:58 AM. Reason: to add link

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
N
N
Rin, thanks for the photo album, and for the gratitude smile So cool!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
Q
Q
Wow Rin I absolutely love the artwork. My fav is the 3rd one. So colorful....

Tell me about it.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
HI, thank you very much!

The third one?

Jean Lafitte's blacksmith shop on Bourbon street in New Orleans...we did it in a painting class...all three are in oil...that's the one that I don't really like...LOL

Jean Lafitte's real name was Jean Pierre Billiot, which is my maiden name...so I'm from a pirate! LMAO I was given the genealogy on it a few years back.

Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
Why don't you like it?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
The way the building is angled, it seems wrong to me in respect to the other building and objects in the picture...

Outside of that, I think it's good, the color...I didn't do what I was suppose to...all of the black in it, I freehanded on it...I just got a marker and drew all over it! That I think I did an excellent job with!

My other friend is hiring me to do a Japanese scene which I'm looking forward to do, it will be an original of things that he would like to see in it!

Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
Oh I bet that would be gorgeous

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
E
E
Arrr, matey. Nice painting of me house! You won't be walking the plank for that one.

Sorry, could not resist. Pirate Rin....Bwahahaha

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
S
OP Offline
S
You are such a freakin nut! LMAO

Thanks for the laugh!

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Good Morning! I am very nervous today! I got a call yesterday from my XFIL, YS is ready to come home and because POWS Still can't drive, I am going to meet the inlaws at the half way mark to pick him up.

I really don't like meeting with them. It's just the tension that I have a hard time with even if it's just a few minutes to change cars.

MOF, things are a little rough right now, money wise becasue I still haven't heard anything about the income assignment. I, ONCE AGAIN, called my laywer this morning and they are checking on it. So, that's kind of adding to the rough feelings I'm having about going get YS, being that I'm living on just my income right now I really don't need the additional expenses BUT in this sitch what am I going to do. Not like I would ever tell YS, NO you can't come home! So, I will deal with that and I will survive, because that's who I am.

Also, I have both of their b-days to content with this week, OS is Sat., and YS is the following Sun. I have made plans to bring them to a waterpark verses a b-day party this year. That will be an all day event. I'm hoping to stay at a friends, that way we will not have to get up and drive so early in the morning.

As far as work, well, it was quiet around here yesterday without the other employee causing trouble. It was indeed a stress free day!

I briefly txted with POWS yesterday; the dr. still hasn't released him but he did mention something about trying to take the boys this coming weekend. The break in interaction has been good, I seem to be more upbeat than I was but all of the rainy weather this past weekend really made me miss having someone around! I really miss the companionship.

Well, I need to go do SOMETHING...I'll figure that out when I get to it!

have a great day!
Rin

Thomas Carlyle
J
J
You sound good Rin.. and don't sweat the exchange, just be you, be friendly, and leave the rest to God. These are certainly things we don't have to sweat when we remember who we have at our back.

(((((Rin)))))

Just stoppin in to spread the Sunshine, b'cause it's sure better than the rain.

Life is good, just breathe it in and enjoy it. Today is yours for the taking.

Thinking and prayin about ya!

J

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Hello ALL! Thanks James! I appreciate that!

Well, the meeting went fine enough. XMIL did make a few comments that I wasn't really happy about and choose to act stupid and ignore.

One was that I use OS as a sounding board! I left that alone! And the other was that she tried to tell me that YS had chicken pox and that's why he had the bites that he had. I think that if my child had chicken pox I would know about it! I mean it's not like you can't tell that kind of thing! So, I just said "really, it didn't look like that to me!" Then, she went on to say that it had to be a mild case! I simply agreed and went on my way...

I think it really wasn't what was said as much as it was how it was said...but I was able to relatively blow it off thinking that if this should become a problem then I will not be so nice and LET them keep the boys like that! For now, and I have always believed that the boys deserve to have a relationship with these people, which I am nice enough to allow extra time with them. Besides TBH, there's lots of payoff in it for me...reduction in childcare costs, and time to myself or with one of them alone, like it has been in the past few weeks with OS.

The last time that we met it was XFIL that unnerved me. Of course, I do have a choice and can simply tell POWS that I will not pickup the boys from the X in laws again that the exchange can be between him and them in the future, but I am not to that point as of yet.

Aside from that we had a safe, nice trip home! I stopped to take some photos of YS, which I am not to happy with and have plans to take some more tomorrow morning to finish up the project that I am doing for the two of them!

Work was really nice today, we were told that we are doing a good job clearing up some of the trouble of what was there prior to the new staff! AND THERE WAS again peace and quiet in the office, no drama or stirring the pot! MOF, the Director will be taking me and the co-worker that I work with closest to lunch tomorrow! I'm stroked about it!

Well, I'm off to bed! Very tired being in the car for SOOO long today...about six hours with the stops that we made...AND when we got home our dog was SO mad at YS for being away that she chewed up his new flip-flops that XMIL bought for him in the first five minutes that we were home! That was pretty interesting trying to calm him down! Ended up calling POWS and letting YS talk to him, and POWS told him to keep the good one and he would try to get XMIL to buy another pair! "YOU KNOW THEY WERE CAMO AND YOU CAN ONLY GET THEN IN THAT ONE PLACE!!!!" LMAO

It's so tought to be six! Almost, his is on the 29th and OS on the 21st on this month. I already changed their ages in my bio!

night!

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, all! Things are going pretty good here. I did get a call from my lawyer yesterday letting me know that the assignment of income order was not serviced to POWS' employer until June 11! SOOO! THey should start taking the funds out of his check immediately, which is nice to know! I was also told that he is responsible for the missed payments on June 1st and 15th!

POWS is not to happy about this! Oh well!

I have completed the admission process to go back into college for a BS in Computer Information Sysytems...I was told today that becasue I already have a degree that I may only have to take 25 to 30 hours to complete the program...So, this is what I'm looking into right now to better my situation and myself...

I figure that I can stick it out here for a year until I complete it...I'm willing to do the loans and stuff for the opportunity to increase my pay...

Hence, I'm wanting to become MORE independent from POWS than I am already...

Well, I have to cut it short, I have a meeting!
Rin

Thomas Carlyle
B
B
Rin,

Glad the support is finally getting straightened out! I think it's great to have it done automatically in your sitch, so that it's another link broken in the chain that is binding you to him.

POWS is not to happy about this! Oh well!

Yea, like we really feel bad about that - - NOT! Poor, poor POWS, having to reap the consequences of his actions and be responsible for his kids! Waaahh!

Glad you are back pursuing your education! Fantastic! I had dinner with girlfriends last night and one of them is doing the same thing. I'm so proud of you both!!

Glad to hear work is improved, too!

Have a great weekend!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
L
L
Rin:

Things are sounding good for you.

You asked about getting some assistance from me regarding a "potential" IRS problem. Wait until you get a notice from the IRS. Everything else is just bluster from POWS.

IF, and thats a really BIG IF, you get a notice from the IRS, then you have an issue to be dealt with. I can help you with it, but, it might be best to find someone in LA who can make sure that the community property laws and your Seperation Agreement are followed.

Just a thought.

LG

S
OP Offline
S
well, hi guys! Thank you very much Bugs! I have always been concerned about the loans, but I broke down and fixed you ahve to spend money to make money!

So, here I go again...it will be rough, working full time, the boys, and everything else but there's a payoff in there...

"Opportunity is often disguised as hard work!"

LG, that was the help that I wanted really...how to handle the sitch...I talked to one of the Criminal Justice teachers at our school and she said to just wait...for the if and when, then deal with it...I was pretty tore up about it when it happened, or should I say heard about it...just have to let that sleeping dog lie until then...

What I can control now is to save IN CASE it does happen...so that's really what I was asking for...to hear exactly that...then she told me that even if I do have to pay that back, I can set up a payment plan...so, okay!!!! I'm good with that!

I really appreciate all of the support, really I do...I am grateful to have people like you and Bugs! I am certainly true to my sign, Libra...

Well, I'm happy to announce that I had another great day at work! WHOOHOOO!!! This whole week has actually been good...AND I don't have to boys tonight...well next 7 or whatever days...I will see them tomorrow...going to the waterpark with POWS for OS's b-day...

I have had plenty of opportunities to think about the last time that we spent alot of time together and looking back IF I have too I can handle him for about two days, then it's time to put a WHOLE LOT OF DISTANCE between us...besides tomorrow should be easy...plenty to do and not really have to interact with him...

Hope the weather holds out...well, I'm going to lay down for a little while...enjoy the peace and quite of the house...already treated myself to a fresh haircut, so I'm DIVA'd out! LOL

smile

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
HI all! I have missed all of you so much! Been thinking about you all for about a week now...

Things are good in the neighborhood here! Still at that job of mine...don't really like it but I'm doing it...still waiting on the university to get financial aid straight for the program I'm trying to get into for my Master's...that won't begin until Jan...

The boys are doing well...OS made it to the 5th grade...XWH and I had a little discuss about keeping him in the 4th but after talking with the Asst. principle, we (I) decided to go along with her and allow him to try it out...so far so good...of course we're only a few weeks in and Open House is tomorrow night...which I haven't told XWH anything about...remembering my lessons from here very well...MOF, I haven't really talked to him at all in the past few weeks and I'm good with that...

Sunday when he dropped the boys off he said "Do me a favor and just be careful! I got a call from a friend of mine and she was raped last night, beat up pretty bad!" I just looked at him and said ok! He said that she thought he was a friend of her's! Conversation, if you can call it that, lasted for about a minute, enough time for me to get the boy's stuff and get back in the house...

Still trying to finish this community property thing...we got nothing from his lawyer so we did a formal proposal and sent it to them...that was almost two weeks ago...I had to call a friend that day b/c of the anxiety I was feeling about his reaction to it...he's given me suck a hard time about this whole D...Of course I asked for a lot more than I expect to get...

Well, let me get out of here...I have a few things to do before I can get some sleep...

Thomas Carlyle
J
J
(((((((Rin))))))))

So glad to hear from you.

I know the D stuff can be a little overwhelming at times, even with offers/settlements in place. Just remember whenever it feels like it's all too much, to calm yourself and pray. God promises to give you Peace.. you know you're on the right path for you, and we all have faith that you're being taken care of very well.

Sounds like life is just rollin along for most of us, and we're all just trying to do the best we can.

If it's any consolation I personally think you're doing great.

Been missin ya Rin!

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
Rin,

You sound good, girl! Really good.

About the D stuff, it does get the rollercoaster going a bit, doesn't it? Just remember that in this, you get to man the controls. You know what to do and what you need to do for you and your boys. Stick to it.

*He* will react the way he will react. Not a thing you can do about that. Even now, he needs to go through whatever necessary to reap the consequences of his actions. Just like Chai and Luna right now - their WS's don't Like it one little bit. Too bad.

So, Masters Program? Good for you!! Give us a bit more of your time when you have it,,,,,,,,,,,we miss you!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 479 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation