Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 95 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 94 95
Q
Q
Oh wow, I hadn't heard about Robert Plant teaming up with someone. Of course I hadn't paid attention.

I hope we get sun here. I'll go crazy.... smile I am planning to visit my SIL and her family next month. If WH pays up, then I am probably going to send my YS down to SIL for a lot of the summer. It would be good for him to get away. Otherwise, I am going to go for about two weeks, especially if the weather is bad.

cool Wishful thinking....

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
O Captain my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up--for you the flag is flung for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchored safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

--Walt Whitman

My Uncle passed away this morning. He was the patriarch of my family, and a shining example of a life well-lived. I loved him dearly. I have been blessed to have him in my life.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
My Uncle passed away this morning. He was the patriarch of my family, and a shining example of a life well-lived. I loved him dearly. I have been blessed to have him in my life.

SL I am so sorry to hear this. Has he been ill or was it sudden?

S
OP Offline
S
From my frame of reference, it was sudden, but to others in the know, he was having surgery for something and had an aortic anerysm, and died not long after surgery this morning. I'm not sure if he was weak prior to the surgery or not; if this was emergency surgery or what. The last time he had major surgery, the entire family was alerted. I haven't even been given all the details. One of his daughters called my dad, my dad called sis, sis called me. Everything is so watered down by then, details are lost.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

That is a high risk surgery, though, if it helps for you to know.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
OP Offline
S
I knew that he wasn't going to live forever, and I knew that he had heart disease, so it's not a surprise that something like this happened, one is just never prepared for the news.

I will get to see my family, whom I haven't seen in over a decade, and we will talk and laugh and cry. It will be good to celebrate his life together.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
{{{{{{{{{SL}}}}}}}}}

I'm sorry for your loss.

Is there anything I can do?

We are here for you....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
W
W
Ahhhh, Miss Lucidity, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

"Like a leaf dropped upon water, the ripples of your loved one's life spread on and on to touch the lives of others"-author unknown

Wishing you and yours peace.

Fox

B
B
My payers are with the family. I hope he had a good run and it was simply time to go.

A co-worker died a few years ago and they roasted him at his funeral. That's how I want to go. God knows I've left plenty of material.

Peace to the family

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you Queenie. Nope, nothing to be done but remember a great man and feel blessed that I was touched by his life, as Foxy quoted so eloquently.

Thanks ladies.

Ah, and gents (BC)

I was watching "The Bucket List" last night (how apropos), and the part where Morgan Freeman's character talks about how the Egyptians believed that when they come to the gates of paradise in the afterlife, they will be asked two questions, the answers to which will determine whether or not they are admitted. The first is, “Have you found joy in your life?” The second is “Have you brought joy to others in your life?”

In my UncleB's case, yes and yes. He told me about his joy, and I know he brought joy into my life.

As for 'roasting' him. Well, we'll talk of him and his life and exploits at his wake, I'll prolly learn a few things about him I never knew, and someone will break out a guitar, and peops will prolly sing hymns and songs that he loved

Last edited by silentlucidity; 06/19/08 01:37 PM.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
It is always hard to lose someone you love no matter the circumstances.

When i lost my parents even though they were both sick i was glad (hope that doesn't sound morbid) that they were no longer suffering here on earth.

The hardest thing i think i have to do in my life (so far anyway and hope it remains the hardest) was a few days before my mom passed away she was in the hospital and she had been sick for so long, me and my sisters were there with her and she asked us if it was okay if she went "home" and we knew she did not mean to her house.

I told her i loved her and would miss her, but that i would be okay. I think it was important for me to tell her that, my sisters both told her that too.

(((((((SL)))))))

Last edited by Still_Crazy; 06/19/08 02:08 PM.
M
M
It is always hard to lose someone you love no matter the circumstances.

YES, INDEED!! They are relieved of their suffering but we are left here to mourn.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
OP Offline
S
now i have to figure out where we are going to stay, what to do about the dogs, oy. Not a great time to be having money issues

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
SL,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss!

I will get to see my family, whom I haven't seen in over a decade, and we will talk and laugh and cry. It will be good to celebrate his life together.

It will be difficult, it always is for those that are left behind (for now). Yet, through the tears and the pain, you have it right in that this is a time to celebrate the life of your beloved Uncle. Remember, it is only a temporary separation and you will see him again.

{{{{{SL}}}}}

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
M
mvg Offline
M
SL I'm sorry about your uncle passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

(((SL)))

EA4-7/07,Dday7/29,NC 7/30/07
ME 47 WH 48
Married 30 yrs.
2 DD,4 GC
Found out
Learning
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you for dropping in, ladies.

I just feel kinda BLAH. Not happy, not tremendously sad. Today is my sister's birthday. I dont' think I can muster a whole lotta glee for her as I had planned. I will still make the cake I planned and make the chicken wings that she now loves. I'm just not in a partyin' mood.

It's just strange. UncleB wasn't in my daily life, but I still feel so down, as if he were. Part of it is that it reinforces how much I miss my mom. Part of it is that I love him and he will be missed. It's like the world is a little LESS without him in it.

I'm also triggered by contact with PWC. I was hoping after DS birthday, there wouldn't be so much back and forth with email. Now that I have to travel and his visitation could be changed, we emailed back and forth a lot yesterday. Blech! His attempts at being nice just make me wanna vomit; I don't know why. I suppose they seem so insincere to me now. Trigger trigger.

I told myself this morning that I'm movin on, to let it go. I felt better after that. Moving forward sounded good to me, like I was leaving him in my wake.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
P
I'm so sorry about your uncle SL. Prayers going out to lift you up.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you princessM

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
{{{{{{{{SL}}}}}}}

One of your strengths to us newer people is the ability to forge through. You face the sadness and stuff head on and somehow when you come out of the tough moment, you are here cheering up or helping through the next person who needs you.

Maybe and I probably am way off base, for sure experiencing death in any situation, but especially someone who you are close to and shared much with is extremely hard. Add in that you are already in the grieving process of your M and you are just double whammed and it frickin hurts and probably seems like way too much on your plate.

You and I both know we will find the strength to walk through this, but it sure would be nice to just be able to sit and gather up strength to keep walking and becoming who G-d wants for us.

You are so loved by so many on here and admired for all that you have been through not to mention for how you tried to save your M. But I like so many others just know that deep sadness that is a part of us right now and for that I wish I could just truly hug you for real and let you just relax and walk through these feelings exactly how you NEED to. Whether it be crying, screaming, throwing or hitting. I can't fix or take away you pain, but I sure would if I could.

{{{{{{{{{{SL)))))))))))))

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Silent:

Sorry about the loss of your unkle to you and your family.

(((S/L)))

LG

Page 47 of 95 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation