Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 190 of 339 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 338 339
M
M
In the matter of child support - he will pay 744 for both children. In the matter of spousal support - I GOT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 750.00

WOW!! THIS IS WONDERFUL!!

Basically he told the judge he couldn't afford to give his wife spousal support because his girlfriend lives with him and she only brings in 145.00 in food stamps.

LOL..He's gone NUTS!!

But then she said, you need to get your girlfriend to contribute 750.00 to your household. And then she turned to my A and said, I am awarding the wife of 24 years 750.00 in spousal support.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT!! "LET'S HEAR IN FOR THE SPOUSES"..WHOO..HOO...

I was calm, GODDESS, and full of grace and dignity.

I FELT YOUR PRESENCE ALL THE WAY OVER HERE, MY QUEEN!!

I do know that I am free of his power. I cried for a moment, but my sponsor told me to knock it off. LOL

LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

I just didn't imagine G-d would bless me like this.

And HE has BLESSED US with knowing YOU...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
Queenie - it went by the book....by the book.

I knew you would win.

I wanted you to see the victory not hear about it over the phone. Young lady, what you did today will be worth all the worry about it - for what it will do for your personal vision of your goddess-self.

YOU ROCK!!!!!

GO QUEENIE!!

GO QUEENIE!!!

GO QUEENIE!!!!

P
P
PM doing the happy dance for Queenie!!!!!

I LOVE what the Judge said, "awarding his wife of 24 years...". AWESOME!

God is good.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
This was G-d victory, but all of OURS on here.

We are in this together because we love each other together and understand together what it takes to pick up the pieces and find a way to move on.

Everyone one of us is GODDESSES and WARRIORS because we are in each other's lives.

All I knew is that G-d, and you all were with me. I needed to do this for me, because I needed to know that I went down with a fight for this family.

Mimi, I am the one who is blessed. You and so many touch my life in ways that I am just beginning to understand.

Who I become in the end is just a servant to G-d who is gracious, loving and so grateful that I have you all here.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
I was pretty smiles inside when she told him to get his girlfriend to contribute not just any amount of money to the household, but 750.00 specifically. It was hard not to smile at that point.

The ladies off to the side, they were smiling.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
For what it's worth, I am still in Plan B and want my M.

I'm not "high" anymore. It so sad, really that a man who once had morals and values walked into court truly believing in his truth of what he said.

James,

I know that I did Plan B to protect myself. The fruits of what happened today are evident it is working. But I would be lying if I said, that I don't wish every night when I say my prayers, that G-d will bring my H back home one day.

Can that relationship make it with all the financial trouble? Well, it's not my deal and not my journey. I just hurt for what's happened.

I pray to G-d one day my H understands how much I love him.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Queenie

What can I say--your royal highness you ROCK!

I prayed for you throughout the day, that God would give you the blessing you needed.

And He blessed you in so many ways.

And then there was this...
But then she said, you need to get your girlfriend to contribute 750.00 to your household. And then she turned to my A and said, I am awarding the wife of 24 years 750.00 in spousal support.

The BESTEST quote on MB ever!! cool

I love you

Smartie

Q
OP Offline
Q
I am in awe or touched beyond words to all of you who prayed for me today. This was a victory today for G-d. In fact, my sponsor told me to pray for the judge that she be fair and a godly woman. Fair she was. I really would have loved to know what she was thinking. It had to have been hard to keep a straight face.

smile You know if it wasnt' so sad because it's my life it would be funny.

But nonetheless..... I hope he has a good evening. I am able to rest easier tonight and that's a blessing for me.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
WooHoo!!!!

I've been praying for you today Queenie and had complete confidence in the outcome-and in you. smile

I shared with DD26 what your WH told the judge and what the judge said in response. She made the comment that if the OW is now living in a household with someone who makes over the limit for food stamps, etc. then, POOF!!! away go the food stamps.

I wonder if your WH realized that his comment:

Basically he told the judge he couldn't afford to give his wife spousal support because his girlfriend lives with him and she only brings in 145.00 in food stamps.

is now public record.

Silly waywards.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

N
N
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{QUEENIE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

INS'T G-D AWESOME???????

I loved every moment of your post. It was so good to see YOU do so well and finally be rewarded the justice and peace YOU deserve.....

And of course, we knew the GODDESS in you would shine. Heck, I think I saw the beam you were casting off here in the mid-west... wink

Heck, you even brought TMTS out of RECOVERYVILLE for ya... laugh

Anywho honey, I am so proud of you....YOU THE GODDESS....

not2fun

N
N
T/J here....

Hey TMTS...

How's it going???? Glad to see ya puttin an encouraging word out here for our girl.... wink.

Did you see my suggestion for her in court???

Remember your day??? and your doodle of W2S???? (Kinda nice to smile about these things now isn't it???)

not2fun

ps....for ol' times sake,,,,,where the heck is my laundry?????

L
L
Yay Queenie!!!!
this is so awesome and wondeul to hear.
And the judge said about you being his wife for 24 years! Really excellent she apprieciated that commitment.
You were an excellent Godess.
{{{HUGS}}}
Have a really awesome day...and get something nice just for Queenie ok? Even if its just a little thing.

LD

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
C
Queenie.....ya done us proud - and you better believe G-d is proud of your fight, too.

I had confidence in you!!!!!!!! And you better remember that!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Oh thank you Cinders, I love this movie so much.

I have to be honest, I didn't do anything. I was there, I stood up before the judge and court and stood there as he spoke about his girlfriend. I just stared ahead and prayed to G-d to have me be who he wanted.

And I was taught that here. I never imagine this day would happen where I could walk into a courtroom with him, the monster and be calm, almost peaceful with still love in my heart, and actually not need to do anything but deal with the matter at hand and get him away from me.

It was interesting how when I first got to the parking lot and saw his truck there was such a deep yuk (the oh so familiar feeling), and my sponsor calmed me down. We sat in the car for a few minutes and then she saw him walk by the car, look at me, and then he came back and left, so we got out. As we were walking he turned around and I quickly looked away. He headed back to the car and then followed us up to the court. I actually ran up the stairs and I was ok. I have to say it was like G-d wrapped his arms around and told me I just needed to go through this. I watched it just play out and left it all in my A and G-ds hands.

For those of you who are new, I NEVER EVER thought there would be this day when truly I could walk away and be not only ok, but victorious because it was G-ds blessings. I have walked through every horrible, imaginable feeling and today G-d gave me his grace and peace of mind to just keep building a life for me and my boys.

I remember how you all told me it would happen, I wanted to believe you, but I absolutely couldn't imagine it. I'm sorry to repeat this, he didn't affect me. His power is gone. I am free and so is he. May G-d bless him and keep him safe because he is sick and just not the man I married.

I started the day in my new life, taking a nice beautiful walk with my sponsor, and I ended it today, getting a ride to my AA meeting and walking home, take care of my body.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude and emotion for how today turned out and I pray to G-d that I have been grateful enough and humble enough to deserve the blessings he has given me and to not misuse what he has done.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Remember:

the Micah verse

the Isaiah chapter

and, when you need G-d's help, here is something from the man from Nazareth:

Matthew 7:7 & 8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

M
M
Queenie,

What can I say?

grin

What a wonderful surprise, a judge with common sense.

Mark

Q
OP Offline
Q
Cinder, I will work on those all summer long to not ever forget them.

Mark, you can teach me to serve the Lord when I forget this special day. Because he made it possible and I need to glorify him forever and ever.

She was a good judge. Fair on both sides. I didn't get everything, but i did get peace of mind for my children. I got what G-d needed me to have. And now I need to remember that and learn to trust in it all times.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Queenie - I'm so relieved. I've been praying for you all day. And now I will give thanks.

J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
James,

I know that I did Plan B to protect myself. The fruits of what happened today are evident it is working. But I would be lying if I said, that I don't wish every night when I say my prayers, that G-d will bring my H back home one day.

Can that relationship make it with all the financial trouble? Well, it's not my deal and not my journey. I just hurt for what's happened.

I pray to G-d one day my H understands how much I love him.

I'm right there with you Queenie.

I'm also very proud of the way you handled yourself today. I only hope that in the coming mediation with WW I can hold the same poise, and be strong in the knowledge that God and everyone here has my back.

You're doing it the right way Queenie, don't doubt that for a second. Your WH is a fool to think he's better off anywhere but with someone who loves him even half as much as you.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
H
H
Congratulations Queenie...you deserve every cent...

Remember...nothing is impossible with God......

Walk by faith and not by sight...

BS;ME43,WH45
DS19,DS16
DDay:6Dec06
WH left12Dec06
DIV:3Dec08
WH marries OW 21days later!

Page 190 of 339 1 2 188 189 190 191 192 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 485 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation