Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
T
OP Offline
T
I'm fading fast...

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

N
N
Originally Posted by TryTooHard
I'm fading fast...

What's the problem Try???

I think you would be wise to stay off the Rain thread. I have an inkling that is the problem.

So, give us the 411.....

wanna bring ya back

hang in there....this stuff does suck....

not2fun

T
OP Offline
T
I think you would be wise to stay off the Rain thread. I have an inkling that is the problem.

I realize I was harsh to her.

I apologized to her for that.

I am not posting to her any longer. I recommended that she confide in FWW's and attempted to exit gracefully...

I'M the problem?...

Enough about her.

I'm feeling like I'm drowning in the cesspool my life has become. I don't know how I keep going.

It's like the Bataan Death March...

DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

She finally quit on...

5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

H
H
TTH whats the issue right now? Vent away

BH - 31 (me)
WW - 27
Married 3 years, Together 8 years
No Children
EA (Internet) - 11/07
PA (He flew down 4 times) - 02/08
D-Day - 4/21/08
NC - 4/22/08
T
OP Offline
T
Just can't seem to shake the resentment, anguish and hopelessness.

What was once the greatest love story imaginable was thrown away for nothing.

As a result of the year of abuse and torment we are in financial ruin.

We are literally facing foreclosure.

My business is floundering.

The implications of all of this for my innocent 3yo son are crushing.

Even the slightest bump in the road knocks open floodgates of emotion.

I feel like I have no peace or sanctuary from my disbelief and pain.

I am physically exhausted and emotionally spent.

I barely have the mental acuity to function let alone perform my job.

I am really the only hope for salvaging our financial situation, and I'm not sure if I'm even capable.

I feel like I am futily searching for something nonexistent.

Other than that everything's F-ing rosy...

DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

She finally quit on...

5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

N
N
I'M the problem?...

Enough about her.

I'm feeling like I'm drowning in the cesspool my life has become. I don't know how I keep going.

It's like the Bataan Death March...

Honey, I wasn't saying that what you said to Rain was the problem, but reading about her sitch and how she is at the moment, drags you right back to Dday and all the feelings that go with it.....

Ok...H is right,,,what is your problem right now????

Why is your life a cesspool TODAY?????

not2fun

S
S

TTH belive me when i say that i know how you feel, i have BTDT too and had vets tell me that time will make it better (along with the "F"WS continuing to show remorse, etc.

You know by my other posts in this thread that i do not believe that any A are as simple as they seem and that certain aspects of the "fog" and such i believe are BS (not betrayed spouse here).

But i can tell you that even though i feel i have a LONG way to go, i do feel better each and every day.

H
H
Well its been a year since your first D-Day but less than two months since the last. So resentment, anguish, hopelessness are prolly to be expected. I am in the midst of those feelings myself. I think my wife had it incredibly good and it seems ridiculous that she did what she did with some internet-gaming [censored] loser.

What kind of response are you getting from WW at this point? Is she distant? preoccupied with OM? fighting to make things work with you?

Are you doing anything for fun? I mean, the A is always lurking I know, but are you getting out with other people besides WW, doing stuff just to have a distraction for a bit?

What are you searching for? I am wondering because I dont even know what to begin to want out of all this. Do you have a fixed idea of how you hope things will be?

BH - 31 (me)
WW - 27
Married 3 years, Together 8 years
No Children
EA (Internet) - 11/07
PA (He flew down 4 times) - 02/08
D-Day - 4/21/08
NC - 4/22/08
T
OP Offline
T
Honey, I wasn't saying that what you said to Rain was the problem, but reading about her sitch and how she is at the moment, drags you right back to Dday and all the feelings that go with it.....

N2F - I'm smellin' what yer cookin' now... Makes sense.

Unfortunately the "drag" back to D-dayS 'aint that far. I feel like it's always d-day. To take the metaphor one step further: It's like I'm storming the beach and being peppered with gunfire continuously. I get shot down. I wake and attempt it all over. Kinda like groundhog day and the little F-er keeps seeing his shadow...

... Ok, that's two different WW11 references and groundhog day all in two posts?!? WTF?...

I'll take Mixed metaphors for $500, Alex...

I need help!

DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

She finally quit on...

5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

N
N

It happens to me all the time....It is sometimes a game of mind over matter....when this doesn't work, then pray. Then go for a long hard walk or jog.

[/quote]What was once the greatest love story imaginable was thrown away for nothing. [/quote]

No it wasn't. You must learn to let this go. If it was the greatest love story, you would not be here. So TODAY, make a new love story....FEELINGS FOLLOW ACTIONS...

[/quote]As a result of the year of abuse and torment we are in financial ruin. [/quote]

I know, this part really really sucks. But you are not alone. So are we. It angers me at times too. Especially when I think of all the money spent on the BOW. But we cannot change the past Try. All we can do is work on today.

[/quote]My business is floundering. [/quote]

If it makes you feel better, so is my WS's business. And he is the WS and the OM.

What is it you do??? Is there a way we on here can help you???

[/quote]The implications of all of this for my innocent 3yo son are crushing.[/quote]

This sometimes is the worst of all of this. I feel for you. But take solace in the fact that he is so young, and cannot process the things ILMH has done. My DD 14 knows, and this will cause her untold problems for who-knows how long. But we cannot borrow worries. All we can do is put them in God's hands and know that He will take care of them.....

[/quote]Even the slightest bump in the road knocks open floodgates of emotion.[/quote]

This part sucks too. We were not prepared for this. And you know what, there was no way we COULD have been prepared for it. Consider the bumps the trials we need to put what we have learned here into practice.

[/quote]I feel like I have no peace or sanctuary from my disbelief and pain.

I feel like I am futily searching for something nonexistent.[/quote]

Try, honestly, I feel for you. I really do. I can relate to this. And sometimes all we can do is let the feelings come, exsponge them, shed another layer, and then pick ourselves up and move on.

As for as the searching the nonexistent, look at the VETS on here and know that this is not true. A happy and blessed M can be on horizone.......all we have to do is look around us and see that.....

I'm praying for you Try.....hang in there. You know this is just a passing feeling.

not2fun

N
N
ok....Try.....

This is my suggestion for tonight.....

You and ILMH need some fun. Money is tight right???? So what do you do for fun???? Are there some places around you that you two can do for free??? Zoo/Museum????

YOu need to get a babysitter and do something fun and light with ILMH.....and have absolutely NO AFFAIR/MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP/FINANCIAL talk.

Plain and simple. Just some good ol' fashion fun. Time to create a memory for the two of you.....

not2fun

ps...obviously I cannot do the multiple quote thingy....Man I am so computer illiterate.... grin

H
H
TTH,

I don't know if you have thought about this but ADs may help you in your situation. They are not a cop-out. They can just abate the overwhelming sensation enough that you can cope better with the day to day.

My H and I have been through the wringer financially and I worried for so long that our boys would suffer. But children only know if their parents love and care for them. They may complain about not getting the new toy, but they live happily without (sometimes better, I think). Your son will be fine as long as you and your W surround him with love. He is resilient.

Have you are ILMH been spending your good time together? I find I feel much better when H and I are able to meet that 15 hour goal. When it slacks, I slip quickly back in to the abyss.

Keep going. You'll make it.

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

I
iam Offline
I

I barely have the mental acuity to function let alone perform my job.

I am really the only hope for salvaging our financial situation, and I'm not sure if I'm even capable.

Hey TTH. I'm with you. Trust me it gets better. Just like your WW was no different than other WW's neither are you different than other BS's.

Within 2 months of d-day I was fired. I had never been fired. I was always an exceptional worker sought out by my competition.

I lost 15% of my body weight (I was thin to start with). I got intestinal disease (Never been sick a day before in my life).

Didn't sleep or eat. Couldn't function. Just a freaking zombie.

That was two years ago. Now I'm better. Not perfect but definitely better.

All I can say is that a truly caring WW and time will heal most of your worries. I won't bullsh*t you, some things are still broken but it does get better.

Hang in there brother.

N
N
Originally Posted by hicktownmommy
TTH,

I don't know if you have thought about this but ADs may help you in your situation. They are not a cop-out. They can just abate the overwhelming sensation enough that you can cope better with the day to day.

OMG....GREAT suggestion HTM. I can't believe I didn['t think of it first.....

Try,

HTM is right. I am on the AD's and really they do help. I know the sigma behind them and how hard to admit that you might need them, but it really is much better than wallowing in this muck.....what are you thoughts on this???

not2fun

M
M
You and ILMH need some fun.

Yep!

The death was not just of trust or of the way things once were. The death was the death of what you once beileved was true and the way you thought they were.

The life you thought you had was not real. There was no "happily ever after" that was ensured by the wedding. The Hollywood "ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after" was merely a movie script and wasn't your marriage after all.

The question is now, "What will you do to write a real ending to your story?"

You trusted her blindly with no reason to do so. The trust wasn't earned and so giving it was it's downfall. What can she do to earn back your earned trust?

You believed she would never allow herself to be swayed and led astray because you bought into the Hollywood script, that marriage is automatic and love is a magical thing that is stronger than life. Now that you know love is something that needs to be built, rebuilt and maintained, how will you rebuild that love into one stronger than before?

Your wife too assumed too much about love and marriage and commitment. She thought it was like in the movies, that it was something that just happened and required no protection. It resulted in her being proven to be human and less than perfect. How can she protect her own feelings from being led down that road once more?

You're in a finacial hole. How can you climb out of that hole? You can't dig yourself out of it, because digging only makes the hole deeper. What can you do to climb out and fill it in?

You're in an emotional hole. You can't dig out of that one either. It too must be climbed out of and filled with something or you'll just fall back into it as soon as you think you are free.

TTH, I also see something here to consider. When you tried to debate/educate/correct the thinking of a WW, you got sucked back into your own world of pain. It reminded you of all the things that came before. The lies, the deception, the cheating, the stealing...

It all flooded back and made you wonder just what the he77 you were doing and why you would bother.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

and the doctor says...

"Then don't do this..."

But just as we told you when you arrived that a WW is lost in the fog, you have to realize that once the fog is gone, or at least begins to clear, the FWS is no longer even that person who did those things. That was the WS, and just as we try to tell newbies that their spouse has been abducted by aliens and replaced with an evil clone, that clone is now dead and your real wife is returning to you.

Make the most of THAT fact and the fact that she wants so badly to undo what she has done. But it isn't in her power to go back and not do what has already happened. All she can do now is to show you that she has returned to you for real. And all you can do is what is in your power to change what is to happen next. You can't change what was, or even what is. You only have power over what will be. Use THAT power...

How can your wife make you feel loved and in love with her?

The same way you can make her feel loved and in love with you...

By filling each other's love banks to overflowing...

And how do you do that? By meeting each other's ENs repeatedly and avoiding love busters long enough for it to build back up.

And how do you accomplish this? By spending time together, meeting each other's ENs and doing all you can to keep away those things that destroy your love for each other.

Already used this analogy today a time or two.

You can put a roof on the house, replace windows and doors, fix up the kitchen and redo the bathrooms, but if the foundation fails, the house will fall and no amount of paint or lumber or plumbing fixtures will save it. The foundation of your marriage is your love for each other. You have to rebuild THAT FIRST!

If you keep ttrying to fix everything that is wrong with the marriage and do nothing to rebuild the love, trust will not matter, because the marriage will end. Either you will lose hope completely because there will alsways be something that needs fixing, or she will lose hope and quit trying, leaving her vulnerable once again.

You can paint over the cracks and they will return. You can rebild the walls and they will still fall if you don't shore up the house before you begin.

At the current rate, your house will fall down in 6 months!

FIX THE FOUNDATION FIRST! It's what makes Marriage Builders better than all the rest! It is what Dr Harley himself says makes his way different and more successful than others.

Recovery takes at least a couple of years. That is two years of doing the MB stuff, not two years of searching for some magic bullet that will make you feel OK and her suddenly saying something that will make you feel OK. The longer you struggle with looking, the longer until you feel OK.

BUILD YOU LOVE BANKS AND FILL THEM UP!

Focus on each other and doing for each other and fix what you can in your spare time.

You keep asking why...

I keep asking, what will you do now?

If you look deep inside, you can identify what your part in the marriage being vulnerable to an affair was. FIX THAT! That was supposed to happen as part of Plan A.

If you keep looking for what you could have done differently, you will miss the chance to do what you need to do now.

FIX THE FOUNDATION FIRST!

I'm all out of dimensional lumber, 2 by, 4 by and 6 by are all used up...

Don't make me come and choke you in person... grin

Or send Not. She has a mean right cross, from what I gather... laugh

Mark

N
N
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Or send Not. She has a mean right cross, from what I gather... laugh

Hey, I'm not called Sugar Ray Not for nothing...... wink

not2fun

ps...

TTH....I posted to ILMH. Dude, the woman loves you. She wants to be with YOU. Grab onto this and BELIEVE IT.....it is your life-preserver you are looking for.....

N
N
PS.....

NO AFFAIR TALK TODAY.......NONE ....ZIP....NADA.......

This is my MANDATORY assignment for you today....

now I have to bow out because my basement needs to get done and that would meet a very important EN of my WS.....

not2fun

N
N
hey Try,

Just checking in with you today....How is it today??? Any "fading" going on???????

Hang in there.....if it makes you feel any better, ILMH is in a much better place than my WS, or least framemind. Heck, she's out of the fog.....

not2fun

R
R
My gosh, Try...Not2 and Mark are giving you such excellent advice! Mark--truly amazing (as usual!!) grin

Please give yourself a break, Try! Take a step back and re-focus. You need time to heal. Give yourself that time.

You are analyzing everything right now--every emotion, every consequence, every THING every second of every day. This may be your way of fixing other problems in your life, but this time it is only making it worse.

Please stop talking about the A with ILMH every free moment you get together. This will destroy you AND your M. It is also tearing your wife down as she is trying with all of her power to prove to you how sorry she is and re-build your life together. I know about financial devastation...we are still struggling, but it is getting better. You DO HAVE CONTROL of some of this. But, the control lies in what you make of your life NOW, and NOT in re-hashing what has happened, why it happened, why you didn't react sooner, why you allowed her to lie and manipulate you, etc.

You ARE strong enough to overcome this. You CAN make it work. Things WILL get better in time. You are not just sticking around for your son, Try...you love your wife. It may not seem like love at times during the low points, but it IS...

And you will be OK!

Peace,
LaLa

FWW(me) 37
BS 38
DS 9 & 5
PA 7/06-8/06
Dday 2/17/07

Fogapalooza-My Babbly Beginning
My Story
I
I
I love you, we can make it through this....

FWW-28
BH-41(still claiming 34 LOL!)
DS-3
D-DAY 05/08
EA 07/07-10/07
PA 10/07-12/07
MARRIED 08/19/2001
ON OUR WAY TO RECOVERY
ON MY WAY TO BECOMING A BETTER WIFE
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation