Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 52 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 51 52
S
S
HI, I forgot to come back and get picked up...am I too late? The divorce bus passed me a few weeks ago...

:flagging down the bus: HEY HEY WHAT ABOUT ME? I'm healthier than I was before...moving on! LMAO

Nothing to add on the other stuff...of course they always get what they want and more often more of what they don't want...

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
Oh yeah, Fathers Day!

I got toys and dinner last week, in combination with my son in law's birthday celebration.

My fave:
Martian Popping Thing

-ol' 2long

Last edited by 2long; 06/13/08 12:19 PM. Reason: "Its..."
P
P
Chris,

The iPod isn't too hard to figure out. Download iTunes, install it, plug in your iPod through the USB port, and the program will recognize your iPod.

Put in your CD's while iTunes is running and it will ask you if you want to add it to your library.

You do that, update your iPod, and are then good to go with your music.

Ask if you have any questions and I'm sure DD20 can walk you through it as well.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
B
B
That's some good tips Chris

Now stop trying to press the play and record buttons at the same time.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
P
P
Make sure you push the "any" key and pat your head and rub your belly while the songs download.

Failure to do so could mean that you need to hold the CD up to your monitor so the computer can read it properly and get the title right.

Call apple if you need help and make sure that Steve Jobs himself gives you the tech support to make it work.

smile

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks all for checking in. A few months ago I would have figured that this would be a depressing day but it really does not seem to have any impact at all. Strange.

Princess and the Pep: Thanks for the kind words about DD. She has been my rock for the last 18 months. I am a very lucky father.

Thanks as always SL, Pom and my Cajun brother.

HEY HEY WHAT ABOUT ME? I'm healthier than I was before

It’s all the exercise you get from chasing this d@mn train Rin.

2long: That Martian popping thing is cool, but I kind of like the fart finger pen on the same page you linked. Very classy! I bet Beau buys one when he sees it.

Maybe I need a map to the dark side of Pluto.

Follow the black lights James.

Blue Christmas

Last edited by chrisner; 06/13/08 03:46 PM. Reason: Hey guys, I just wanted you to know that, the reactors won't take it; the ship is breaking apart and all that... Just FYI.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B
Don't need it wink

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
OP Offline
C
It's always smart to have a back up.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/13/08 03:52 PM. Reason: This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B
I'm more interested in the Pirate Toast Stamper

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
And then there's This gummy banana slug that I got for Christmas last year. Ha'nt et it yet...

-ol' 2long

Last edited by 2long; 06/13/08 04:40 PM. Reason: Mongo like candy!
F
F
I am particularly fond of my 30 milliwatt green laser . Kinda dangerous, but only if you shine it at a reflective surface.

Chris - interesting reading - your thread.

I so would not want to recover the old M. I have found a treasure in an old friend. I WIN!!!!!!

Your daughter is a gem, Chris. We could all tell that when we met at Bob's.

Good to see you healing, bro. It is a great feeling to be out of the woods, yes?

far

foundareason
D: March 2006 (xw - multiple a's)

I have found a NEW REASON!!!!
A Treasure!!
S
S
LOL...in that case Chris, just pass me by! LOL...

I think I deserve a beer for all of the work! LOL Or two, perhaps three...

Still my limit BC...HAHA!

2long- LOVE THE SLUG MAN!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
C
OP Offline
C
My neighbor two doors up was found dead in his home yesterday evening. When I arrived home from work there were paramedics, fireman and several police parked everywhere. The paramedics and fireman left without taking anyone, the police stayed outside the house and soon a forensic investigator arrived. You could tell that the situation was worst case when the investigator put on gloves and a respirator before entering the house.

He had an accident at work several months ago and was still recovering. The forensic investigator asked me a few questions about Mike and the coroner wagon arrived shortly after. The last time I saw him was two weeks ago. I asked how he was doing and he said he was getting much better.

I have known Mike for nearly 15 years. It was one of those typical neighbor relationships comprised mostly of greetings called out across the lawns. We talked occasionally but in truth I had never been in his house and I don’t know his last name.
But from what I knew of him, he really was a great guy, a friend to fury critters everywhere and I always felt if I needed help he would be there.

I called DD20 and told her. She cried a little as she has known Mike since she was DD5 and he was always very sweet to her.

I have thought of Mike often over the past 18 months as our situation was looking quite similar. We are both divorced single guys who now fall in the “reduced life expectancy” category label that goes with divorced single guys. I am guessing Mike was in his late 50’s maybe early 60’s.

I remember him dating a woman for a brief time when we first moved in but he has been totally alone now for well over ten years. I don’t obsess on it but I often have the thought that I could very well have the same fate. And of all my fears of this situation the thought of dying at home alone and it taking days before anyone even knows has been at the top of the list. And this is exactly what happened to Mike.

I wonder if he had not been alone when whatever crisis struck him if he could have been saved?

Anyhow, I bought tickets for DD and me to go to Minnesota at the end of August. We will finally be taking my Mother’s ashes back to the original family farm. Mom had the greatest times of her life there particularly with her own Mother who died when Mom was only 12.

With the remainder of our time we will hit the state fair and of course DD’s Wonderland, the Mall of the Northern Hemisphere.

Last edited by chrisner; 07/10/08 11:19 AM. Reason: Come out and fight! It is a good day to die! Thank You for making me a Human Being! Thank You for helpin' me to become a warrior! Thank You for my victories, and for my defeats! Thank You for my vision, and the blindness in which I saw further!

Q
Q
{{{{{{{Chrisner}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sorry for your loss and the pain that is being brought up over it. But maybe this is a way for you to look at what is happening in your life and seek guidance on if you need to tweak your path a little.

I don't believe you will die alone unless you choose to be alone. Will there be another "someone" in your life, I don't know that either, only G-d does.

But if you want it, you can pray for it. Remember there are woman out there like me, who are loving, caring and want what you want. They just have to be free and you have to be open to meeting them.

smile

Have a good trip and take care of yourself.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Chris:

I'm so sorry 2 hear about your neighbor. I had one of those "over the fence" neighbors many years ago who was a joy 2 converse with. Had a great outlook on life. I remember he developed a cough that was misdiagnosed, and died just a month later.

Chris, with your family and friends, you'll never really be alone, even if they're not with you at a given moment.

And even when you are alone, I doubt you're lonely.

all the best,
-ol' 2long

J
J
Sorry to hear the news big guy.. I know it's got to hit home when something like that happens a few doors down.

It's not just dying alone that bothers me these days.. it's stuff even smaller than that, like.. what if I fall off the roof hanging Christmas lights or fixing the siding?

What if I fall down the stairs and break my back?

That's some pretty tough stuff to think about as you're climbing a ladder to re-attach some siding to the house.. and you know what? I think it breeds just a little more resentment towards the STBX...

Don't know how to help that out, but Queenie is right in one respect.. at your stage in the game bro, being alone is a choice. Maybe it's the right one for now (though I do seem to remember either you or BC mentioning a lady friend..).. but you get to choose when it's the right time in your life to open that door, and if it is God's will for you, the RIGHT woman will come walking through.

Chin up man.. you didn't wake up on the obits page this morning. That's a good start to the day.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
Ok, here is polyana again.

This alone deal. Don't you communicate with your children or people in your life everyday? Wouldn't those people notice if you weren't around for one day?

Then I really understood that you could fall and no one would be around at that moment which could save your life.

But then the other reality is, your spouse could have been on a trip and the same thing would happen and you would be alone.

So, maybe we can think of a way other than a man or lady friend to reassure you of this in the event something happens.

Or am I just being too polyana? wink

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Ahhhh... dangit Queenie.. sometimes when you're right you're right!

Boils down to the ole reminder that we can't live our lives worrying about the things we have no control over.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Sorry to hear about your neighbor, Chrisner. HE may have chosen to be alone. It doesn't sound like that is what you want, so I don't believe you will suffer a similar fate.

I worry about the 'little' things, like James spoke of. Since the whole neck thing, I worry about falling and breaking my neck. Never really concerned me before.

I suppose being thrust into the position of being alone by the waywards is yet another offense to deal with.

(((Chrisner)))

added...

I agree with Queenie, too. I talk to my dad on the regular. He has never even dated since my mom died in 1999. He also had a heart attack some years back, and has never really taken care of himself since. He drinks too much, eats way too much and isn't active. There is nothing I can do for him. He has to do it for himself. This is his choice.

I'm pretty sure you have already chosen to build an even better relationship with your daughter, with a new lady, and within your community. it will be noticed if you are absent.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 07/10/08 11:57 AM.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
So sorry to hear of the loss, chris.

I don’t obsess on it but I often have the thought that I could very well have the same fate. And of all my fears of this situation the thought of dying at home alone and it taking days before anyone even knows has been at the top of the list. And this is exactly what happened to Mike.

I can promise you that this will not happen to you. You don't have the personality for it.

If DGS doesn't snatch you up for the rest of your days, there are MANY women who would love that honor.

Enjoy Minnesota, chris. MY mom is on her way there the end of this month - she's contemplating moving there.

Fox

Page 31 of 52 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation