Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 132 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 131 132
S
S
but it seems like lightening speed from the demise of HappyHoHouse.

You are assuming a lot about that house, me thinks.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
Now it's the "HappyNoHoHouse"

Fox

L
L
Can I have one of those girly slushy drinks instead of popcorn?
It'll make all this speculatin' much more fun!

I soooo wish I could watch Drac catch sight of the Goddess and the football player!

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Lexxxy, I wish you had been there, too - - because I didn't see anything when it came to Drac other than where he was sitting and when he said goodbye to Ladybugs.

MCD and I sat close to homeplate. Drac arrived just in time for Ladybugs to grab her stuff and run over to me to help her change. He sat quite a ways down and behind where I couldn't really see him and I was busy getting Ladybugs changed so I didn't see what, if any, reaction there was.

MCD was very cool about the whole night. He even asked me a couple of times if I was okay,,,,as he knows what it's like to go through this kind of thing. I asked him back if he was ok, and he replied, "Hey, I'm 6ft 3 and 234. I'll always be ok"

Ladybugs spent most of her time with me between innings, and almost none over with Drac. DSS didn't come so Drac was by himself.

MCD told me to expect to get some email tomorrow from Drac, givng me grief about him being there. I said I doubted if I'd hear about it, so we placed a new dinner bet.

I did carry off the Goddess look very well. MCD had on his business casual, which quite nice for casual. Although not a date, we made a nice looking couple, if I do say so myself.

After the game I spoke with several folks that I know on the way to the car, so I didn't even see Drac leave. My paster made a point to introduce himself to MCD, which was very nice.

Sorry to disappoint, but there's really nothing to report. I don't know how much Drac looked, observed, noticed, reacted, whatever (if he did any of those things at all, , he may not have given me a second glance)

I was actually quite comfortable. We enjoyed the game and had nice conversation. After MCD took us for salad & pizza. He was great with Ladybugs. He left right after dinner and that was it.

All this great build up for what turned out to be a non-event. Actually, I'd describe it as just a nice evening. I enjoyed the company.

Oh, and it was nice to remember what it is like to have a man open my car door, restaurant door, etc.! It's been a while since I've had someone treat me like a lady in that way! laugh

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
P
P
MCD told me to expect to get some email tomorrow from Drac, givng me grief about him being there. I said I doubted if I'd hear about it, so we placed a new dinner bet.

I think MCD sounds like a very smart man. I can picture the scene... DRAC sitting behind you guys unable to concentrate on the game because his eyes were BUG-GING out! How dare you have a life and be happy now that he's free. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
Q
Good golly Miss Bugs,

We have had quite a couple of days haven't we? I don't know where James is, but I have the popcorn.

You are doing incredible... And especially by listening to those who understand what is going on and therefore able to help you walk through it.

{{{{{{{{{{BUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
he may not have given me a second glance)

Cmon, Bugsy, he SAW you alright...

All this great build up for what turned out to be a non-event.

We'll see....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
S
S
Well, OF COURSE, it bothered him, piqued his interest ("who is that guy?" he thinks). Duh. I mean, c'mon, even your PASTOR was interested in meeting this man. Be for real, Bugsy.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
c'mon, even your PASTOR was interested in meeting this man. Be for real, Bugsy.

Yeah, Bugsy....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
L
L
Hah.

No email yet?

That is because Drac was awake all night. Tossing and turning and knowing that he went too far. He actually pushed Bugsy all the way away. Now what can he do? He's strategizing and thinking. How can I make contact and find out what is going on?
Will ladybugs tell me who this guy is? Can I call her sister?
Who will tell me?

He's going to SNOOP!

Cuz he knows you won't answer his questions.

When does he see ladybugs again? She's going to get the 3rd degree!

M
M
You've got to be DARKER than ever, ever....

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Okay, Okay, so I am sure he noticed. Frankly, how could you miss such a big good looking guy like that sitting next to me?

I am just trying to be as REALISTIC as possible - and to me, REALISTICLY speaking, it is possible that Drac's reaction could be RELIEF.

RELIEF that I have 'finally accepted and moved on'. Remember, that has been what he's told me he wants me to do.

That's what I meant by not giving us a second glance. I meant not giving it much of a second thought. He's now even MORE free to move on with the next HO or rekindle with THE HO with less guilt.

It's his opportunity to 'be friends' and have the advantages of a friendly relationship with the Ex.

Drac won't be with Ladybugs until Sunday night, so not much chance of any questions for quite some time.

Today I am having lunch with a co-worker I haven't seen in a while who is friends with Drac. We have been friends for 15 years through work, and then out of work during my marriage to Drac.

I intend to NOT have Drac on the list of topics that we discuss today. I am asking no questions and making no comments.

Gotta run. Ladybugs has a field trip today and can't be late!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

You've got to be DARKER than ever, ever....

Definately

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

L
L
Bugs:

You and MCD sat behind home plate. Drac was out of YOUR sightline.

But you WERE NOT out of his sightline.

He watched. He stewed.

Just wait.

Your Plan B just got alot more fun.

Buy some ink for that printer.

When you get the email, keep it short and sweet.

Drac:

"We're Just Friends"

Bugs

I really liked that, whoever pointed that out.

I do not believe that you will get vile evil (wow! those are the same letteres, resorted!) emails. Nope. That would not serve his purpose.

So, expect a chatty email about the kids, with a subtle reference to MCD. Then you can answer the kid quuestion if you like, but the only answer he is looking for is the bait he dropped for MCD. I would reply as above if it is more direct, i.e., "who's your friend?" then if it was indirect, "were you there with anyone else?" or "Why did you sit someplace beside your normal place at the game?"

As an aside. Your evening with MCD. You state that he asked you SEVERAL times if you were OK. You said yes. Was your tension that noticeable? Where you wound so tight, that you could not be the Bugsy that you are capable of being when Drac isn't within sightlines? Just a thought. Maybe MCD is just a more considerate guy and CAN pickup on what your emotional state is, and with some knowledge of the sitch you are in, wanted to make sure that HE wasn't causing you MORE discomfort. He's intruded into an area that MAYBE he should NOT have trod yet. Maybe just going to Applebys and having dinner to pay off the bet could have worked better. Just a thought.

As much fun as it is to poke a stick in the eye of Drac, we certainly do not want to use others in that process. (I do not think you were using MCD) However, during and after the event, the unknown undercurrents may have come to the surface. Your dinner was better because Drac wasn't around, and you COULD be calmer.

Oh well. Just me musing a little.

LG

W
W
Bugs,

What did LadyBugs think about MCD being there?

Drac noticed - he HAD to, affair or not you were his woman for a long time. Even people I knew in high school that I didn't date, draw my attention if I see them out and around. I'm curious about what they are up to now. Your importance is much bigger to Drac.

He may act aloof, he may struggle with himself NOT to react in your presence, but he saw and I have no doubt that it effected him.

Keep is updated today - Drac will need to do SOMETHING.

As for the opening of the car door and restaurant door - isn't that the coolest thing? To be treated like a LADY? Women's lib has it's place, but I sure like to be taken care of and treated well sometimes.

Fox

P
P
Remember, that has been what he's told me he wants me to do.

And remember... waywards say the dumbest things. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
And remember... waywards say the dumbest things.

I will reiterate, if you step back and look at Drac with the wayward script translator in hand, you will see that he is no different than many other waywards; they SAY all sorts of idiotic stuff, DO even MORE idiotic stuff, but they ARE predictable.

Heck, they run out on their families, BUY new homes, play 'house' with the Ho's and expect all to be well in that wake. Maroons smirk

I know, I know, Drac said this or that, and has followed thru, blah blah blah. Sure he has, because he was IN an affair, may still be, just boomeranging at the moment.

HE is just TYPICAL. Yeah, that doesn't mean that you will have the fractured fairytale ending you want, where you all, eventually, live together as a restored family, but that doesn't mean he won't WANT you to make it so. Problem is, at least for me, that ending would require PWC to be completely bottomed out.

I have been jerked around enough to say WHEN. Honestly, PWC followed the script, over and over again, just in a more PA kinda way; ignoring me and pushing me away to the point that he got me to throw him out, over and over again. What a sick dance.

You are doing it right, Bugsy. Hang in there. You never know what could happen. Any way it goes, you are going to be A okay.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
Drac:

"We're Just Friends"

Bugs

I may have misinterpreted this from LG..not reading carefully..BUT...DO NOT RESPOND this way...

Drac needs to be kept IN THE DARK...

You owe him NO EXPLANATIONS about YOUR LIFE...

He needs to SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES of his ACTIONS...Bottom out as SL has stated...

He may be telling himself that you had someone else in order to justify his actions...BUT to see it in BLACK AND WHITE (LOL..no pun intended until I typed this) probably sent him over SOME edge...

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Good afternoon, everyone!

Lots of great stuff here this morning, Thanks!!

Let me try to respond to as much as I can.

First, LG, about MCD.

Your evening with MCD. You state that he asked you SEVERAL times if you were OK. You said yes. Was your tension that noticeable? Where you wound so tight, that you could not be the Bugsy that you are capable of being when Drac isn't within sightlines?

Not at all. In fact, I felt more relaxed than I have in a long time when Drac is present.

Maybe MCD is just a more considerate guy and CAN pickup on what your emotional state is, and with some knowledge of the sitch you are in, wanted to make sure that HE wasn't causing you MORE discomfort

I think that is on the money. He's also in similiar circumstances recently, so he has a higher level of consideration of this kind of thing than the average man on the street.

I appreciate your confidence in my not using MCD in this situation either. That is something that I am perhaps TOO sensitive about in that I know I'm not ready to 'date' anyone, and the idea that even anything casual could be misconstrued is a big concern for me. I can't stand the thought of hurting anyone else. There are already enough victims in this tragedy.

SL - How many times have I read this on the Forums?
HE is just TYPICAL.

Yet it is the Perfect reminder that I needed.

PM added the other perfect reminder -

HE is just TYPICAL.

Mimi,,,,,I think you are right about the darkness. However, one of these days the "We're just friends" line may be appropriate and I will most CERTAINLY enjoy the irony of it all.

He may be telling himself that you had someone else in order to justify his actions...BUT to see it in BLACK AND WHITE (LOL..no pun intended until I typed this) probably sent him over SOME edge...

I almost spit out my coffee this morning when I laughed out loud at that one!

So, does anyone have any popcorn left? Lexxxy, are you still sipping your Slushie drink? There's a specific reason that I am asking -

I need to go read the Email in my In Box from Drac that came about an hour ago and wanted to be sure everyone is stocked up first.

I'll be baaaaccckk after a brief pause for these commercial messages - - - -

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

S
S
As much as I love LG's advice to you, and as poetic-justicially as it would be, I'm with Mimi on the "we're just friends" line.

Dark, dark, dark.

Glad you had a good time and aren't letting yourself react (i.e., live and die) to what Drac did. What happens will happen.

It's a beautiful day out there today.

Edit: Cross-posted. I look forward to the update.

Last edited by sdguy038; 07/15/08 03:51 PM. Reason: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Page 74 of 132 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 131 132

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation