Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kk2002 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It has been a while since I've checked in here. I've seen some of the same names and faces back to 2002 when I first was on the site. I am so happy to see a few of you find your special someone. I pray you will have a "marriage builder" fruitful and happy marriage.
Well, 5 years post divorce, and time certainly does heal. My kids (2 in college, 1 a senior in high school) still struggle with issues from time to time, but God has really blessed us all. I have attempted several relationships in these past almost 6 years. Each one has failed. I don't know if that means it's still not the right one/time, or if I am just not going about it the right way. I have a very definite pattern, and have mentioned it before here. I become extremely interested in a man and believe "he's the one." We see each other often (too often), and then I totally lose interest. Usually over night. Then I start having extreme anxiety and just want to be alone again. this happens in a time span of 2 weeks to 3 or 4 months. I don't think I've had one go over 4 months. My moods swing up and down, and I find that I am emotionally healthiest when I'm not interested in someone. But then I start to thinking I do want someone, and I usually sign up for eharmony, or get fixed up by a friend, or find someone at a church singles group. I have finally decided that it is becoming a big issue, and I need to get help (duh!) if I ever want to get married again. In another year, my last one will leave for college, and I guess I will start to get my act together soon. I'm looking for a good therapist (hard to find). Any suggestions on how/where to find one?
THanks for listening, friends, and I will try to be on more and see what's going on.
For the most part, I'm very happy and contented. Maybe I am not meant to be with someone.
KK

Me, 49
Divorced 3-13-03
son 21, daughter 18, daughter 16
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new
thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland” (Isa. 43:18, 19).

F
F
I'm looking for a good therapist (hard to find). Any suggestions on how/where to find one?
Check with your church or a large church in the area. I know I got a list from my church of local Christian therapists and doctors when I was going through my divorce.

K
kk2002 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I guess I feel like I've gotten over the anger and bitterness of the divorce, but now I just don't know how to have a healthy relationship. I am so happy for those of you who have! I pray that one day I will.....
KK

Me, 49
Divorced 3-13-03
son 21, daughter 18, daughter 16
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new
thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland” (Isa. 43:18, 19).

M
M
Hi Kay...... I saw your post and I just had to post.... Wow your kids are doing great huh??? Two in college and one going to graduate.... Time flies huh?? My oldest just graduated... she is going to a technical school right now for an 8 month program for Medical Admin. Assoc. my youngest is going to be a sophmore....Also can I just say don't beat yourself up --- at least you have dated my friend - me not so much - just that one little thing I had going on with Mark back right when I just got divorced - since then nothing - like two dates.... I am still hiding in the world of non dating if you will.... It is funny I called my first therapist well the same office back in - May because I really thought that I needed to go back to therapy because well I am just not happy - do you know they said well let me check with the doctor if we can accept you back and I will get back to you - ummm ok July is almost over and I still haven't heard from them.... and yes I know I could have called back but I have been busy.... Actually not busy for me but for everyone else... Ok so if you want you can email me - and we can catch up... mimi_welch@yahoo.com....

Trying to Let myself find a life after four years of being divorced - Great at the mom thing.. Just not good at the "ME" thing....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation