Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
T
I just love stories like these. I had a colleague who believed she couldn't have children. On a posting to Fiji, they adopted a little girl. They then moved to HK and adopted a little chinese sister for their polynesian daughter. A few years later, at the age of 46, she suddenly found herself pregnant naturally and had a baby boy. She had a beautiful rainbow family and I was always touched that my daughter had no concept at the age of 10 that they weren't a natural family. It didn't occur to her that a white family couldn't give birth to a black or chinese child.
Once again Suzet, this is such wonderful news. You will be a great mum.
TT

S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks TT, Bigk and simply_me!

Something else I want to share:

At a coffee shop a while ago, me and my H bumped into a Christian lady we both know relatively well, but don’t have contact with very often. She knows about our situation and asked us if we have tried for a baby yet with the intro-fertilization. We shared with her our longing to conceive “naturally” if it’s God’s will. She took our names and cell phone numbers and said she’s going to add us to a prayer list. Yesterday when I phoned her to inform her about the wonderful news too, she shared with me that a major prayer action had taken place on the 10th of May at a certain place in our city. (It was leaded by a Christian person who has made it his life goal to testify about God and spread the Word of God as far as possible). She said when couples with infertility problems were asked to raise so that they can be prayed for, she stood up on our behalf and there were specifically prayed for us as well. I looked on the calendar and realized that I conceived approximately around the same time this had taken place… I was stunned and amazed by this realization… What a wonderful testimony of God’s goodness and almightiness… All the praise to Him! smile

C
C
Dear Suzet,

Congratulations! I couldn't help but read your thread which promised (and delivered) "wonderful news." How refreshing to hear of happy events in this forum!

My sister (who is dealing with her husband's infidelity) owns an adoption agency, and frequently counsels infertile couples. She often shares stories about her clients and the amazing ways in which they become parents.

We must always trust that God has a plan for us greater anything we can ever imagine.

Many blessings to you, and best of luck!

Carlee

S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Some feedback/update on the pregnancy:

Yesterday my H and I went to the doctor for my 2nd sonar. The doctor is very satisfied and everything looks good. The baby’s heartbeat and growth is normal and everything that needs to be there is there (arms, feet etc.). The screen test for Down syndrome showed there is almost no risk for the syndrome. Blood were drawn to test for other things as well (it’s just procedure) and the results will be available in a week’s time. However, I just know everything will be fine!

The “miniature” baby is now 5 cm long (approximately 2 inches). I’m now 11 weeks pregnant and according to the sonar, my due date is 31 Jan next year. It’s so amazing and exciting to watch that tiny little being on the sonar, to hear the heartbeat and to think it will develop in a full grown baby over the next few months! It’s really wonderful and amazing how God created life and knit a new baby together in the womb…

I have used antidepressants chronically for a period of more than 5 years (mainly because of genetic disorders in my family). After my pregnancy was confirmed, the doctor advised me to preferably go off the AD and see how I feel. I weaned it off within 2 weeks and I’m totally off the AD for 3 weeks now. I’m doing absolutely fine and didn’t have any major withdrawal symptoms from the AD. The previous time I tried to get of the AD I struggled severely (even while I have weaned it off over a few months). This time it was so different and I’m so grateful.

Blessings to all,
Suzet

F
F
Congratulations Suzet!

And many still think it's not a baby, even with the "look inside" evidence. Hard to believe.

If you get a chance to have a 3D/4D sonagram (sonar) done, it's quite amazing to see the detail. My daughter who is due in a few weeks had one done last May. Amazing!

God bless!

S
S
Yes, God bless all of you.

We hope this experience is all that you hope it will be.
It always was for us.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
B
B
Suzet, reading this takes me back to that wonderful time when Squid was carrying our first child ! What MAGICAL times they were !

Walking in the wonder and awe of a new life being "knit together" within her !

May God raise this child up strong, and righteous, with loving parents who bless it ! Amen !

laugh

MB Alumni
S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you FH, SS and Bob – I appreciate your words and will keep you updated!

smile

A while ago my H and I watched the Christian movie “Facing the giants” on DVD. The movie touched us very much. The couple in the movie struggled with infertility and their specific situation (with regards to infertility) was EXACTLY the same as me and my H. Towards the end of the movie, God blessed them with TWO little “miracles”. If you can watch the movie, please do so, it’s very, very good. The other story lines and Christian messages in it are very good and touching as well.

S
S
Suzet,

Many blessings for you and your child. God does work miracles everyday.

My W was in the hospital yeaars ago and was about to undergo a D&C, but a second medical opinion was necessaary to proceed. The second Dr. disagreed and felt instead my W was pregnant.

They released her from the hospital and she immediately went to the lab for testing. You guessed it, she was pregnant with my youngest son.

I thank God for intervening and stopping that proceedure that would have surely killed my son. We still refer to him as our miracle child.

All Blessings,
Jerry

_
_

Suzet:

The miracle of a kid smile

I sang to my son when he was in the womb. He was fussing on the warming table and I sang the song. He reached for me. I still get a lump in my throat when I think about it.

Congratulations and all the best.

Larry

S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi friends,

We went for another scan/sonar yesterday and this time the doctor did a 4D sonar as well. How wonderful and amazing! We could see the legs, hand and fingers moving and we could also see the baby open its mouth to drink the amniotic fluid.

It’s now almost 17 weeks. The baby is now 11.7 cm (4.6 inches) long from head to bum and weights 164 grams (0.36 pounds). Growth is 100% normal and healthy at this stage. The biggest surprise of all...the doctor could tell sex of the baby yesterday and...

it’s a BOY!

It was such a big surprise because for one or other reason, both of us thought from the beginning it would be a girl!

I felt the first sign of movement last week Saturday while I was busy with an exercising video and then again afterwards in the shower. It was very, very fleeting and light but I’m sure it was there... I haven’t felt it again since then. I’ve read on the Internet most women start feeling movement (“quickening”) from about 18 weeks or more, but it’s possible to start feeling it as early as 15 or 16 weeks.

We still stand up every morning and feel so blessed and amazed by this...sometimes it still feels unreal... We can't wait to hold our boy in our arms!

Blessings to all.
Suzet

T
T
AAAhhhh!! It won't be long until you hold your little boy in your arms but in the meantime, enjoy the thrill of your first pregnancy. Having a baby wiggle around inside is just amazing. Keep well and so glad you're off the medication without too much hassle. I'm sure you don't have much cause to be on AD's at the moment - you sound over the moon.

S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi TT, yes I’m very excited but with it also goes fears and worries like “Will I be a good mom?”; “Will I/we be able to provide for our child’s emotional, physical and spiritual needs…will I be up to the responsibility?” ; “Will I cope?” etc. For me, the visits for the sonar also goes with some anxiety (because beforehand I wonder if everything will still be well with the child) and then afterwards follows the big relief when the doctor indeed confirms that everything is still well and normal!

I’m so grateful I was able to go off the AD’s without too much hassle. At the beginning of the year my doctor discovered a problem with my thyroid levels and I’m using thyroid medication since then. The doctor also monitors the levels closely while I’m pregnant now. I have a suspicion that the abnormal levels of the thyroid functions might have been the cause for some of my depression/anxiety problems all along and that the stabilized thyroid levels after I’ve started the thyroid medication, was probably the reason why it was so easy for me to go off the AD’s. However, because of my depression history and family history of depression, I realize I might be at huge risk for post-partum depression after birth and will not hesitate to go back on medication should it be necessary.

A while back I had some severe emotional stress because of my younger brother – he found out his wife cheated on him sexually and I was extremely sad, upset and worried about him (he was near a break down at that point). The night he called me with some more bad news he found out about his wife, I had some bleeding for the first time since the pregnancy and was very worried about it because I’ve read that any type of bleeding might be a sign of threatening miscarriage... Luckily the bleeding stopped that same night and after a visit to the doctor, it was confirmed that everything is still well with the pregnancy. However, the doctor warned me to try and avoid any type of emotional stress (or to try and distance myself from it) since it is not healthy for the pregnancy. It seems my brother’s W is starting to “get it” now and they are trying to work things out now (they have 2 small kids).

J
J
Ah, how wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us the excitement and good news. Prayers for your continued health and blessings. pray

It's good that your doctor is aware of the potential for post-partum depression and will be watching. Worrying about whether you'll be a good parent is natural... it would be a bad sign if you didn't worry! Prepare to have that worry for the rest of your life... when he gets his first fever... takes his first steps... learns to ride his first bike... drive his first car... go on his first date... gets his first job... crazy

Sorry, there's time enough for that later. smile

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
D
D
“Will I be a good mom?”; “Will I/we be able to provide for our child’s emotional, physical and spiritual needs…will I be up to the responsibility?”

Suzet,

You do realize that you already ARE these things, right?

That you ask is an indication of your being them already.

All my love,
Kimmy

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Dealan-de, thinking of it that way gives it a new perspective – thank you! smile When I have those doubts, I’m also thinking: “Well, God wouldn’t have blessed us with this miracle if He didn’t trust us with it or thought we wouldn’t be up to the task...”

Jayne, I get what you’re saying! smile What you’ve said made me think of something a good friend once said to me: “Having a child is like having your heart on the outside permanently...especially when the child grows bigger and starts exploring the world out there...”

F
F
Suzet, just wanted to say congratulations on the news that you are having a boy! Little boys love their moms in a very special way. hug

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
D
Originally Posted by Suzet_H
Dealan-de, thinking of it that way gives it a new perspective – thank you! smile When I have those doubts, I’m also thinking: “Well, God wouldn’t have blessed us with this miracle if He didn’t trust us with it or thought we wouldn’t be up to the task...”

I think your pregnancy happened in God's time.

HE knew what was best for you and your marriage/family.

Remember that.

Anyone up for a virtual shower for Suzet?

I'll begin it on another thread for her.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
Suzet_H Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Dear friends,

I just want to report that everything is still going well with the pregnancy. I’m now in the 24th week of pregnancy and it is a bit less than 4 months before the baby will be born. I can’t believe time is going by so fast! The only “downside” is that symptoms of depression and anxiety have started to return recently after I’ve stopped the chronic use of anti-dep 3 months ago on my doctor’s request (for the safety of the pregnancy), but at this stage it’s not too severe and I try to keep things under control with natural supplements (that’s safe to use during pregnancy) and mild exercise. The only thing I really find difficult to control is sleeplessness and some days I feel extremely tired at work because of that. My doctor said if I really feel it is necessary and my symptoms get worse, I can go back on the anti-dep although it might have a slight risk during the 3rd trimester. However, I’m not willing to take the slightest risk that might endanger our baby’s development and really want to try and stay of the medication at least until the baby is born. This pregnancy is such a blessing to us and I did not want anything to put a “damper” on this special time, but I guess there’s things in life one can’t always control and I must try to view this as only a small “bump” in the road.

Blessings to all,
Suzet

I'm a FWW (35) who had an online EA years ago
BH is 36 and we are 11 years married, expecting our 1st child
F
F
Great news, Suzet!

Now, what seems to trigger a depressive mood in you?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation