Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I have never noticed a trend among IT guys, but I HAVE noticed a trend amongst NURSES. We have TONS of nurses here or spouses of nurses. But it seems to be an equal mix of BS' and WS'.

I have noticed a trend as well. We get a TON of computer owners here ---- I think it is common amongst computer owners.

Oh - WAIT a minute - HOLD 'da phone - perhaps the folks posting their stories on MB are folks that have access to a computer at home or work ---- jeeze - that would include nurses AND "IT guys"

grin
grin
grin

Have you ever noticed that nearly 90% of people who have cancer have chewed gum in their lifetime. This must mean gum chewing leads to cancer !

EUREKA ! I have found the cause for cancer ---- grin

M
OP Offline
M
the woman is clearly in denial!! Everyone knows you nurses are naughty! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P

very naughty

but not as naughty as people in sales

M
OP Offline
M
Hey commie, I hear ya about the po-lice. I live down here in a virtual POLICE STATE in Texas! I get HARASSED and OPPRESSED all the time by these BROWNSHIRTS. If they can't harass ya on the road, they send ya PHOTOSHOPPED pictures accusing you of running red lights and what not. mad Its a police state! I am thinking of getting a boat and escaping to CUBA! :eek:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband

very naughty

but not as naughty as people in sales

That is a wicked lie spread by those beancounters in finance! :eek:

Exposure 101

P
P
Hey commie, I hear ya about the po-lice. I live down here in a virtual POLICE STATE in Texas! I get HARASSED and OPPRESSED all the time by these BROWNSHIRTS. If they can't harass ya on the road, they send ya PHOTOSHOPPED pictures accusing you of running red lights and what not. mad Its a police state! I am thinking of getting a boat and escaping to CUBA! :eek:

I got a close up photo of myself, sent to me in the mail by the nice folks at the DMV. I don't know why .... except I was yaking on the phone and running a red light !!!!!!!!!
I "bought" the photo - it cost me almost $400 - I love California

YES - I am GUILTY

and YES - I NEVER talk on the phone while driving anymore - not even hands-free

I figure I'm too old to drive anyway

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I got a close up photo of myself, sent to me in the mail by the nice folks at the DMV. I don't know why .... except I was yaking on the phone and running a red light !!!!!!!!!

YES - I am GUILTY

and YES - I NEVER talk on the phone while driving anymore - not even hands-free

Why those sons a b***es! What an INVASION of your privacy! mad We have SPY-CAMS everywhere here too. Did you explain to them that WOMEN can multi-task and are fully capable of driving and talkng on the cell phone??

Exposure 101

N
N

Wowww Pep!~

Musta been a great pic to spend $400 on it!! laugh

Tell me, was it a "Glamour Shot" with your hair blowing in the wind and all? grin

P
P
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy

Wowww Pep!~

Musta been a great pic to spend $400 on it!! laugh

Tell me, was it a "Glamour Shot" with your hair blowing in the wind and all? grin

This was July 2007 - I was driving home from the DMV after renewing my driver's license!

My 1st ticket in 40 years.

shtbkt

R
R
I'd like to start by saying I am the uber multitasker, I consider it my THING. But, I stopped talking on my cell while driving a couple years ago. I realized if I was going to drive a one ton+ contraption at 70 MPH with other folks doing the same, my BRAIN better be in on it.

Nowadays, I get REALLY frustrated with folks who still do. 9 times outta 10 when a person is driving eratically, its because they're yapping on their cell. And BIG p.s., seems most of them are male. Just sayin'.

:eek:

M
OP Offline
M
See, here is THE PROBLEM with THE MAN as I see it. They don't understand HOW women drive. We don't necessarily follow the speed limit, instead we drive according to our MOOD. They don't GET that. As my good friend, mopey, suggested, I should have shown the policeman my MOOD RING.

As a result, these brownshirts try and hold us to a standard that just does not exist in our world, hence the oppression of women in Texas! I wanted to go explain this to the JUDGE in my recent altercation with THE MAN, but my husband insisted on just paying the $430. [my DH does not understand the mood angle either and thinks I should I be thrown in JAIL, a major DJ! mad]

I may have to just send those boys a nice letter telling them a thing or two about a thing or two. smirk

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Viva La Revolucion! laugh

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Resilient
Nowadays, I get REALLY frustrated with folks who still do. 9 times outta 10 when a person is driving eratically, its because they're yapping on their cell. And BIG p.s., seems most of them are male. Just sayin'.

:eek:

MEN cannot multitask, Jo!! Whereas, women like me can talk on the phone, apply lipstick AND adjust the radio at the same time without veering off the road! cool

Exposure 101

R
R
MEN cannot multitask, Jo!! Whereas, women like me can talk on the phone, apply lipstick AND adjust the radio at the same time without veering off the road! cool

I'm sure you're right. Doesn't seem quite fair. Perhaps their tickets should cost more because of that limitation. And for us, no citation, just a "Guideline".

H
H
Here just to let you folks know. Since whenever I post that my affair seems to be the only things you folks care about.

3 weeks ago I told my wife about the affair. Monday the 4th at 12:00 PM.

I even told her to come here but then she read a few of the posts by someone of the "experts" here and said no thanks.

But I will say a few interesting things have happened.

1) I understand the anger of you BS's better now. Still disagree with a lot of you on the best approaches to "fixing" things, though. I think a lot of that has to do with the length of my affair. Learned how to have another relationship outside of my marriage.

2) I very much do now understand the hate for the OP. As I have withdrawn and helped my wife the more I have grown to dislike the OW.

3) The more I withdraw the more I understand the root cause (remember IT background) of why I strayed. Is interesting getting a better understand of the why.

4) We are not re-evaluating our marriage, with the length of the affair we are re-evaluating our whole relationship. Since our relationship has to be fixed before our marriage can even being to be worked on.

But overall in MC and proceeding on how trying to work on things.

M
M
3 weeks ago I told my wife about the affair.

yeah, sure you did.

H
H
Oh I see I answer the question of if I have told the wife and some of you don't accept the answer. OK.

Was an ugly conversation, but guilt did drive me to do it.

Even meet with the MC that we had been seeing and apologized to her as well, since she had asked me if I was in an A when we first saw her and I denied it.

I still do come to this site though daily and do get good information while lurking. A find a definite hostile tone to site overall though which is growing. It is interesting the hostility is not just towards WS it is also against FWS and BS.

Some really good posts lately as to why you should try to fix the marriage if you are staying for the kids. That one hit home and was another reason why I confessed.

No way to prove anything to some of you folks. But at least I can now have it off my mind that I have not posted that I told the wife. Don't know why I care if you folks know or not, but there are a few of you here that are helpful and I feel I owed it to them (mostly) since I was very rude at first.

Last edited by hu7668; 08/27/08 03:12 PM.
K
K
How is your wife coping?

L
L
Hu,

Do you believe you'd do anything to heal your BW and your marriage? If you're willing to accept the slings and arrows, make time to read all the MB articles by Dr. Harley with your BW on this site.

Then read the threads together, talk about them, share.

Don't do what you don't like done to you--narrow a whole board down to a group and discard...so many are here and have been on MB...walked in your shoes and your BW's...worked hard, even when they felt hit upside the head here...stuck with it and gleaned what they needed most here.

You came on the board and lied to everyone. I don't know if I can believe you or not. Same as in your marriage...rebuilding that trust takes time and effort...stop posting where you'll be attacked...and you know you will be...focus on rebuilding trust in yourself (you lied to yourself for over three years), earning it from others and it will be mirrored the same way within your marriage.

Use that fight and flare you have FOR your marriage...you can do this. Even posting here, learning to not take what isn't about you as about you...derive the kernel of wisdom within it. Everyone here can help your marriage...you won't get it what you want, when you want it, in the way you want it...that was my experience...and it highlighted those same conditions in why I had my A's...how much I cut my spouse off from getting deposits into my love bank...and how I justified, discounted and dismissed.

Even in the function there is information. I promise.

There are upward spirals. Great to hear that you thought about what was shared with you about becoming Team Marriage again after attacking it for so long, being its enemy.

In prayers,

LA

H
H
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
How is your wife coping?

All depends on the time of the day.

During the day when she is busy everything is strangely normal.

But when we are going to bed that is the time she triggers and the questions come out. I answer her questions, although with some of the information I make sure she wants to really know before telling her.

She has even commented to the MC that she is not sure how to deal with this. She has tried to blame herself and I repeat over and over it is not her fault. I do support her comments about the OW, since now I am sharing them quite a bit.

Tough part is how to be open and honest since I did everything at work. There is no way for her to track what I do here (or at any job). So I talk to her throughout the day and make sure I give her my plans for the day etc....

I did a very good job of covering my tracks so proving anything to her is very difficult.

LovingAnyway:
Oh there are certain people here I want nothing to do with. Those people I will continue to ignore. Those people are also not the people that I have gained information from while lurking.

Last edited by hu7668; 08/27/08 03:25 PM. Reason: Added comment for LovingAnyway
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 380 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation