Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
well, considering his own staffer came out with a "I'm not surprised" bet on the story being true. JE will be shown to have been there, fathering the child, etc. I would bet the house on it.

If KR had anything to do with it, he would have waited until Edwards was picked as the VP candidate and then sprung it loose.

That's why all of Obama's dirty laundry has yet to be given a full media push.

Last edited by medc; 07/29/08 08:46 AM.
L
L
Now I KNOW we're not going to do another "slash and burn" thread on dems/reps/lawyers/etc....

The issue here is the judgment of elected, or potentially-elected public officials. In the interests of avoiding hypocrisy, how 'bout looking at John McCain's self-acknowledged affairage to current wife? The issue here is about character.

I'm a military officer and his behavior sickens me...

If God is a DJ, life is a dance floor, you get what you're given, it's all how you use it... Pink
M
M
I'm a military officer and his behavior sickens me...

me too.

The ONLY mitigating factor that comes into play for me is I cannot begin to imagine how years in captivity impacted him. His ex wife also supports him.

The issue here is the judgment of elected, or potentially-elected public officials.

actually I thought the issue HERE was dicussing the news story that this thread was predicated on.

Last edited by medc; 07/29/08 10:59 AM.
L
L
Gee, L2F, there you are!

Here we are, silly us, bumping your thread, trying to catch your attention...we just weren't waving in the correct direction.

smile

Hiya!

LA

H
H
Originally Posted by MyRevelation
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
So, no one thinks the sorcerer K.R. might be behind this story? I mean, really, after all....'tis the season!!

Charlotte,

I don't think I've ever posted to you, but we obviously share the same suspicions about the veracity of this story.

The timing just SMACKS of dirty politics. I've always thought JE would make a great VP running mate for Obama ... possibly the R's see him as a threat also???

Stunning. Believe a completely unsubstantiated irrational conspiracy theory over investigation collaborated by independent sources.

M
M
While I understand and agree with your point, I think you mean "corroborated." The use of "collaborate" here would support a conspiracy theory which I think is contrary to your point.

T
T
Holy moly! Even though Karl Rove is responsible for all Republican dirty tricks in the whole of America--or so the "evil mastermind" has been accused--but who knew he controlled John Edwards' zipper, too? crazy Such power. I am in awe...

L
L
The ONLY mitigating factor that comes into play for me is I cannot begin to imagine how years in captivity impacted him. His ex wife also supports him.

Yeah...but no. His ex wife refers more to his wanting to be 25 when he was 40. She moved on and is happier for it...it's a stretch to say she "supports" him.

I've been in the culture of Naval Aviation for over 20 years, and had ample opportunity to sow my oats while married. I didn't because it wasn't part of MY character to do so, even though plenty of my squadronmates made a different choice.

When I was a CO I was amazed at how smart, funny and attractive I became to those serving under me (rolling eyes icon). A different man would have taken full advantage of such an opportunity.

When JM was a RAG CO (after never having had an operational command), he demonstrated a serious lack of judgment in his social decisions. It's apparent that he's one of those guys whose response to being in power was guided by a "what CAN I do", rather than "what SHOULD I do"...

As for the news story...it's pretty disquieting. JE always seemed a little to "slick" for my tastes...time will tell.

If God is a DJ, life is a dance floor, you get what you're given, it's all how you use it... Pink
_
_
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Holy moly! Even though Karl Rove is responsible for all Republican dirty tricks in the whole of America--or so the "evil mastermind" has been accused--but who knew he controlled John Edwards' zipper, too? crazy Such power. I am in awe...

I have been on the fringe of politics and politicians for a very long time. I can tell you for a fact that fast zippers amongst that bunch is a very high proportional number. The number of women willing to drop their drawers for those in power is far greater than you normally find except in similar circumstance, like old style corporate offices. Take a look at Clinton and Monica as prime examples. Nothing unusual about the attitude of either one of those two. Or of the now replaced NJ Governor or heck the list goes on and on and on and includes both parties.

And medc is right, KR would have waited until the time was ripe for maximum impact. Which is not to say that the Dems don't have their own stealth bombers. It goes with the territory. If you look, you will find the tabloids have extremely good stringers and reporters, and they make a ton of money exposing the dirt on people of all strips, the more public the better.

One major factor in political infidelity is that the number of those with entitlement complex seems higher than amongst the general population, again, no surprise. This brings me back to the purpose of this thread. Edwards is no accident. He has a very large ego and no scruples from what I can see. I have read several books on him and various articles. Cheaters come in many stripes and being a member of any given political party does not make them immune, nor should said membership provide someone with reason to blame KR, the tabloids or the great XXXX conspiracy for what the cretins dream up as their right to ego satisfaction all by their lonesome.

Larry

L
L
LA, Hiya back!

Here we are, silly us, bumping your thread, trying to catch your attention...we just weren't waving in the correct direction.

oops, sorry... been busy and spending more time on the divorcing forum lately. It's all good.

Will resurrect my thread w/ details.

Thanks for waving!!

L2F

End of T/J

T
T
It's not just politicians, either. What's always bugged me, in addition to the stupid women who drool over "powerful" males, is the incredibly stupid men who seem to think that they personally are the big attraction to the groupies that surround them. Does anybody think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would be able to mess around with young girls if they were normal working class blokes? And poor? Donald Trump's wives married him for his charm, his winsome personality, his hair?

_
_
It's not just politicians, either. What's always bugged me, in addition to the stupid women who drool over "powerful" males, is the incredibly stupid men who seem to think that they personally are the big attraction to the groupies that surround them. Does anybody think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would be able to mess around with young girls if they were normal working class blokes? And poor? Donald Trump's wives married him for his charm, his winsome personality, his hair?

Ahhhhhhh come on, as a Nurse, you KNOW you can't fix stupid.

Larry

H
H
I have trouble understanding the logic in how Edwards alleged bad behavior is justified by another’s bad behavior. I observe conservatives holding Republicans that misbehave accountable and feel many Liberals, while not concerned with deviant behavior, object to the hypocrisy of Republicans promoting one standard while practicing another. The result is both conservatives and liberals condemn the Republican indiscretion, even if for different reasons, while mainly conservatives object to Democrat indiscretions. My opinion is based on generalizations and I understand there are exceptions on both sides of the aisle.
Medc, you caught me! Mr. Rove will not be pleased with me.

T
T
you KNOW you can't fix stupid.

Not from the end of the body in which I specialize, anyway. laugh

M
M

Ahh ... but you forget what KR did to John McCain in the 2000 presidential primaries in South Carolina ... same MO here.

M
M
Myrev...I think you are wrong. McCain was in the primaries already. Rove would most assuredly wait till Edwards was in to launch this. Do you really doubt that this is a true story?? If so, where are JE and his wife hiding out??? Has he come out this past week to denounce this story??? Nope..he was there at 2:30 am visiting a woman....and most likely his kid.

BTW...JE would not be the first potential VP candidate to go after...would he??? Aren't there bigger, more likely VP choices that would be a target?

M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
So, no one thinks the sorcerer K.R. might be behind this story? I mean, really, after all....'tis the season!!

LOL

I don't think KR or anyone else in the GOP thinks JE is much of a threat.

I think it is more likely that someone in his own party might have have wanted to knock him off Obama's short list.

Of course, I think it's even more likely that the NE wanted to prove that their original story was true...oh, and the idea they'd make a few bucks from this story probably didn't hurt either. wink

M
M
Originally Posted by medc
Do you really doubt that this is a true story??

Personally, I have a hard time taking the National Inquirer or Fox News seriously on basically any story, but if you are asking if I doubt whether ANY politican could be unfaithful ... not hardly.

M
M
Nope, that's not what i was asking. I asked you if you had any doubt that THIS story is correct. See, I can't think of any reason why he would be there at 2:30 am and then run from reporters. Common sense dictates that he was up to no good.

A
A
Originally Posted by Learning2Fly
I've been in the culture of Naval Aviation for over 20 years, and had ample opportunity to sow my oats while married. I didn't because it wasn't part of MY character to do so, even though plenty of my squadron mates made a different choice."
Ah, tell me about navy pilots. Wife's VLTA OM was a Navy fighter pilot. And his current BW is the OW from his first M. He also had several mistresses distributed among various foreign countries at the same time as the VLTA with my W.

A good friend of mine played football for the NA. He told me he intended to meet OM some night after work and relearn him the code of conduct. Don't known if he did, though OM did run far away soon after I confronted him.

Originally Posted by Learning2Fly
When JM was a RAG CO (after never having had an operational command), he demonstrated a serious lack of judgment in his social decisions. It's apparent that he's one of those guys whose response to being in power was guided by a "what CAN I do", rather than "what SHOULD I do"
I think JM could probably be a good pres. But I will not vote for him because he was an adulterer.

Last edited by Aphelion; 07/29/08 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation