Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 220 of 339 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Vacation Bible School eh? My family I think can be traced back to the Levites, so for yesterday, we were family.

I can hear the excitement in your voice. I'm so happy for you.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Monday's lesson was baby Moses, yesterday was the good Samaritan. This morning was Zaccheus. I don't know what tonight is. Heaven's Queenie! We are related. Go back to Noah...back to Abraham...back to Adam and Eve. Jesus may be the focal point of Christianity but he celebrated Hanukkah. We're related. Every day.

M
M
Finally!

Something I can join the conversation about...

Mark

Last edited by Mark1952; 07/30/08 06:43 PM. Reason: 'Cause I don't proofread well when I'm in a hurry...
Q
OP Offline
Q
LOL, not to mention I missed your sermon last week.

wink

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Tonight, I was the leader of the pack.....Lead the children from the puppet/gathering room to the lesson room....and then to the craft room. Then, I got to take the 2s to another room where they could play. I had a wonderful time. I think the itty bitty ones liked me.....

L
L
Just passing through to say HI, Queenie... you seem to have lots of company keeping you on your toes!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
Just passing through too. It's late but wanted to stop by to say hello to fellow Plan B'ers. As SL says - we come out at night.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
A
A
Evening ladies smile I see everyone is in good spirits !!!

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hey Cinders, I'm glad you are having fun with the kids. The itty bitty ones eventually grow up. Darn it.

Hi Luna, Chai and Pretty,

How are you all doing? I went to a new alanon meeting tonight, spilled my guts and put it out there I need to start working the steps and getting a sponsor. I feel better now that I did that.

Well, family drama at it's best. My house is rented or should be for the next 6 months. Woohoo. However, we need WH's signature. Not sure if he will agree, but hope so.

My house idea is not dead yet. I just leave it alone for awhile.

My BIL evidently came unglued at my YS this week and started yelling at him or talking to his daughter and it became a very ugly scene. He is an active alcoholic and my SIL is up at our family cabin. There is so much dysfunction in that house, but YS seems to have gotten through it ok and doesn't want me to worry, so I am not. He is learning to take care of himself and that's a good thing.

My oldest niece is getting married tomorrow, and I have tried to figure out how to come up with the money, but there is just no way, so I won't be able to be there.

My middle niece has kicked her H out for cheating on here and all WH could muddle, well it actually doesn't matter because I'm not supposed to be thinking about him.

All in all, it's ok and I am grateful that I have almost made it through the day.

Thanks to you all on here and especially G-d.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
((((Queenie))))

Came in today passing out hugs and prayers to all the Amigos and wanted to drop in and spread some love here as well.

I feel your pain every step of this walk, as it seems our paths run parallel on so many occasions.

Not much to add as you're doing spectacular, and you're getting the best of advice from some of the best people.. and most importantly.. you're keeping God at the center of your life. I have every confidence that one day.. probably before you even realize it.. you'll be the shining star, and the wonderful woman God has always envisioned you to be.

Some of us see it already.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
L
L
Hi Queenie,

I went to a new alanon meeting tonight, spilled my guts and put it out there I need to start working the steps and getting a sponsor. I feel better now that I did that.

I don't know much about AA and alanon meetings... I understand a bit the difference in the objectives, but how different or similar are the 'steps' you refer from one group to the other?

Sounds like you found the meeting encouraging. Keep up the good work, as you seem to have your 'hands full'!

((((((((((((((QUEENIE)))))))))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks James for stopping by. I really miss the talks we used to have. Colts are going down this weekend dude, sorry.
Our walk does always seem to be so similar and at least we get to help each other through it. smile

Hi Luna,

Actually the steps are exactly the same, but instead of alcohol I admitted I am powerless over people, places and things and that my life has become unmanageable.

Living in a dry drunk for so many years I had to clean up my side of the street and be able to face G-d. Alanon will help me to learn to understand how I can't CONTROL anyone else and how to learn boundaries, etc, so that when H comes home I won't create the same mistakes that my codependency issues created. Because that was also in play for both of us, we had this dance that was not good and I need to learn new ways of living.

I guess in the end, if I don't work on my alanon, then any relationship I get into will recreate the past because I didn't change myself enough to have a new way of living.

And that's what this was all about for me.. Becoming the woman G-d always envisioned for me.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Evening Queenie! How are you doing?

I am doing ok. DH went to Laredo yesterday morning and came back tonight smile But hes getting ready to head to El Paso on Sunday or Monday morning for the week frown frown I dont like it when hes gone. I just need to see if my boss will let me work early on Thurs and friday and will go from there on the rest... errr But I have a feeling he wont. Cant I just quit?????

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Pretty,

I'm ok. This was an interesting day for me. I got to do an amends to someone who wasn't on my list, but I needed to clean this up and apologize for some crappy behavior in the past. It felt good to take care of that as it popped up.

Actually before that, my girlfriend called me up to take me to her workplace and then the strip mall so I would get out of my hole, it was raining today.

So when I got in the car she handed me 600.00 to spend. I was so touched, gracious, but refused. Then she offered it to me again. The OLD me would have taken it in a heartbeat, but the NEW me needs to trust G-d and keep having faith that the money will come in from the state.

If I get desparate I can go to my trustor for money, I might even be getting a dividend check pretty soon, but this was a success because the reality is, I would spend it on things I probably didn't need and I wouldn't have the money for a while and that would put something between our friendship.

It was a growth day for me and I'm grateful to G-d for today.

Now for you quitting. Of course you CAN quit, but the consequences will suck. Do you have to stay at that job, is there something else you could do or better hours? Has school started, could you work there?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
You had a very successful day! I am proud of you. I am sure you touched your friend when you turned it down. I know it was a challenge for you overall. The temptation of having that money given to you.

Congrats as well on making amends with someone even if they were not on your list. It still shows you are growing and improving.

Im sure there is, only thing is that the job I get has to be able to atleast pay daycare and be worth the time put into the job! I havent really been looking. We are thinking of taking the house off the market and refinance it. Get our debts in order and go from there. Just gotta keep to the plan. And right now we havent really. With DH trips I want to make sure he has money to get what he needs.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
I don't know if I touched her or not. I just knew that I didn't want this between us. I love her alot and she and I have walked through this together. Her H left her around the same time as mine.

You and your H are working on this together, which is awesome, and way cool because it's bonding you two for your future. How amazing is that. In a ways it's giving you an opportunity to do POJA? Would you agree?

There are options out there, but you two discussing them and looking at what's best for all concerend is most important and you can bet that G-d is looking down on you, smiling at the success of your M healing which is most important of all.

No one EVER died from sleep, just perhaps a little grouchy and then of course, you two can find time to take naps together. My father always used to laugh why I always assumed my mom was taking the nap even though they were both laying down together. And the brass bed. OY VEY - such noise from a parents room. LOL

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
LOL I can only imagine.

Yes DH and I do the POJA often!! And do only things that are ENTHUSIASTIC *sp* respone too smile

Tonight it touched me. Since he will be getting ready for a week long road trip he told me that he knows its going to be hard and what can he do to help. I was debating on telling him to clone himself so he can help with the three handfuls we have lol.

DS#1 cleaned my living room and kitchen today. Took DS#2 and DD to destroy it in 5 min tops...

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Remember we are here for you and I especially have time to talk to you and keep you awake and moving along.

I have to tell you a story. Shhh.. It's a secret so don't tell anyone. This is how G-d works in my life.

Years ago we were so broke that I was looking for any way to generate money. Our Amway business wasn't moving along and I was desparate. Money in those days was way more important to me and I went crazy with spending it on stuff that was useless in the end.

One of our friends pulled me off to the side and made the comment I should get a 900 number and you know, have PS. In those days, I was so different and well, that's one of the things I am ashamed of was how I looked at things. But lessons learned and boy... So I came home and talked to my H and asked him what he thought about the idea.

Well Mr. Prude, one position, blah. blah.. told me to pray to G-d for my answer. So I did. And literally the next morning I woke up with absolute, total laryngitis for 3 weeks. Guess who didn't go down that road.

Thank G-d.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
LoL

At one point thinking of doing that. I know a friend who made tons of money working there!! And hey it was a job smile

I just hate how much is served on our plates at one time. Sometimes I question why we have to handle so much all at once.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Well you took that part of the story well, now the rest. A few years fast forward I was listening to the radio station that H and I always listened to in the morning, but separately. It gave us something to talk about when he would call me every morning to tell me he loved me. I really miss that part of my day.

Anyways, "my boys" were having a discussion on legalizing pot, which because of my background in AA I am totally against. So I called up to talk about it, and after teasing with them for a few minutes the one guy Spike, goes in the back, geez, you could make a mint on your voice.

I just chuckled to myself. Here I had been PTA President, Temple Sisterhood President and 2nd secretary at school in command, busted for PS. Not good headlines...

Sometimes I question why we have to handle so much all at once.
Because these are the times, these VERY TIMES that G-d wants us to seek him out and let him know we are here for him. I think it was Jacob who said Here I am G-d.

Talk to G-d Pretty, just in an everyday voice, sitting in a chair, lying in bed asking him for guidance on what he needs you to do. Maybe you can give him the problem and let him walk you through it.

Our best thinking got us into these messes, you can trust G-d to help you get out of it. That's what he wants more than anything is a relationship with you.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 220 of 339 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 560 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation