Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Originally Posted by medc
Nope, that's not what i was asking. I asked you if you had any doubt that THIS story is correct. See, I can't think of any reason why he would be there at 2:30 am and then run from reporters. Common sense dictates that he was up to no good.

I wouldn't believe ANY story with the only source(s) coming from the National Inquirer and/or Fox News, but that's just me ... feel free to believe what you wish.

Like I said before, I don't "doubt" that it could be true, but I don't "believe" it based on the sources.

M
M
so, do you only choose to believe the left leaning "news" organizations? I get the issue with the NE...but Fox is as accurate as any other news station. They just come at things from a conservative perspective.

M
M
MyRev, did you have a problem trusting what the NE had to say about Rush's drug addiction?

I know the MSM didn't.

_
_
Originally Posted by medc
so, do you only choose to believe the left leaning "news" organizations? I get the issue with the NE...but Fox is as accurate as any other news station. They just come at things from a conservative perspective.

What is reported in what passes for "News" in this country is only as accurate as those doing the reporting. Now it happens that Fox has a mantra they push called "We report, you decide," and that doesn't sit well with a bunch of loonies on the left like moveon.org and that ilk. Without question, most major news organizations in this country are left leaning. That may be because they are sometimes well educated and that they see a lot and it may be that their culture breeds their thought processes, take your pick. Or it might be that it is easier to cater to management bias and more job secure. You can pick that if you like as well. I think the latter applies to the NYT, for example.

Having participated in a few events that made the news, I can tell you from my experience, that what was reported bore some resemblance to what happened but lacked details that would have "Made" sense out of the chaos. It is dirt easy to "Spin" the news as anyone watching Chris Matthews can attest. For the record, the only way you can see what really happened is by watching CSPAN, and then you don't get the back room stuff.

We have an adversarial form of government. The dems against the repubs and the bureaucrats against the elected bunch. Right now two people in power are holding up a vote on an energy plan that even some of the more credible left leaning have bought most of, for example. And those in the news gathering business are like snakes, they will turn on you in a heart beat if and when they decide their personal interests lean that way.

The real problem we have is that all this infighting and bickering has stopped us from dealing with our self interest in effective ways. Well, if you interpret self interest as the greatest common good. If you just go with self interest, to heck with the rest of humanity, then you get the hard cases both on the left and on the right. And those of us in the middle get the shaft.

This bears a great deal of resemblance to the attitude of waywards in which self interest and emotions trump the good of the family.

Larry

D
D
Originally Posted by MyRevelation
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
So, no one thinks the sorcerer K.R. might be behind this story? I mean, really, after all....'tis the season!!

Charlotte,

I don't think I've ever posted to you, but we obviously share the same suspicions about the veracity of this story.

The timing just SMACKS of dirty politics. I've always thought JE would make a great VP running mate for Obama ... possibly the R's see him as a threat also???

I think it's very much possible. Even probable. Dare I go further than just sticking my toe in and jump the rest of the way in and say that it's very likely? Well, yeah. I just did.

LOL!! I knew that was going to create a big stink but I couldn't help it!! I just HAD to say it!! It's one of the first things I thought of. Me, and some other people I know. And now you as well.

Charlotte

D
D
I'll take this one!!

Does anybody think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would be able to mess around with young girls if they were normal working class blokes?

YES!!! But the pickin's would be a lot slimmer!! wink

Charlotte

T
T
My favorite joke about Mick Jagger says, "His mouth is so big he could French kiss Wyoming." Absent his money and his fame, he probably would've had trouble picking up chicks when he was YOUNG. grin

Well, let's see how many apologies the Republicans get when this turns out to be a true story, uncovered by a magazine which is run by Clinton supporters. I'll hold my breath. I'm SURE it will be soon.

M
M
"His mouth is so big he could French kiss Wyoming."

Ewwwwwwwwwwww! You take that back! That is so disgusting!
I don't want him anywhere near me...maybe you could pick another state, like, um, Texas! Yeah Texas. Or Florida. Or New York.

P.S. T&L--Check Fem Hyg thread, I have a question for ya!

Last edited by marriedandlonely*; 07/29/08 09:16 PM.
T
T
blush I forgot. Maybe you can be on vacation at the time!

D
D
My favorite joke about Mick Jagger says, "His mouth is so big he could French kiss Wyoming." Absent his money and his fame, he probably would've had trouble picking up chicks when he was YOUNG.

I hear THAT!!! LOL!!

I never could figure out his appeal. Sure isn't any for me!! LOL! I guess he's an "acquired taste?" wink

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

D
D
Ewwwwwwwwwwww! You take that back! That is so disgusting!
I don't want him anywhere near me...maybe you could pick another state, like, um, Texas! Yeah Texas. Or Florida. Or New York.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

NOT Texas!!!!

Alaska.

laugh

T
T
If he picked Alaska wouldn't he look silly with his tongue stuck to the whole state? laugh

D
D
LMAO!! Yeah, like the kid in, "A Christmas Story!"

M
M
Birth certificate for Rielle Hunter's child lists no father even though former aide to John Edwards had claimed paternity in December.

LINK

M
M
Looks like the NE and FOX news had it right.

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

Is it news, yet?

K
K
Looks like he is admitting to adultery, but denying paternity.

It's interesting he makes a point of declaring he did NOT love the OW, and his wife's cancer was in remission at the time. Oh I'm sure that makes Mrs. Edwards feel soooo much better. :RollieEyes:

A
A
"Edwards denied paying any money to Hunter to keep her from going public but said it was possible some of his friends or supporters may have made payments without telling him. "

I sure am glad we got Mr. Rolleyes back in time for this one! :RollieEyes:

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
M
M
Yeah.

I'm sure he's telling the truth now. :RollieEyes:

K
K
Oh well. Another cheating politician. *YAWN*

They all do it...just ask McCain.

I hope they all end up fishing dinner out of dumpsters.

Divorced
T
T
DANG that wascally Wepubwican, Karl Wove, for forcing this poor, innocent, victimized politician to confess to something he didn't do...a manufactured tale by the tabloid National Enquirer, your always-unreliable news source. And welcome to Nightline, the new tabloid source for prevaricating confabulation. Poor Ted Koppel. He must be SO embarrassed at the depths to which prestigious show has sunk. :RollieEyes:

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation