Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2104839 08/06/08 08:14 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I haven't seen any of her posts in a while - just catching up to see how her move went.......

How's everyone else??

Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
B
B
She doesn't post anymore, but she left an update a few days ago, it's half way down the page, titled: A Quick Hello

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
M
M
Hi Laura, thank you for asking about me.

Yes, as Cajun said, I put a post up a few days ago that is somewhere around here...

I probably won't post much. I do still come around from time to time to see if anything catches my eye and if I feel I have something worth sharing I will share it. I just feel that I was not using the board for positive reasons and thus needed to break away for a bit.

I've learned that I do get pretty darn angry when I am betrayed or when people do really stupid things. I need to find healthier ways to deal with that kind of stuff. Here was not the place for it.

I've also learned that I cannot control others thus I shouldn't even try nor should I lower myself to that level. That has been a hard learn and I am sure I am still a work in progress there.

Eh, I'm not perfect either and I have stopped beating myself up over the past. The only one any of us can truly count on is God, all other humans are just that, human, and their will always be humans out there who will let us down. I try my best not to, but I am sure I have let people down before too. Oh well.

As far as my move, it went great. We love it here and it feels so good to put the past in the past. That old town held wayyy too many bad memories, way too many. I now feel free. A new start.
Still waiting for the buyers of my house to close on it. Should be done by August 15. Been busy with my kids. My son went to an awesome hockey camp and I am so proud of him. They are making friends and soon we will be in full fall sports swing. Job is going well and it is nice to live practically down the road from my job now.

We are very blessed and very happy.

Hope you are well yourself Laura.

Michelle (yup, I signed my name. I just don't care who knows if I am here anymore. NOPE. don't care.)

N
N
Nice to hear from you.
I was just thinking of you and wondering where you live now. Is it much farther upstate than before.
No chance for a fall MB gettogether?

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
M
M
newly,

it is only 30 minutes from where we were before, so no farther upstate. (you can't get much farther upstate lest you want to live in canada!) lol

iwillfearnoevil and i were still thinking of maybe a september get together. had no other takers at the time. any dates in september work for you newly?

N
N
My non-kid weekends should be Sept. 5th, and 19th (but I have a wedding reception on 9/20 so I couldn't travel upstate).
Let me know if you get together. I think you have my email address.

Enjoy your new life and fresh start.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
B
B
There are also humans that will pick you up, dust you off, an set you aright. There are humans that will cheer for you. There are humans that will and do love you.

I know how good it is to make a fresh start. Make the best of it!

I wish you good fortune.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
M
M
Thanks Booka, you are awesome and say the best things as always.

Yes, you are right. I am trying to soften up from getting a bit hardened by the humans who DON'T do those things. I will in time I am sure.

Drop me a line sometime.. I still have the same email. Would love to hear how things are going for you Mr. Politician.. :-)

T
OP Offline
T
Hey girl!

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and the kids.

I am bummed that I live in Chicago - no way for me to get up for a MB get-together.....I'd love to meet some of my fellow "dee-vor-cays".........

Have a great weekend!
Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
S
S
Where do you all live in NY? I was in Lake Placid last month w/my BF, no kids. First visit to upstate NY. Ohmigosh what a great place. I was ready to move there.

Next summer, I plan to rent a cottage somewhere in the Adirondacks and take the kids.They would LOVE it.

M
M
we are in the adirondacks starving, not far from where you were :-)

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

C
C
Glad to hear that the move went well.

I was just in your neck of the woods as well - vacation in Bolton Landing. Great place. Did Lake Placid a few years back (my brother did the Iron Man). Love Upstate NY.

personal recovery
M
M
Thanks Cy, nice to hear from you grin

Wow, the iron man huh? I have a lot of respect for those people, those races are hard.

M
M
newly,

what dates do you have available in october?

S
S
Cy,
That's why I was there too.. the Ironman. I was a volunteer. BF did the thing. Cool place! Relaxing too (for me at least!)

M
M
i was there for iron man! the last day of it i was bringing my son to canam hockey camp (it was the first day of camp) and we got so stuck in traffic and rerouted and on and on LOL and it was pouring rain. ugh!

S
S
Oh how funny. You could have passed me standing at one of those barricades yelling at the racers. Of course, who would have known anyone that day...it started raining during the swim and didn't stop until the last finishers were coming in off the marathon. Steady, hard rain too. The whole infield of the skate track was a mud hole. Ugh is right!

Will let u know in advance the next time I'm in the area. Hope to see better weather then!

M
M
ok, that would be fun.
they would not let me drive up to the olympic arena to pick up my son from the ice so we were directed a back way and told we could get through that way. so, we go the back way and are told we cannot access the back way either, we have to park way over there and either walk or wait for a shuttle bus! this was at 8:30 at night in the rain trying to get to my son who was waiting! grrr... we parked and walked as we had missed the shuttle. me in my cute summer sandals, not so good for walking up a pretty much straight up hill LOL

i was glad when that night was over.

M
M
so, the exH and ow are back together.
unfreakin believable!

just when all was going well in my world.
i don't care what he does. he can screw a goat for all i care, but i worry about my kids. so far he has not brought her around them YET, but it is only a matter of time before it is "look guys, daddy and ho ow are working things out. we just needed some time and space." yeah, time and space after she threw he and my kids out of her home so she could be with some other guy.

let's see: she screwed around on her husband of only about 4 months not only with my husband at the time, but some other guy as well. she went back and forth between her H and mine moving out on her h, moving back in, moving out again. (her patterns don't seem to change much as she is doing it all over again). wrecks the last thread of hope in my marriage while my inlaws were here from Alaska trying to help me save my marriage. my h moves in with her when i throw him out. i keep my kids away for about a year from her until legally i no longer could. once they are around her the manipulation begins. she lies to them, plays them, uses them. her and her family try to buy their affection with ridiculously expensive toys. tells them they can have one of their dogs there (it was my exes dog and i told him to take him with him when he left) then, screams at the dog and tells the kids he can't stay there and they are told if he does not find a home he will have to go to the pound causing them great anguish and tears. my ex allows her to treat them this way. so i take the dog back. more manipulation. then all of a sudden she is screwing around on my ex and she is not there when the kids go for visitation. next thing she is telling my ex he has to leave, never explains a thing to my kids, just leaves them hanging. (what do you expect of a selfish heartless b*tch anyway?). i take the kids for a few weeks that he is supposed to have them because he says it is not bearable for them to be there right now until he moves out. nice. he gets a place and now she is done with this other dude and is back in with my ex?

this just proves that what he said to me all those years ago was true: he cares about no one else but number 1. because if he cared about his kids at all he would not have a woman in his life who has continually hurt our kids and threw them out of her home!

i just don't get it. she must be an awful good piece of a** or something for him to keep taking her back when she has done such awful things to his own children.

i'll have to have a long sit down with my kids when he does start bringing her around them again. they feel rejected by her and him as it is. and they both told me that spending time with their father was so much nicer since she was no longer in the picture. and i will admit that it has been much easier to deal with him with her out of the picture as well. guess that will all be down the toilet now.

i don't suspect it will last again, her history proves that. i just pray to god to protect my children and that he keeps her away from them. after her throwing their father out of her home so she could be with some other guy, believe me their feelings for her have changed quite a bit.

i am so glad we moved away!!!!!

all i care about is protecting my children from his bad choices.

C
C
Wow, what a soap opera. Sorry for the kids. I'm glad you moved, too. Are you all settled in? Kids back at school yet? As I recall, my brother completed the race in 11 hours maybe? Those atheletes just amaze me!

personal recovery
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation