Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 68 of 95 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 94 95
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the hug ladies!

The AD's are kicking in and my energy is WAY up. I've actually cooked dinner two nights in a row AND I played baseball and soccer with DS last night. I've been more even keeled and only slight anxiety, which is waning daily. I'm so much more focused. Running around last night did me good too.

There are still tough decisions to come and major change. I'm as prepared as I can be for now. School starts in less than two weeks. DS starts first grade, and he's in football. This is going to be an interesting year :crosseyedcrazy:

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Originally Posted by The Silent One
I've actually cooked dinner two nights in a row
I haven’t cooked two meals for myself this year.

Originally Posted by Silent But Deadly faint
This is going to be an interesting year
What, as opposed to the last couple boring ones?

Last edited by chrisner; 08/13/08 11:03 AM. Reason: Are you the Keymaster?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
The AD's are kicking in and my energy is WAY up. I've actually cooked dinner two nights in a row AND I played baseball and soccer with DS last night. I've been more even keeled and only slight anxiety, which is waning daily. I'm so much more focused. Running around last night did me good too.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, SL. It makes such an amazing difference getting out from under anxiety and depression.

I haven’t cooked two meals for myself this year.
Are there guidelines for what constitutes cooking a meal? Frozen pizza doesn't count, right? What if you make a salad to go with it? Should the distinction be between cooking and re-heating frozen stuff?

I cook (multiple dishes including green vegetables) when I have the kiddos but almost never go beyond re-heating for myself.

Last edited by sdguy038; 08/13/08 11:21 AM. Reason: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Chrisner,

How do you reply with that "originally posted by" doohickey? For the first time in a while, I'm stumped, and that is KEWL cool.

Yeah, if I had my way, somebody else would be cooking for me smirk. It's cheaper to cook than to order in. Heck, I may be back to eating like I did when I was a kid, soon. Beans and weanies, anyone?

As it is, I made pesto tortellini with shrimp and snow peas. That was yummy. It's pretty EASY, on the degree of difficulty cooking scale. Tonight, I'm thinking hot dog and champagne. It's DS's visitation day with dad.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 08/13/08 11:25 AM. Reason: I am the gatekeeper.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
Originally Posted by SD
Are there guidelines for what constitutes cooking a meal? Frozen pizza doesn't count, right? What if you make a salad to go with it? Should the distinction be between cooking and re-heating frozen stuff?

I stick pretty much to a sandwich on a napkin on the kitchen counter. When I am done I can wipe the counter with the napkin. The only utensil utilized in the processes is a knife for mayo. The whole process is complete in around 3-minutes.

Sometimes I have a frozen dinner but I really hate those. I do heat up soup occasionally but this messes up a saucepan, a bowl and a spoon.

DD20 comes over and looks in the fridge and usually comments on my fine but sparse collection of aging condiments.

Before I left for work today I started the dishwasher for the first time since mid-July.

My trash day is down to a single half-filled 13-gallon trash bag on Fridays.

Last edited by chrisner; 08/13/08 11:40 AM. Reason: I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
C
Originally Posted by Silent Yet Clueless
Hey Chrisner,

How do you reply with that "originally posted by" doohickey? For the first time in a while, I'm stumped, and that is KEWL .

It's easy SL.

After the first [qwote] add =Abraham Lincoln

So it would look like (misspelled for demonstration):

[qwote=Abraham Lincoln]Blah blah blahbitty Blah [/qwote]

or done with correct spelling of "quote":

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
Passion has helped us; but can do so no more. It will in future be our enemy. Reason, cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future support and defense.

And you can insert an emoticon after Abraham Lincoln just as in any text group.

Sweet.

Last edited by chrisner; 08/13/08 11:57 AM. Reason: Generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.

C
C
If you like sushi, the local grocery stores now seem to be on the bandwagon with sushi chefs right there in the store. I stop on the way home and get 8 - 10 pieces of sushi in a cute little tray. Use the disposable chop sticks and you don't even have to wipe the counter with your napkin. Just throw tray and all away.
And if you just take it right out to the deck, you don't even have to use the kitchen!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
J
J
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Beans and weanies, anyone?

Seriously.. you're testing my resolve not to drive this thread back into the gutter right?

naughty

Tonight, I'm thinking hot dog and champagne.

I'm guessing it'll beat dipping your Vienna Sausages in the bogwater..

Ahh.. I feel better now..

hurray

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by James stickout

I dunno, I'd have to consult with BC and get back to you on that. wink

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B

I'm flattered blush

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
J
J
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun

I'm flattered blush

And I'm apparently Mr. Yuck..

uhuh

Feelin the love.. feelin the love...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by James ;)
And I'm apparently Mr. Yuck..

Uh, nope. You are, however, my go to guy for information regarding computers, swimming, pig snot and various and sundry things...

BC's KNOWN for placing his vienna sausage in various outdoor situations, so I assumed he'd be the go to guy for that, you see... :crosseyedcrazy:

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Hi SL,

Just dropping by to say HI, and that you are in my thoughts.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for dropping by, Luna.

I'm doing well. Have to get out to get school supplies this weekend. Pay some bills and coast into the next work week. DS gets home this afternoon, so it's a great end to my weekend.

I haven't been doing a lot with my free time; mostly just lounging, taking it easy. With the school year approaching, I feel the need to relax before it gets back into full swing. I'm gonna be busy with helping with homework and his football. I look forward to it.

Not much thinking on the Zombie lately. Mostly, when I do, it's about how stoopid he's been, how wreckless. He must be lost inside all of this. Really poor choices that we all have to deal with.

Someday, this will all be a distant memory, and I will have no regrets. I fought for my family, for my husband, for myself. I'm glad I did. Certainly not what I wanted, but it is what it is.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Hi SL,

I haven't been doing a lot with my free time; mostly just lounging, taking it easy. With the school year approaching, I feel the need to relax before it gets back into full swing.

....Well... 'taking it easy' is not EASY sometimes even though it might be just what we need... so good for you! dance2 (this guy certainly isn't taking it easy!)

Certainly not what I wanted, but it is what it is.

...said like a true BrambleRose follower... (BTW, I often wonder how she's doing... I certainly miss her posts)

(((((((((((((((((SL)))))))))))))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
L
L
Hi SL,

Bumping up for some news from you.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
S
OP Offline
S
The appraisal was done yesterday, by some dude the Zombie contacted. We'll see what the numbers are. If they are considerably low, I'll consider contacting my own appraiser to ensure that it's not being lowballed.

Not much else going on. No emotional turmoil, which is nice. I was a little low yesterday, but not enough for it to effect me much, just enough to be noticed.

I've gotten lots of nice compliments on the new curly hair from the menfolk round my work; one coworker said it was 'very becoming'. It sounded like a compliment.

I feel pretty good most of the time. Things have been pretty lean at home, so I'm not going out at all. I spend most of my time either mowing, floating in the pool, or watching movies.

With the days growing shorter, and the evenings becoming more cool, I've been considering going for walks around the neighborhood, to get some exercise. I'm going to talk to my sis about it this evening, see if she is open to watching my kid while I do, on her evenings off.

Anyway, kinda boring, I know, but boring is a nice change from the upheaval.

Some days, I really wish I had amanda huginkiss, but that's about it. sigh

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
I wish I had amanda huginkiss

Have you been playing Mad Gabs again or is there something you want to tell us?

Fox flirt

L
L
Good to hear from you,SL.

I've been considering going for walks around the neighborhood, to get some exercise. I'm going to talk to my sis about it this evening, see if she is open to watching my kid while I do, on her evenings off.

This sounds like a very good idea.

((((((((((((((((((SL)))))))))))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
S
OP Offline
S
It's a prank call that Bart Simpson made to Moe's place. "IS There Amanda Huginkiss here?"

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Page 68 of 95 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation