Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 95 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95
W
W
They must all be too shy. Or can't do it well enough not to be sensored. :RollieEyes:

Fox

Q
Q
I'm patient.

The tapping is for exercise.

wink

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
James,

I used to be a programmer and I don't think the problem is that complicated. I see it as a simple programming error - an infinite loop.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
a simple programming error - an infinite loop.

HAH!!! Chai wins!

Queenie, as for the stepping on the shoes and knocking the books out, it could be two things. Boys trying to hide their whosawhatsits OR watching the girls bend over to retrieve aforementioned books.

Boys are weird, but cute.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Silent:

Is was to do both of them....

Insert rolly-eyed thingy here>>>> :RollieEyes:

LG

S
S
watching the girls bend over

Anyone got a binder I can borrow?

S
OP Offline
S
See, I knew it.

Back then y'all just ticked me off every time I had to pick my books up.

Oh, wait, that makes me sound like the town bicycle. I was NOT like that.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
Queenie, as for the stepping on the shoes and knocking the books out, it could be two things. Boys trying to hide their whosawhatsits OR watching the girls bend over to retrieve aforementioned books.
For all my worldly thinking, I am one small town girl.

And sheltered.

:RollieEyes:

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Hi SL,

How are you doing?

...BTW Chai, I am late in the game, but your comment...

I see it as a simple programming error - an infinite loop.

...was spot on! cool

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
OP Offline
S
Good morning, Luna!

I'm well. Had a good weekend, hanging out with friends and family. Sunday was very calm and quiet, except for the bit where I mowed, but otherwise, quiet. Got in the pool with DS (the pool is getting COLDER :MrEEk:), but had lots of fun.

Watched some Olympics, Beach Volleyball, soccer, swimming and girls gymnastics yesterday. Good stuff.

Not much thinking about the Zombie, which is how I like it.

The Lexapro is making me pretty drowsy, so I may switch to taking it at night. Good news is it is working in reducing my anxiety. I am in a crunch to get some paperwork done this week, and can feel the underlying stress.

Still waiting to hear from the Zombie about an appraisal. HE volunteered to set up the appointment, and I haven't heard anything. I will wait a bit longer and then contact him. Seems like a long time to set up an appraisal, but it's not like i do it all of the time. meh.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
SL,

Glad you had a good weekend.

I took my a.d.'s at night for the very same reason. Worked just as well for the emotional stability, and I got a bonus for a bit better rest.

Scheduling an appraisal doesn't take that much time. You pick up the phone, make a call, set a date. Not too complex, unless you are a Zombie, I guess.

Have a great week.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
L
L
Silent:

You make the call for the Appraisal.

IN a week. They cost $300-$500. Advise them that it is for a divorce situation.

If you hire this person, then you can control the answer. And that answer may be more in your favor. Of course IF, and that's a big IF, the Zombie does call, then the same would be true for him. However, you might end up with dueling appraisals, and then you just split the difference.

You may even want to sit on yours, and NOT let him know about it, unless his is higher then yours.

And yes the pool water is getting colder, where's that SUN at?

LG

ALMOST got caught in that bridge traffic yesterday....It only took 1.5 hours from Severna Park to the Eastern Shore. Missed about 3-4 hours of the backup!

S
OP Offline
S
If you hire this person, then you can control the answer.

To a certain extent, I do agree with this. I cannot expect someone to lowball an estimate though, and it's not any more in his best interest for the appraiser to estimate on the high end against me, because that's just more for him to have to buy me out with. OY!

I have the names of two appraisers who do work for my lawyer often. She warned me not to let them know that it was for DIVORCE though, because it can scare appraisers away. She said to tell them it was for a separation agreement.

I also don't have ANY money to pay the fee right now ($400); that is why *i* have put the call off. I just paid $750 for the retainer and I had to CHARGE that. I'm tapped out, and this month is back to school, gotta buy school supplies. Things are more than tight right now. I'm hesitant to borrow against my 401k, because I don't want to have to pay taxes next year. This year was bad enough.

I'm not making excuses, just tellin it like it is. I just can't seem to catch up. Such is life, eh.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Silent:

If your attorney says not to mention the D, that's cool.

And this is true:

I cannot expect someone to lowball an estimate though,

You expect them to do thier job. You hope to have a lower number if you hire them though. But the answers should be comparable...

LG

L
L
Hi SL,

Good to have an update from you...

In affairland, the consequences on our emotional and physical health are definitively right UP THERE! rant2.. but so is the stress of dealing with the financial fallout...

Keep doing the best you can, SL, and take care.

(((((((((((((((((SL)))))))))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
S
S
Hmm. rant2 That's a new one, isn't it? It reminds me of BR, somehow.

This one reminds me of waywards in general: puke

S
OP Offline
S
OMG!!!There are a plethora of emoticons now. This is AWESOM hurray Now, don't y'all go and overuse them naughty

Yes, the stress can take a huge toll, and it has, in many ways. The financial burden is overwhelming at times, as I'm sure many here have experienced. I may eventually thank my lucky stars that I'm outta this marriage, but I will never be thankful for the financial straights it's landed me in. It just plain SUX. grumble

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
K
K
Hi SL -

Hope you are doing o.k. tonight. It's unfortunate that the Wayward doesn't have to pay for all lawyer's expenses. It's their fault that the D is happening in the first place.

I admire your strength through this. And Believer gives me hope, just reading her posts shows that there is so much waiting for us at the other end of this tunnel.

Take care!

D-Day May 14th, 2005
Married 16 Years
DS age 8
6 months Plan A
Plan B 10-11-05, H moved back in June 2007, Very False Recovery.
2nd Day-Day 7/7/08 Kicked WH Out.
Plan B for my sanity
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Robert Brault
L
L
Hi SL,

It just plain SUX.

From me to you: hug

XBW
DS16 & DS22
M
mvg Offline
M
Checking in on you gal! Like luna said from me to you hug

And you're right it suxs!

EA4-7/07,Dday7/29,NC 7/30/07
ME 47 WH 48
Married 30 yrs.
2 DD,4 GC
Found out
Learning
Page 67 of 95 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation