Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 224 of 339 1 2 222 223 224 225 226 338 339
A
A
Ok sooo Im suppose to cheer for our home team... Which is the Cowboys...But i was raised with...............

REDSKINS

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
C
C
Well, I was raised on Idaho potatoes, personally. Although I do like red potatoes or new potatoes in some things. They are really good in a low country boil of shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage, and potatoes.

M
M
Go Bears!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Mark,

Can you please pop over to Bugs thread and give her some wisdom, prayer or something to help her concentrate on G-d.

Thank you

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Queenie..

Posted this on ark's BE STILL thread.. but I thought you might appreciate it in particular:

Originally Posted by Jamesus
Ok.. this very thread has contributed quite a bit to the peace that I have managed to scratch out for myself in the year that I have been struggling with my lovely and otherwise very intelligent wife's betrayal and destruction of my family.

I've been trying to find a way to give back along the way and find myself increasingly posting hope to others who find themselves in this terrible situation.

I found something in my devotional 'internet browsing' today from a website designed to help Christians understand Hebrew a little better.. so the info about the translation comes from there.. I'll paraphrase so as not to infringe on any copyright.

When I read the words BE STILL.. I am immediately reminded of Psalm 46:10 - 'Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.'

The premise of the verse has been debated as to whether or not it is a call to meditate/pray/etc on God.. or if it's something else... something different.

After reading the Hebrew information it becomes clear that the verse isn't so much about meditation as it is the MEDIATION of God in our lives.

The command to 'Be Still' comes from the Hebrew - Hiphil stem of the verb rapha. Rapha is an interesting verb, because in english verbs denote 'action' but in this case the meaning is to be weak, to let go, to release.. and so the pure translation of 'Be Still' might better be translated as 'Let go', 'Humble yourself', 'Be weak before God'... and this furthers my earlier devotion today about the pitfalls of pride in those who stand for their marriages, looking at themselves as better or superior in the eyes of others and God, rather than humbling themselves and working on our BS stuff first.

But in the end, why are we commanded often in the Bible to Be Still, let go, surrender and what many of us struggle with.. to die to ourselves. The Hebrew grammar places emphasis in this verse on the imperative to Be Still, and then KNOW becomes the second imperative. In other words, we MUST surrender ourselves to God in order for Him to fully take control and reveal His blessings in our lives. He is Ribbono Shel Olam - the master of the universe.. we must give up trusting in ourselves and our own designs in order to experience God's power in our lives.. (reference: Exodus 14:14)

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
OP Offline
Q
to die to ourselves.
I DID die, at least the old me did.

This person and soul who lives today is b/c of what G-d has built back and continues to work in.

Psalm 23 is my life, my reason for this, my understanding of what G-d wanted from me.

I'm just grateful I was so broken that I got the message.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife

This is so weird to so many people.

Just want you to know that I TOTALLY GET THIS.. and am right there with you..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted By: QueeniesNewLife

This is so weird to so many people.

Just want you to know that I TOTALLY GET THIS.. and am right there with you..

Then G-d did as he promised, to turn something bad into good.

It just was such a high cost. But with what's going on with Bugs how can WE NOT be hopefull for US and our waywards.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Hi Queenie,

Just got caught up on your thread and thought I'd say HI!

...and, yes, we're all 'hanging in' together...

I remember, given the 'lows' of being a BS, that one of my biggest fears was that the trauma I experienced due to the affair had broken my spirit... something that I cherished dearly and knew I needed not only to continue on but to experience joy again... that, and my sense of responsibility was what gave me the strength to go into....PLAN B, and start the climb back up!

uhmmmm....didn't realize that a bunch of you had the football bug...and as I see, not all for the same team! :RollieEyes:

...and guess, we can expect more of the same with the season starting!?! sleep

...well...it will at least help with the....'keeping busy' category whistle

...and I don't know what parts of the body Cind is referring to...

Instead of pulling on their own genitalia, the players whack each other on the gluteus maximus!

...but it sure sounds..MESSY! smirk

Last edited by lunamare; 08/08/08 08:17 PM.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
Luna, my spelling may be off but, in my opinion, baseball players can't keep their hands off their own parts exposed in frontal nudity and football players can't keep their hands off each others' "buns".

A
A
I have to agree with Cinder on this one!

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hey woman,

Shabbat Shalom, how are you?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Hey there!

Shabbat Shalom

Doing good. I had a hard week with just me and kiddos. But DH made it up with a pedicure and of coarse I had to get my nails filled in.

We have come to some agreements on what we are going to do with the house. We are going to call the realtor tomorrow and take it off the market and then refi the house payments. Im gonna work for a bit to get debt paid off and then I am gonna quit and stay home for a bit. Maybe pick up a part time job here and there. I just hate the fact that I am missing Bethanee grow up. And I want to be home with my boys come home from school.

I dont know if you have been reading my recovery post. I am just dealing with some trust issues with DH. Other then that WE are doing pretty well!!!

I see you are doing pretty good too! Im very proud of you. How was your week overall?

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
I'm so glad you to have come to some agreements that seem to be putting more assurance in your life of where you are going. That's awesome and your children deserve to have you home. It's the best possible situation.

Overall, my week was FABULOUS. I love being back at work and it helped that the weather was crappy.

I'm so excited watching what is happening over on Bug's thread that I am having more hope in my life for us.

I want that miracle.

What are you doing this weekend other than taking the house off the market.

For me it's a quiet one.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Yes I am very happy for Bugs! I havent answered in her post but have been reading it.

One day that will be you. Just keep doing what you are doing for now Queenie. You have come along way. You are a better person to yourself and improving every day!

I work tomorrow from 2p to 10p. Unfortantly wont be able to do a nice dinner but maybe lunch if I have time smile

Im off sunday and I plan to do NOTHING well maybe clothes but thats about it!

Glad your week was great. And returning to work wasnt to crazy.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
What would you like to do for lunch?

Good you deserve a day off with hubby around and some rest and family time. I'm glad you are going to get it.

The teachers are really back until the 18th, so one more week of quiet. I HOPE...

I hope so Pretty. I really hope it's G-ds will for my M to be recovered. It would certainly be a glory to G-d and his word.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
We get to meet the boys teachers on the 21st.

I have requested to have that evening off. I also have next weekend fully off!

I want to bring in Shabbat with family next week.

Just realized theres alot of I's in here lol.

I am not sure what I want to make tomorrow for lunch. I just missed my hubby so much I just want to be with him. Of coarse he usually lets me sleep in till about noon. Then we rush lunch and off to work I go... smile

Just keep praying to G-d. He hears you Queenie and what he can do is help guide you to lead yourself thru this.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Just keep praying to G-d. He hears you Queenie and what he can do is help guide you to lead yourself thru this.

I miss my H so much. But I can't go there or it will spiral down.

And he's supposed to be dead to me.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
NO NO NO do no think of him.

Dont get all depressed. Keep positive thoughts and happy thoughts going !!!

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
M
M
Shabbat Shalom!

While I am excited as can be with the turn of events for Bugs I would warn of one thing...

Happily ever after hasn't happened yet...

If he is willing to do the hard work, they might be able to pull it off.

If Bugs has the energy left, they might be able to make it...

In about two years or so.

I haven't posted to Bugs yet because I haven't been reading her thread all along and really need to absorb some of what has gone on already before jumping in with a high five.

I see a man who is pretty much broken, but maybe not yet low enough to do what it will take.

And it will take much more from him than just wanting to go home.

Anybody remember the phrase "No expectations!"...

She, and everyone here, needs to...

G....o ... ... s.....l.....o.....w.....

AS JL might say, she needs to decide based on the data...

Mark

Page 224 of 339 1 2 222 223 224 225 226 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation