Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
and now there is a federal crime of using campaign funds to pay this woman off. $14,000 from the campaign advisor to the ho...but, of course, JE knew nothing of this.

Wait and see where this goes.

And of course there will be no DNA testing....why...gee, shucks, I don't know.

Edwards last week acknowledged he had an affair with Hunter in 2006. The former Democratic presidential contender and senator from North Carolina has denied any knowledge of those payments to Hunter from Fred Baron, Edwards' national finance chairman and a wealthy Dallas-based trial attorney. Baron also has described his payments to Hunter as a private transaction.

But the $14,000 payment to Hunter is significant because its source was Edwards' OneAmerica political action committee, whose expenditures are governed by U.S. election laws. Willfully converting money from a political action committee for personal use would have been a federal criminal violation.

And WHY was he with her in July 2008???? He supposedly confessed to his wife in 2006. Gee, shucks, I don't know.

Last edited by medc; 08/15/08 09:19 AM.
T
T
KarlRovetheDevil made him do it.

T
T
But he reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyREALLY didn't want to!!

R
R
Rielle Hunter, the mistress at the center of the political storm around Edwards, held the former North Carolina senator in high regard. However, the party girl-turned-healer-turned-videographer was apparently less generous with her former paramour's wife.

"I've only met her once," Hunter told Newsweek reporter Jonathan Darman in late 2006 during a lunch in which she mistakenly cast him as a friend. "She does not give off good energy. She didn't make eye contact with me."

Weeks later, Hunter was fired from her job documenting Edwards on the campaign trail. She called the reporter to tell him, saying Edwards did not defend her when she was relieved of her $114,000-plus job. But her scorn for Elizabeth Edwards was evident, blaming her for her misfortune.

"Someday, the truth about her is going to come out," Hunter told Newsweek.

Darman, who first met Hunter in Iowa in July 2006 while she was filming the documentary

Source Click Here

This sleazy OW [Rielle Hunter] makes my blood boil. It has really hit a nerve the way she talks bad about JE's betrayed wife.

Just a complete and utter preditor with no signs of a conscience.

Disgusting. mad

M
M
This sleazy OW [Rielle Hunter] makes my blood boil. It has really hit a nerve the way she talks bad about JE's betrayed wife.

Disgusting.

EXACTLY!! rant2

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
F
F
Originally Posted by mimi_here

Disgusting.

EXACTLY!! rant2

But that's a tad "judmental" of us, don't you think?

After all, who are we to say that what she feels and what she wants is "wrong?"

Or maybe it would be wrong for us, but she has the right to believe it's right for her?

think naughty faint

R
R
Originally Posted by mimi_here

Disgusting.

EXACTLY!! rant2

^5 Mimi!

hurray hurray hurray

M
M

I agree 100%.

I would say though that she is no worse (and most likely a little better) in this case as JE is ONLY one that broke wedding vows here. She is certainly low...but the WS is lower..by far.

E
E
Originally Posted by medc

I agree 100%.

I would say though that she is no worse (and most likely a little better) in this case as JE is ONLY one that broke wedding vows here. She is certainly low...but the WS is lower..by far.

I guess I see it differently.

I can cut some slack for those who don't know their partner is married.

However, given how public JE is and that it's pretty common knowledge that he's married, I think anyone who pairs up with a known married person is just as low as the unfaithful spouse.

MEDC, you are or were in law enforcement. There has to be some sort of respect for the badge for it to work.

So why not apply the same concept to marriage. There has to be respect for the marriage by those not in the marriage for it to work best.

Sure, there are corrupt cops like there are unfaithful spouses. However, for the system to work, there has to be respect for the badge, even if the officer is bad.

The same is true for marriage. One part in defense of marriage is for those who know the man or woman is married, is for the potential affair partner to say no to any advances by an unfaithful man or woman.

I really see an affair partner's involvement with a known married person just as bad as the married person's infidelity.

It's not a personal breaking of the vow, but it is a personal disrespect of that vow.

M
M
well, using your example. Having been a cop and taken the VOW to enforce the law and proctec others, I think my responsibility and obligion exceeds that of a person that did not. If I were to break the law, I would have expeced and deserved a hasher punishment (and judgement) based on those "vows."

One should respect the marriage. But any and every marriage would be safe if those that took the vows lived up to their promises.

Edwards is guilty of everything that she did PLUS he betrayed his wife and his vows.

R
R
I really see an affair partner's involvement with a known married person, who's wife is struggling with a life threatening illness namely cancer, just as bad as the married person's infidelity.

Hi EE,

I added what I deem an important piece (RED) to your quote above.

Having been in this very situation, and having the OW harrass me while sick, IMO the onus lies on both their shoulders, equally.

Jo

E
E
It takes both.

And sadly, there are enough on both sides of the marital fence to mess up a good system.

Just like there are enough bad apples on both sides of the badge to make things bad for the innocent.

The only difference I see, is that perhaps you can add a charge of not keeping one's own vow, be it the oath an LEO takes or the vows of the married.

So if you are counting, yes there are more infractions.

But if you look at the damage, it's the same. So being pragmatic, I see it just as bad regardless of the marital status of the affair partner.

And affair is an affair, the damage is the same, regardless of her marital status, therefore, no allowance for her will be given by me.

E
E
Originally Posted by Resilient
I really see an affair partner's involvement with a known married person, who's wife is struggling with a life threatening illness namely cancer, just as bad as the married person's infidelity.

Hi EE,

I added what I deem an impotant piece (RED) to your quote above.

Having been in this very situation, and having the OW harrass me while sick, IMO the onus lies on both their shoulders, equally.

Jo

I don't think it even requires the betrayed partner to be sick. It's bad regardless the health of the betrayed partner.

For example, I don't see Monica L. as an innocent victim. She knew Bill was married. She is just as much a low-life as Bill was, lying about what happened.

R
R
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
I don't think it even requires the betrayed partner to be sick. It's bad regardless the health of the betrayed partner.

For example, I don't see Monica L. as an innocent victim. She knew Bill was married. She is just as much a low-life as Bill was, lying about what happened.

Agreed. However, the idea the OW (and WH for that matter) knows the wife is sick and fighting for her life makes their actions even that more outrageous.

Believe me, I've been here for 8 years and would NEVER consider an OW "INNOCENT" or a "VICTIM". Quite the contrary.

Jo

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation