Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
H
H
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Didn't you hear? McCain promised to end abortion :RollieEyes:, so none of that matters.

This is the promise you are proud of? The one Obama made to
the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, that abortion would be the first priority of his administration.

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act," Obama said in his July speech to abortion advocates worried about the increase of pro-life legislation at the state level.

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is legislation Obama has co-sponsored along with 18 other senators that would annihilate every single state law limiting or regulating abortion, including the federal ban on partial birth abortion.

The 2007 version of FOCA proposed: "It is the policy of the United States that every woman has the fundamental right to choose to bear a child, to terminate a pregnancy prior to fetal viability, or to terminate a pregnancy after fetal viability when necessary to protect the life or health of the woman."

And "Health of Women" is so broadly defined Women can legally have an abortion in most states for any reason and at any time, even the mental stress the inconvenience might cause. Obama will make sure Women can have an abortion at any time and for any reason during pregnancy in all states.

D
D
You know,

This is exactly why I don't like to get into these discussions. Now I have been insulted and evil has been wished upon me because of my opinion.

That's a real Christian thing to do. Yeah. :RollieEyes:

Well, I'm not going to throw insults and hate back. Even though it's very tempting. It would be the wrong thing to do.

And this is not aimed directly at you, Husband1, yours was the last post so that's where this one ended up.

Charlotte

P
P
Who cares who McCain abandoned and how "arrogant" Obama is (nothing worse than an arrogant BLACK MAN :RollieEyes:)

Haven't you heard?

Neither of them is going to be fluffin' their pillows at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue because the White House is in foreclosure. The Bank of Beijing (a.k.a 北京银行) has called in the loan because we couldn't cover the $261 billion dollar interest-only payment for the sixth month in a row.

Me: 56
H: 61
DD: 13 and hormonal
DS: 20

Oldest son died 1994 @ age 8

Happily married 30+ years
H
H
Originally Posted by pieta
Who cares who McCain abandoned and how "arrogant" Obama is (nothing worse than an arrogant BLACK MAN :RollieEyes:)

Haven't you heard?

Neither of them is going to be fluffin' their pillows at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue because the White House is in foreclosure. The Bank of Beijing (a.k.a 北京银行) has called in the loan because we couldn't cover the $261 billion dollar interest-only payment for the sixth month in a row.

Please explain. If debating issues doesn’t work due to lack of substance just play the race card?

M
M
My thing is..I don't see how anyone who has been the VICTIM of INFIDELITY could vote for McCain..

After seeing the interview with THEM, it would be like a TRIGGER everytime I saw THEM..

My husband's affair was with a woman 17 YEARS YOUNGER than him..just like the gap between them...

I HATE FOR HIM to see them TOGETHER...

I HATE TO SEE THEM..

But I sat through the interviews to try to get first hand knowledge..I was gonna give them a chance..see what they had to say..

THEY FAILED MY TEST BIG TIME..

ESPECIALLY HER..I wanted to reach through the TV SCREEN and SLAP HER FACE..

It's just YUCKY..YUCKY... puke

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
K
K
I think it's odd that so many of those opposed to abortion are also opposed to sex ed in public schools, at a young enough age that it might actually make a difference.

If you are so certain that abortion is murder, and you also believe that God is real, then surely you believe he will deal with these "killers" in the afterlife.

Divorced
M
M
If you are so certain that abortion is murder, and you also believe that God is real, then surely you believe he will deal with these "killers" in the afterlife.

well, I guess its time to open the prisons and get rid of the police too. Krazy has a solution for murder now....might as well extend that to all crimes. Just let God deal with them.

I do think sex-ed would be a good idea.

M
M
I HATE TO SEE THEM..

well, get over it.

You want to see something really horrible...Google abortion pictures.

here, I did it for you.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources/abortionimages/index.htm

Last edited by medc; 08/21/08 03:40 PM.
M
M
:crosseyedcrazy:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Do you believe life begins at conception?

Divorced
M
M

Do you believe life begins at conception?

I believe life begins when I wake up, why?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
I'm always amazed that some people think that the very instant an egg is fertilized, it's a full-blown human being.

Divorced
H
H
I'm always amazed that some people think that the very instant an egg is fertilized, it's a full-blown human being.

The miracle of life is amazing; no argument there. Conceived when an egg and sperm join together and form this unique individual made up of equal parts mother and Father; I can’t think of anything more amazing.

I can definitively amaze you and confirm I believe life begins at conception and this amazing child deserves the protection of society.

Please enlighten me and share when you definitively know a Childs life counts?

Amillia Taylor, born at 21 weeks, 6 days celebrated her 1st birthday in November. Is she a baby? Do you confidently know when this switch turns on and a baby’s life counts?

T
T
Okay, enough already...

I'm laughing so hard my sides are splitting...

Can we end this productive abortion discussion and move on to condemning each others religious beliefs?

That'd be a real hoot!!!

They, maybe we could move ito insulting each other's mothers...

You know, "your mother's so ugly _______!

I cannot believe this!

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

M
M
This law would protect doctors like my brother who refuse to write a referral for an abortion. Of course, planned parenthood is against it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26334679

M
M

Listen, that does not interest me. What interests me is how much welfare money I can get? I am going to quit my job and be a welfare momma.

How much can I get if vote for your guy? I DO HAVE standards, ya know. smile

Exposure 101

M
M

Listen, that does not interest me. What interests me is how much welfare money I can get? I am going to quit my job and be a welfare momma.

rotflmao

M
M
whatever is that crazy man laffing about? flirt

Welfare Mel

Exposure 101

K
K
Originally Posted by Husband1

The miracle of life is amazing; no argument there. Conceived when an egg and sperm join together and form this unique individual made up of equal parts mother and Father; I can’t think of anything more amazing.

I can definitively amaze you and confirm I believe life begins at conception and this amazing child deserves the protection of society.

Please enlighten me and share when you definitively know a Childs life counts?

Amillia Taylor, born at 21 weeks, 6 days celebrated her 1st birthday in November. Is she a baby? Do you confidently know when this switch turns on and a baby’s life counts?

That same "amazing event" happens with every other mammal on the face of the earth.

If a newly-fertilized egg is a full-blown human, then it's not just abortion that should be illegal. Smoking, drinking, or even consuming fast food should be considered child abuse, and punishable as such.

So should ANY other activity that could endanger the child.

Lifting too much weight.
Drinking coffee.
Being too "stressed out".

Etc.

How about a life insurance policy for this person, in the first trimester, so if there is a miscarriage I can get a big fat check?

Divorced
K
K

Yeah, yeah...

P!ss on the poor....there's a typical, modern-day Christian attitude for ya.

Divorced
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation