Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
N
N
I don't think one has to be conservative to understand that abortion is murder. Thinking and morality is not the exclusive domain of conservatives. [I am more of a Libertarian myself] There are thinkers, from all walks of life. who know right from wrong, who don't accept the mindless pro-abortion bumper stickers.

I wasn't saying that one has to be conservative to be against abortion (just that I think most on this thread are conservatives) ..........believe me, I know LOTS of democrats who believe abortion is murder......and some of them will decide to vote for McCain because abortion is the deciding factor.........for many others, just the fact that McCain is anti-abortion doesn't trump all the other issues ..... I am not even so sure I believe Mc Cain really concerns himself much about the abortion issue except that he knows it will get him votes.
I was not making a pro abortion statement, just noting that conservatives will talk more about abortion than McCain's affair because they know it will get them votes.

Last edited by nia17; 08/21/08 08:39 PM.
N
N

I thought THIS FORUM would be the appropriate place to FOCUS on this particular issue...

AND..check out the SUBJECT of THIS TOPIC..."John McCain abandoned his first CRIPPLED wife"

Seems a reasonable place to RANT AND RAVE..about THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC... to me..

I agree.......but, ranting and raving about McCain's affair isn't going to persuade anybody to vote AGAINST him. That was the point I was trying to make. If abortion is your #1 concern, you HAVE to vote McCain........even if he and Cindy are adulterers and kinda creepy.

M
M
Originally Posted by nia17
I was not making a pro abortion statement, just noting that conservatives will talk more about abortion than McCain's affair because they know it will get them more votes.

huh? WHO exactly? That has never crossed my mind. Can you tell me who is doing that and how you know?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I agree.......but, ranting and raving about McCain's affair isn't going to persuade anybody to vote AGAINST him. That was the point I was trying to make. If abortion is your #1 concern, you HAVE to vote McCain........even if he and Cindy are adulterers and kinda creepy.

Why do you think that everything has to do with a VOTE? I don't give a ratsass who votes for whom, but I do care about the killing of the unborn.

Do you think that maybe people just discuss the issues that concern/interest them because they are interested in that issue?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
..... I am not even so sure I believe Mc Cain really concerns himself much about the abortion issue except that he knows it will get him votes.

Didnt' you hear? He is a "maverick..." wink

Exposure 101

H
H
Originally Posted by mimi_here
Why no one will talk about JOHN McCAIN being in an AFFAIRAGE???

I betcha ABORTION will not be banned if he becomes President.

Let's deal with FIRST THINGS FIRST.

He and his wife are IMMORAL...

They don't even believe in the SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE..

Are you saying his affair 28 years ago is more important and justification to vote for someone who makes expanding and protecting abortion laws his priority?
I have never voted for McCain and disagree with him on many issues I feel strongly about. There are also issues in addition to abortion that McCain supports that are so important I will vote for him in spite of my many disagreements.

I have no respect for the alleged affairs he likely had while traveling after he returned as a prisoner of war and none for the obvious affair he had with Cindy. I would have hoped he would have staid married but if they had both changed so much from the ordeals and suffering they experienced, Senator McCain should have had the decency to divorce her before entering into another relationship. So he was a scum bag and nothing can change my opinion on those actions during that part of his life. His POW experience may explain some of the changes he went through but in no way justify it.

That was 28 years ago. He has admitted he was wrong time and time again, most recently commenting that his failed first marriage was his greatest regret. His former wife has forgiven him. Should any bereaved spouse ever be forgiven? I have chosen to forgive my wife plus I have the comfort of her honest remorse and am still married to her. Even though some of you are certain you can see into his heart I don’t have that omnipotent power. I can only respect the support he still gets from his first wife and hope he is sincere in understanding his failings.

So puke all over every other important issue we need our next President to stand up for and base your vote on his affair. I’m curious, would you vote for McCain if he was still married to his first wife, never cheated, but all other history was the same? If all you have to decide on is based on the position on issues most important to you, to who would that vote go?

I disagree with McCain on many issues and will voice those disagreements without reservation but I do know where he stands . Other than Obama’s number one priority to expand the rights of women to kill babies, what does Obama stand for? Change, hope, anything but Bush? I also see Obama as standing strongly against the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

T
T
(just that I think most on this thread are conservatives

Have you actually read this thread? Because, in my humble opinion, either your reading or your math could use an upgrade, if that's what you really think. crazy

N
N

Do you think that maybe people just discuss the issues that concern/interest them just because they are interested in that issue?

ofcourse......but, THIS thread was about John McCain and his crippled wife ..But, somehow ended up about Abortion and what candidate is against it.

N
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I was not making a pro abortion statement, just noting that conservatives will talk more about abortion than McCain's affair because they know it will get them more votes.

huh? WHO exactly? That has never crossed my mind. Can you tell me who is doing that and how you know?

I won't name names but I wasn't thinking you.
And I don't know anything for sure......but, it was pretty obvious to me in a couple of posts..... it's politics.

M
M
What about John McCain ABANDONING HIS CRIPPLE WIFE, having an affair with CINDY, marrying her and then them both trying to PARADE around as PRESIDENT/FIRST LADY puke

Mimi, I agree with you. McCain would NOT be my first choice. But when it comes down to a man in an affair marriage or someone that advocates the slaughter of children...I vote for the affair marriage every time. There are things worse than affair and slaughtering babies is one of them.

M
M
Do you think that maybe people just discuss the issues that concern/interest them just because they are interested in that issue?

ofcourse......but, THIS thread was about John McCain and his crippled wife ..But, somehow ended up about Abortion and what candidate is against it.

ok................ so what?

Evolving topics happen on almost every thread.. Why would this thread be any different?

Doesn't it make sense that the topic of abortion would come up as a natural progression on a thread that is discussing politics since abortion is such a KEY POLITICAL ISSUE?

Is there some unwritten standard that no one has told me about?

Exposure 101

M
M

I won't name names but I wasn't thinking you.
And I don't know anything for sure......but, it was pretty obvious to me in a couple of posts..... it's politics.

Yes, this is a POLITICAL thread, so the discussion is POLITICS. That is a given on a political thread.

Exposure 101

M
M
I’m curious, would you vote for McCain if he was still married to his first wife, never cheated, but all other history was the same?

MAYBE..

I was trying to keep to the TOPIC of the thread..

BUT...I also don't consider him to be that BRIGHT..since you asked..

Other than Obama’s number one priority to expand the rights of women to kill babies, what does Obama stand for?

When has Obama stated that this is his NUMBER ONE PRIORITY?

I know FOR SURE that THE ECONOMY is HIGHER on the list ...

But I've ACKNOWLEDGED my lack of knowledge about POLITICS...

I'm LEARNING...

I also see Obama as standing strongly against the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

STANDING STRONGLY AGAINST the sanctity of marriage..NO WAY...MICHELLE WOULD BOP HIM ON THE HEAD...NO WAY...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
N
N
ok................ so what?

Evolving topics happen on almost every thread.. Why would this thread be any different?

Doesn't it make sense that the topic of abortion would come up as a natural progression on a thread that is discussing politics since abortion is such a KEY POLITICAL ISSUE?

Is there some unwritten standard that no one has told me about?

I didn't say this thread was any different....????? ....if you remember.....I was answering mimi's question about why nobody wanted to discuss how disgusting McCain and his wife and their affairage.....I just stated a possible reason why.....something that I noticed (IMO) in several posts on this thread and others.
I am not trying to say there is any unwritten standard.....and I completely agree that abortion IS SUCH a KEY POLITICAL ISSUE....MUCH more than an affair marriage.

Last edited by nia17; 08/21/08 09:15 PM.
H
H
I’m curious, would you vote for McCain if he was still married to his first wife, never cheated, but all other history was the same?

MAYBE..

I was trying to keep to the TOPIC of the thread..

BUT...I also don't consider him to be that BRIGHT..since you asked..

Other than Obama’s number one priority to expand the rights of women to kill babies, what does Obama stand for?

When has Obama stated that this is his NUMBER ONE PRIORITY?

I know FOR SURE that THE ECONOMY is HIGHER on the list ...

But I've ACKNOWLEDGED my lack of knowledge about POLITICS...

I'm LEARNING...

I also see Obama as standing strongly against the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.

STANDING STRONGLY AGAINST the sanctity of marriage..NO WAY...MICHELLE WOULD BOP HIM ON THE HEAD...NO WAY...

The one Obama made to
the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, that abortion would be the first priority of his administration.

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act," Obama said in his July speech to abortion advocates worried about the increase of pro-life legislation at the state level.

Then try to understand what he stands for if you feel it is important to maintain the special place in our society afforded to the marriage between a man and a woman.

T
T
Originally Posted by medc
when it comes down to a man in an affair marriage or someone that advocates the slaughter of children...I vote for the affair marriage every time. There are things worse than affair and slaughtering babies is one of them.

So what if McCain picks a pro-choice running mate? Highly likely you know...

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

M
M
I think the reason is more likely because everyone already AGREES he is a scumbucket and what he did to his wife is abhorrent. What more is there to say?

I have not disagreed with a single negative thing said about him. I DON'T LIKE THE MAN, NEVER HAVE. I thought to myself "DITTO" and moved on. I had nothing more to say.

There isn't much to discuss WHEN EVERYONE ALREADY AGREES.

However, abortion is a different breed of cat! There is always lots and lots to discuss there. Most people are PASSIONATE about abortion and it is a KEY POLITICAL ISSUE.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by TryTooHard
So what if McCain picks a pro-choice running mate? Highly likely you know...

No, he already dispelled the notion that he would choose a pro-abortionist. Rumors were flying that he might pick Tom Ridge and he put the kill on that.

Exposure 101

T
T
what about Loserman...

BH(me): 40ish
FWW:(ILMH) 28yo
DS 3yo
Married 7yrs
Together 10 yrs

??? Spring '07 - Adultery Begins
8/25/07 - 1st D-day (week of our anniv.)
8/07 thru 5/08 - About a dozen D-days/Gaslighting/Flaunting/Fake Recoveries

She finally quit on...

1/1/08 - First real NC attempt(Maybe?)
3/1/08 - Told me OM is an A**hole.(Hope?)
5/3/08 - D-day (Admitted to PA once)
5/4/08 - Latest D-day(Finally confessed to multiple EA/PA in our home)
5/8/08 - Present
Struggling to hold on

N
N
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
(just that I think most on this thread are conservatives

Have you actually read this thread? Because, in my humble opinion, either your reading or your math could use an upgrade, if that's what you really think. crazy

I have read a good bit of this thread....but, not the entire thread.
I would say it was my typing that needs the upgrade......I didn't mean that I think that most on this thread were conservative....I really don't know that as I have not counted.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation